Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
going to quitSubscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Jun 5, 2012, 3:50 PM - Re: going to quit #26

congrats on choosing to quit! your life will be so much better, and you will feel so much better! best of luck to you! and agreed, drink lots of water to flush out your system
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jun 21, 2012, 2:55 PM - Re: going to quit #27

Good goin bro! Im quitting as well, What helps me in the car is sunflower seeds and leaving the smokes at home. Im down to 2 a day and next week im going for one a day. Its AMAZING how after stopping just a little will make it easier to breathe, run, and just breathe! Im right here with ya! Keep us updated ner vod!!!
    Jun 24, 2012, 5:13 AM - Re: going to quit #28

Same here been smoke free for 3 months now! You can do it thru God's grace!
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jun 26, 2012, 4:41 AM - Re: going to quit #29

Quote saint_nasty said: View Post
    my biggest smoking trigger is getting in a car. smoking while driving has always been my thing.
    Get a bus pass
  6. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    Jun 26, 2012, 12:47 PM - Re: going to quit #30

holeeeee!!!!! andyfett!?! when did you start coming back here?
  7. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago - Jun 8, 2016, 1:06 AM - Re: going to quit #31

so... necropost. but i started this thread so it's kind of ok.

here's an update: it only took another four years but i have finally quit smoking about three months ago. a friend of mine turned me on to vaping (not the just little e-cigs), and i was able to get off cigarettes. i'm currently one of those vaping dbags, it's pretty much the gluten-free of smoking (by the way, i discovered i am also celiac, so my life is gluten-free too). but i have much greater lung capacity now, i don't get tired as easily, and my sense of smell is back. the vape liquid i use is the lowest concentration of nicotine, 1.5mg, and i hope to be down to 0mg by the end of summer.

so yeah, progress!
    2 Weeks Ago - Jun 8, 2016, 1:18 AM - Re: going to quit #32

Great work! you successfully got out the sarlacc !!!
    2 Weeks Ago - Jun 8, 2016, 9:06 AM - Re: going to quit #33

36cbem-jpg

Great news and progress. !!!!!

Quote Mike M. said: View Post
    so... necropost. but i started this thread so it's kind of ok.

here's an update: it only took another four years but i have finally quit smoking about three months ago. a friend of mine turned me on to vaping (not the just little e-cigs), and i was able to get off cigarettes. i'm currently one of those vaping dbags, it's pretty much the gluten-free of smoking (by the way, i discovered i am also celiac, so my life is gluten-free too). but i have much greater lung capacity now, i don't get tired as easily, and my sense of smell is back. the vape liquid i use is the lowest concentration of nicotine, 1.5mg, and i hope to be down to 0mg by the end of summer.

so yeah, progress!
    2 Weeks Ago - Jun 8, 2016, 11:02 AM - Re: going to quit #34

Good work dude. I still get the urge every once in a while but don't really miss it.
    2 Weeks Ago - Jun 8, 2016, 2:06 PM - Re: going to quit #35

Even if you fail, Never quit trying to quit. You'll eventually get there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 Weeks Ago - Jun 8, 2016, 9:32 PM - Re: going to quit #36

Mike you can do it brother. I quit tobacco all together Dec 26, 2011. Stopped cold turkey. You've got to train your brain to link more positive feelings to quitting and WAY more negative stuff to not. Research what cancerous lungs look like, think about setting a good example for kids (yours or nephews/nieces), reward yourself with a new toy/project/whatever with the money you save from buying smokes. I chewed gum not nicotine kind, but big red. Exercise when you have the urge. I got faith in you. Now just do it!
    2 Weeks Ago - Jun 9, 2016, 6:22 PM - Re: going to quit #37

Formerly St Nasty ? I have been gone for too long! All the best to you brother! My addiction has been Dr.Pepper and chocolate chunk cookies! LOL! I remember you and I were big fans a board member by the name of The Sniffer!
  14. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    2 Weeks Ago - Jun 9, 2016, 8:00 PM - Re: going to quit #38

I think I had my screen name swited 2-3 years ago. And I miss The Sniffer too, but he's been banned for many years. How have you been doing?
    1 Week Ago - Jun 13, 2016, 10:39 AM - Re: going to quit #39

I am doing good in Atlanta. Re married with a step son. Took a huge break from costuming. Almost 4 years! And that includes the 501st. Yet recently I gathered the armor and did a birthday party event for a kid with a terminal illness with the 501st. 1st time suiting up in almost 4 years! I just like to say that there are lots of new faces here that I don't recognize (and I am glad they are here)

It's good to see familiar folks like you from back in the day! Also . . .had you not placed the caption "Formerly St. Nasty" I would not have known that was you! Heck! Our history goes back over 10 years on this board and that is a long time for online forum standards! LOL! Do you still DJ at that establishment? (Trying to be PG rated here)

How the heck are you ? ? ?

Oh yes . . . saw some familiar faces still posting . . . aka . . . Superjedi.
  16. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    1 Week Ago - Jun 14, 2016, 2:58 AM - Re: going to quit #40

Good to hear you getting back into the costume game! You're right, it will be 10 years for me on TDH in November. I've been here a looooong time, lol. The "formerly" line on my screen name was Art's idea when I asked him to change the name. I don't work at the club any more, but I'm still a DJ. I do bars, nightclubs, and weddings now and that's finally really taking off. Overall I'm doing pretty well, I think.
  17. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    1 Week Ago - Jun 15, 2016, 1:14 PM - Re: going to quit #41

Good for you, dude! You can do it. I quit cold turkey in 2008. It was tough. I had tried several times before. Had all the normal triggers: before/after meals, getting in a car, etc. I often just went and sat outside for 5 minutes at random.

One thing that helped me a lot was to print a list of the reasons I wanted to quit. Some were serious, but most were practical or even funny. Anyway, I put those things everywhere. Fridge, counters, mirrors, walls, etc. Even when I knew the list by memory, it was helpful to see that over and over again.

Come to terms with the fact that you will never totally be over it. At least I'm not. I still crave one every now and then, but after those first couple weeks, it only gets easier. You got this.
    1 Week Ago - Jun 15, 2016, 1:49 PM - Re: going to quit #42

That's awesome to hear Mike....... it's not an easy thing to beat....
  19. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    4 Days Ago - Jun 21, 2016, 12:08 AM - Re: going to quit #43

That's awesome to hear! I have just started my journey into the nonsmoking world. I'm giving this vape thing a try, so far so good. On the plus side, the money I save not smoking can go right back into my Fett lol.
    4 Days Ago - Jun 21, 2016, 5:51 AM - Re: going to quit #44

Well done buddy. Have you tried hypnotherapy to address the triggers? I am a hypnotherapist and assure you it works. As you have already done the most important part (ie to stop) then you are already very motivated. I believe you would respond really well to hypno

once again though, well done
    4 Days Ago - Jun 21, 2016, 6:35 AM - Re: going to quit #45

Best of luck ! You can do it ! your lungs will thank you ! Keep it up !!!!