Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 8, 2009, 1:31 AM - GI Joe #1

I just got back from GI Joe. I liked it alot. It was much better than I anticipated it would be. Lots of action and excitement. Will it change your life? No, but it was pretty darn entertaining and fun to watch.
  2. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Aug 8, 2009, 1:44 AM - Re: GI Joe #2

Just tell me the Snake Eyes / Storm Shadow fights are epic... that is all I want to hear....
    Aug 8, 2009, 1:50 AM - Re: GI Joe #3

Alright Art, They were epic! The fights were great IMHO.
    Aug 8, 2009, 6:37 AM - Re: GI Joe #4

The movie is great, i saw it yesterday. The Snake eyes and the Stormshadow keep the balance in the movie, like ying and yang.
    A lot action, the girls ah..
    For sure it should be a second part but that depends of how much this movie made.
    There were a couple ccg special effects not very 100% good, but just a few.
    For me The best story of character and acting in the movie was Baroness.
    She was perfect.
    Aug 8, 2009, 10:01 AM - Re: GI Joe #5

Ray Park A+ The rest of the movie C- and if my high school math is correct averages to a B not too shabby
    Aug 8, 2009, 10:45 AM - Re: GI Joe #6

loved it....Snake and Storm were AWESOME!!
    Aug 8, 2009, 10:50 AM - Re: GI Joe #7

I agree Maulfett, Baroness stole the show. She was stunning! And remember, Knowing is half the battle.
    Aug 8, 2009, 12:13 PM - Re: GI Joe #8

I'm going today. Can't wait!
    Aug 8, 2009, 6:05 PM - Re: GI Joe #9

I think the Venture Bros. episode were they had the Gi JOE intro is going to be better...the movie just looks like a campy iron man rip off. kinda disappointed. luckily i'm stuck on a boat for a few more months and will only be able to watch this on dvd
    Aug 8, 2009, 8:22 PM - Re: GI Joe #10

Only one reason to go watch....Snake Eyes!!!

Duke's "ghetto dialect" at the begin of the movie bugged me, but the rest of the movie was very entertaining. Opening day attendance at our local theater was low, so I'm interested in seeing how it fares after the weekend. I think it could have been hyped better to build interest and anticipation.

We'll probably go see it a second time.
    Aug 8, 2009, 8:40 PM - Re: GI Joe #11

Ray Park is in there???
  12. Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Aug 8, 2009, 8:44 PM - Re: GI Joe #12

Quote Fractal-Fett said: View Post
    Ray Park is in there???

Yes he plays Snake Eyes...
    Aug 8, 2009, 8:44 PM - Re: GI Joe #13

Su-WEET!!!
  14. Aug 8, 2009, 9:25 PM - Re: GI Joe #14

Snake Eyes was perfectly protrayed by Ray Park and I eagerly awaited for every scene where he'd be shown! Nice to see a character that's played by Park that's not killed off! Although some of the dialogue, especially from Waynes and his general character anoyed me the most! I also didn't really care for Tatum as Duke either, he didn't really come off as the leader of the unit and seemed to be just kind of there as a place holder! All in all I was pretty entertained just as I was when seeing TF2 and thought that the Destro backstory was interesting as well as how Cobra Commander came to be.
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Aug 8, 2009, 10:04 PM - Re: GI Joe #15

I agree the movie was great, it wasn't very much the way I remembered the cartoons from my childhood memories but indeed a great movie , snake eyes was awesome. I loved the fact that the movie was packed with action from the very start to the very end. Most of all Cobra commander turned out to be an awesome character , I really liked him.
    Aug 9, 2009, 1:04 AM - Re: GI Joe #16

I saw it last night. Loved it. I think I'm gonna make a Scarlett costume.
    Aug 9, 2009, 1:26 AM - Re: GI Joe #17

Saw i yesterday and I liked it a lot. Pretty decent storyline. Action and fighting from start to finish, which I liked because otherwise it might have sucked if you had to wait for them to finally face each other at the end. Wasn't a big fan of Scarlett in the cartoon, but a fan in the movie. Same with the Baroness.

