Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 1, 2008, 11:28 PM - the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #1

Well, after some time in production limbo, my belt is finally done. Tomorrow evening will be hte first run of my complete jedi. Sometime either tomorrow afternoon or tuesday I'll suit up for my application pics
    now, the piece I'm rambling about

Yea, I just threw it on over my clothes, but I'll wear it properly tomorrow

the gentleman in hte mirror is the maker of the belt. he did very well, I think.
    What does everyone else think?
  2. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Aug 1, 2008, 11:36 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #2

Nice VeggieTales Videos

and nice belt too
    Aug 1, 2008, 11:39 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #3

that's a cool design. custom, but still has the SW flavor.
    Aug 2, 2008, 12:01 AM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #4

The next belt will lean towards the sith half of my character... it will be black/red instead of brown/black and the studs holding this one together will be replaced with spikes... Definately a sith-like variation

and thank you for the compliment on the veggietales. I grew up with them and my friend's li'l bro loves them.
  5. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Aug 2, 2008, 1:25 AM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #5

Hey man, for a custom jedi, that is looking good. I really like the belt you have. Sure beats my, leather one pouch thingamajig belt haha.
    Aug 2, 2008, 4:29 AM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #6

Looks great but I would get taller boots.
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Aug 2, 2008, 4:47 AM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #7

I would also recommend taller boots.
    Aug 2, 2008, 9:52 AM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #8

Thats one of the first things I was going to ask you about; the man in the mirror,lol. I realy like it though. I think it proboly could of stood to mabey been about an inch or two larger though. It does look very nice though, how much was it for him to make it?
    Aug 2, 2008, 10:03 AM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #9

I love how people can pic out things in photos that are so random..... I am in agreement with everyone else... that belt kicks butt!! what does your custom saber look like?
  10. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Aug 2, 2008, 11:52 AM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #10

Quote Zurath Kodul said: View Post

and thank you for the compliment on the veggietales. I grew up with them
    my kids grew up with them too
    Aug 2, 2008, 12:09 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #11

the saber varies on the event.. tonight I'm using it in an AOTC Anakin configuration, but it's usually black/silver. I'm using the Master Replica "build-your-own" kit.

all the legion says is "boots taller than the ankle" and these come up to mid-shin on me.
    I need to bring the pants in a bit so they won't balloon as much as they are, but that will be done later.

After the event I'll post up pics of the full suit and my saber.... I also have a hand-made padawan braid.. I'm goign to try to be registered as that in RL until I hit 21...
  12. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Aug 2, 2008, 12:42 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #12

The belt is very cool.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that taller boots would give you a taller, leaner look. Just something to think about if you ever do some upgrading.
    Aug 2, 2008, 1:04 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #13

taller boots is on the list, but the only way I can pull it off anytime soon is with my batboot facades.
    Aug 2, 2008, 1:08 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #14

I thought about getting one of those FX Build Your Own kits, do you like it much? I've seen some vastly varrying prices to boot. $70-$200.
    Aug 2, 2008, 1:19 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #15

I personally like it. Not as great as standard FX sabers, but it's not bad. Has a single LED in the hilt to light the whole blade... it's bright at night, but compared to a regular saber, it's pretty dim.

this is what my saber first started as:

it's since changed to have the emitter and switch in this pic:

more pics:

If you can find one for $60 or less, get it. I paid $60 for mine and I can't really complain, as it can be costumized to an extent and you can change the color from red, green, and blue, as you can see int he close-up of the hilt.
    Aug 2, 2008, 3:42 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #16

Here's some good looking Jedi boots for $60. Not bad at all.

http://www.intimatewholesalers.com/pls-walker-130.html

Wes
    Aug 3, 2008, 3:07 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #17

Aye, they're not bad, but for $60, I can't justify it. I paid $3 for mine at a thrift store :

Here's a pic of the jedi bvefore the event.. we forgot to get one while we were out and about.. too much going on:

I know I should've taken the glasses off, but I kinda spaced on it.

it's hard to tell, but I do have a padawan braid and I'm wearing a cheater undertunic... I didn'td want to go all out with the full one due to the heat.

I hvae to watch how I put the rob on next time, as I kinda got it lop-sided and it looks wierd A one-time thing, I assure you all.

and for anyone wondering, my saber reflects the "twilight jedi" thing, as well:
    Aug 6, 2008, 2:47 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #18

Application is away!!!

Here are the pics I sent in:

wish me luck
    Aug 6, 2008, 2:53 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #19

Nice job man, the 4th pic and the last pic are great! Good luck, hope you get it!

G-Fett
  20. Aug 6, 2008, 2:58 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #20

Quote Zurath Kodul said: View Post
    Application is away!!!

wish me luck
    Good luck
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Aug 6, 2008, 3:42 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #21

Good luck. The suit definitely looks its best with the tall boots and all the layers on with robe, obi, tunic, under tunic.
    Aug 6, 2008, 6:19 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #22

"Let's put a smile on that face!"

But seriously, it looks great! Excellent work!
    Aug 6, 2008, 6:33 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #23

I agree, the 4th and last two pictures are deffintly my favorite!
    Aug 6, 2008, 10:19 PM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #24

Thanks, guys. If they turn me down, I'll be surprised. I meet every formal requirement for New Republic/Rebel Legion Jedi.
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Aug 7, 2008, 2:06 AM - Re: the final piece of my jedi has come into place... #25

Personally, I think that you need new boots. The vinyl legs probably won't pass their standards.