Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Mar 14, 2008, 11:22 PM - Re: got myself a new batman cowl... #26

Quote Zurath Kodul said: View Post
    I've been catching a ton of flack on the other boards for using tape to repair this... I'll do a better job when it's within my ability.

Guys, TDH and hte Lair are the only boards that haven't gone anal on me over this... from the comments on BOTB and LoH, it seems like I've commited a mortal sin.
    Some people on TDH are too nice...and forfeit truth to be uplifting. I believe in constructive criticism. You aren't going to know any better, unless someone points it out. I really think you made a huge mistake (it happens), but you really need someone who has experience to help you mod it or fix it.

Electrical tape is just wrong.

It's a $400 cowl! Not a $5 Halloween mask.

It's like filling in a dent on a car with silicone bathroom caulk! Or using duct tape to hold your bumper on!

Get an expert to fix it.
    Mar 14, 2008, 11:44 PM - Re: got myself a new batman cowl... #27

yeah it doesn't seem right to just leave it "fixed" with electrical tape. personally I think that since Brin wants to fix it you should let him. I bet it'll definitely be worth all the worry caused by not having the cowl right in front of you for a while
    Mar 14, 2008, 11:53 PM - Re: got myself a new batman cowl... #28

i think folks are just in shock that you'd get a crazy expensive thing like that for free, and then tear up the nose like that.

i don't see how one can accidentally cut such a huge slice like that...

i sort of fall on the side of being honest rather than supportive. overcutting a little i could see... snipping through that much of the nose. ouch!
    Mar 15, 2008, 12:06 AM - Re: got myself a new batman cowl... #29

Bottom line is you got it for free, and you didn't attach a value to it so you tried to tweak it, and messed up BAD!

I think if you bought it outright for $400 you would have never tried to mess with it.

You say you'd repair within your means, but you'll tweak it when it is beyond your knowledge.... dude let a pro fix it!

JM2C
    Last edited by Sixxgunn13; Mar 15, 2008 at 2:54 AM.
    Mar 15, 2008, 10:10 PM - Re: got myself a new batman cowl... #30

I full intend to.... as soon as I can cover the shipping charges... so the tape will be the best I can do utnil further notice.