Only thing I thought they could have done better with was Cobra Commander's mask at the end

Quote DeepCFett said: View Post
    the movie just looks like a campy iron man rip off. kinda disappointed. luckily i'm stuck on a boat for a few more months and will only be able to watch this on dvd
    that's what I expected too since the previews make it look that way, but fortunately those suits are used for one scene in the movie and NOT throughout.
  18. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2009, 3:52 AM - Re: GI Joe #18

I went in to TF2 with extremely low expectations and was pleasently surprised to see my childhood brought to life in a number of the fight scenes. I went in to GI Joe with similarly low expectations but with a glimmer of hope to again be surprised by seeing my childhood brought to life.... and I wanted so badly to like this movie... but man was it ever bad... and I just can't make any justifications or excuses to make it better. I think there was about 1.5 mins worth of movie (the last fight between SE and SS) that I considered good. The rest? One giant cluster...

To me this movie didn't really know what it wanted to be. I believe if I were still 10 years old I would have been blown away... but I really feel like a lot of the action and graphic violence (as well as the language) was a bit much for a young child... but while there were adult themes, the plot and a lot of the wiley coyote catoonish action made it utterly impossible to take any of it seriously. I wish they would have gone one way or the other, either be an adult action film, or be a kids cartoon... but flipping back and forth and not commiting one way or the other was really annoying.

I did think it was funny to see both Brendan Fraiser and "Beni" from the Mummy in the movie...

I am really bummed because I want to make a Storm Shadow costume and am now a little less excited about it because the movie was just so aweful... although Storm Shadow was pretty cool. I couldn't even really like snake eyes, because that stupid rubber suit was so distracting and the cinematography for Snake Eyes action scenes ... well... for ALL the action scenes was just horrible.

I feel like I need to apologize for not being entertained as many of you were, but to me... it was 99% junk...
  19. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2009, 2:42 PM - Re: GI Joe #19

I saw Funny People the other day... : P haven't see GI Joe yet though. Probably won't, as Art said, I just expect it to be really bad. The previews even looked bad.
  20. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Aug 9, 2009, 2:45 PM - Re: GI Joe #20

Going to see it for the second time.... maybe I'll like it this time.

Right now I'm just..."Ehh"

Still love the Snake Eyes costume.
    Aug 9, 2009, 2:53 PM - Re: GI Joe #21

My son and I saw it again last night and we still enjoyed the experience. My favorite scene is still Snake Eyes' first appearance. Yes it could have been done better and they could have casted some of the main Joe roles better. But in the end it was still entertaining and humorous...and all without stooping to the the crude/vulgar lows TF2 did.
  22. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Aug 9, 2009, 3:01 PM - Re: GI Joe #22

Well now I have to agree that I really apppreciated the lack of sexual or bodily fuction jokes in GI Joe... and you know.. I think if I was going with a young kid, I might enjoy it more through them, because I know I would have LOVED it as a kid. Cruzer did you feel like any of it was a bit too graphically violent for a kid? I thought some of the scenes were just a big jarring compared to the overall movie.
    Aug 9, 2009, 4:10 PM - Re: GI Joe #23

I didn't think anything was bad for my 12 year old, but we also enjoy movies like the LOTRs, Gladiator, and various martial arts movies together. Plus we go and see pretty much every comic book based movie. So he's been exposed to quite a bit with the exception of blood and gore slasher type movies that we don't care for. Personally I feel they did a really good job of keeping it appropriate for younger viewers. TF2 was entertaining but also dissapointing for parents like mysef who wanted to expose their children to a cool Transformers movie...but not all of the sexual/vulgur stuff.

Now that you mention it, I think I can enjoy G.I. Joe more because I am watching it with my son. I hear him laughing, we look at each other in nodding confirmation during the cool parts, and can sit back and enjoy the movie as clean big-kid/adult appropriate entertainment.
    Aug 9, 2009, 4:47 PM - Re: GI Joe #24

I've seen it with my GF and with a goup of friends '9 to be exact' on opening night. I got to say we had a great time. The movie was good not Fantastic but good. Not sure I would see it again though. I'll probably wait till it arrives and released on DVD. I just wished there were a bit more action. Favorite character is Snake Eyes. I liked how they showed his history background.
  25. Aug 9, 2009, 6:20 PM - Re: GI Joe #25

good movie . the guy that played duke , his acting is good in teen movies not in this one, the baroness and snake eyes tottally makeit worth seeing oh and that scarlet fake *** bike shase totally unesessary.didnt the baroness have on accent?