Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    May 30, 2007, 12:53 AM - Re: The fett in person #76

Even, Spidey, and Darth Miller; I really do appreciate all of the pictures that you guys took of the SE suit, but I was extremely disappointed seeing it in person.

I don't know, I only looked at the suit for about 12 seconds and realised that members on the board have suits 100000% better than the original. Accuracy isn't really a problem anymore, I think it's the LFL archives who need to scope us out for accuracy and how to take care of their freakin' costumes. The thing was broken, gauntlets busted open, etc. I really didn't care.
    May 30, 2007, 12:57 AM - Re: The fett in person #77

i dunno... that's like saying that the Colosseum isn't worth studying since it's half fallen over.

even though the original is battered and falling apart, it's the still thing we're all[*] trying to copy

[*] at least all the rotj folks!
  3. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    May 30, 2007, 1:00 AM - Re: The fett in person #78

Quote tk7602 said: View Post
    now here's my big question... the primer is dry on my latest jet pack. should i hold out on painting until the pics show up (that is, any interesting jet pack shots?)
    Yep, there's some good jet pack info coming up too. Some of the seasoned members here may have seen some of the details before, but there were things I hadn't noticed previously.

4. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    May 30, 2007, 1:01 AM - Re: The fett in person #79

Quote tk7602 said: View Post
    i dunno... that's like saying that the Colosseum isn't worth studying since it's half fallen over.
    That's true, but from a modern City Planner's point of view, if the building is dilapidated and inefficient, it should be removed.
    May 30, 2007, 1:17 AM - Re: The fett in person #80

Holy... Holy...

Wow.

Even though I'm going custom with mine, I still would like to be included in the hi-res pic list if a CD is put out.
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    May 30, 2007, 1:21 AM - Re: The fett in person #81

I'm sorry guys, I'm just a little irritated because I get home to get yelled at by my parents for blah blah after a long trip, I lost my camera, and you guys don't want to here me whining.

I just feel the Fett suit wasn't at all taken care of after the films, especially the helmet that SE wears, it should have been taken care of much better.
    May 30, 2007, 1:30 AM - Re: The fett in person #82

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    I just feel the Fett suit wasn't at all taken care of after the films, especially the helmet that SE wears, it should have been taken care of much better.
    The "SE" helmet was used by stuntmen during the filming of the ROTJ Sarlacc scenes. As with pretty much ALL movie stunt gear, they probably don't really care a whole lot about if they damage it or not, as long as it holds up for the shoot. They never imagined a society of crazed Fett fanatics (aka: TDH ) would care about matching up particular lines and scratches 20 years later on certain "old costume parts" (in hollywood thinking).
    May 30, 2007, 3:13 AM - Re: The fett in person #83

Some more photos to keep you all drooling... first, a little birdie told me to post two shots of the skull... per request. (these are again just sections of the larger images, and shrunk down slightly so they don't take forever to load)

Anyone have any idea what this is? It was under the left (Fett's left) chest piece. Someone thought it might be a electricity router.

9. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    May 30, 2007, 3:18 AM - Re: The fett in person #84

Great pics Britt!

Any idea what that clip thing is under the armour? Perhaps that silver clip thing is what held armour on, but I can't think of any other reason for it to be there.
    May 30, 2007, 3:18 AM - Re: The fett in person #85

Here's the circuit board and switch mentioned in the very first post. This is in the helmet on the back right (Fett's right) side.

May 30, 2007, 3:20 AM - Re: The fett in person #86

And one more, this time of the raised section of the chest armor.

May 30, 2007, 3:24 AM - Re: The fett in person #87

Okay, I lied... one more. Did anyone notice this? Appears to be some sort of brass or copper looking bar that may go down the seam of the jet pack?

May 30, 2007, 9:16 AM - Re: The fett in person #88

that bar on the jet pack makes me think of corner bead in drywall... metal edging that goes on outside corners, since if it was just plaster, it would crack super easily.
  14. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    May 30, 2007, 9:42 AM - Re: The fett in person #89

Quote boba_fetts said: View Post
    Okay, I lied... one more. Did anyone notice this? Appears to be some sort of brass or copper looking bar that may go down the seam of the jet pack?

GREAT STUFF BRITT!!:thumbup....

I noticed that wire on the first day, if you have any good shots of the other side, It's on both sides.......not sure what it is though...???
    I will say that it's on the same Pack as the Publicity ROTJ shot jet pack...I'll post a compare pic tonight..

and Last night Me, Evan4218, and Darthmiller all got together with Braks on the phone......we should be done viewing all the photos by this weekend , then we can send eveything we have to Braks....even the "special" shots.

Again AWESOME STUFF!!

*and just a side note, all of these images look even better in HD viewing..
    Last edited by Spideyfett; May 30, 2007 at 9:55 AM.
    May 30, 2007, 10:15 AM - Re: The fett in person #90

Man, no black scuff on the shoulder bell, well guess my costume is now mostly AOSW with MOM gauntlets and shoulder bells. Can't wait to see these pics. Really hoping for some good backplate pics, maybe under the cape?!?!
    May 30, 2007, 11:16 AM - Re: The fett in person #91

That edging on the jet pack looks almost like a long hinge. Bizarre.

As for the center chest diamond... there's an easy mod for once!
    May 30, 2007, 12:00 PM - Re: The fett in person #92

High res rules!!!!
    May 30, 2007, 2:27 PM - Re: The fett in person #93

This is all soo sweet! I have a request though, did anyone take shots of the vest sleeves? There is some intresting construction there which can barely be seen in some pictures. Like the grommet in the flightsuit sleeve to connect the shoulder armor through the vest and through the flightsuit too maybe? And the fact the the sewn lines on the outside of the vest sleeve fold under to the backside of the sleeve for only about an inch and then there is smooth fabric indicating that the sleeves are made more complexly than most know. Any good pictures of that stuff? I don't need someone to post them, just to confirm or deny they exsist.
  19. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    May 30, 2007, 2:51 PM - Re: The fett in person #94

Quote kbrosseau said: View Post
    This is all soo sweet! I have a request though, did anyone take shots of the vest sleeves? There is some intresting construction there which can barely be seen in some pictures. Like the grommet in the flightsuit sleeve to connect the shoulder armor through the vest and through the flightsuit too maybe? And the fact the the sewn lines on the outside of the vest sleeve fold under to the backside of the sleeve for only about an inch and then there is smooth fabric indicating that the sleeves are made more complexly than most know. Any good pictures of that stuff? I don't need someone to post them, just to confirm or deny they exsist.
    they Exist...
  20. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 30, 2007, 6:52 PM - Re: The fett in person #95

Best photo we have ever seen of the skull sticker! I am sending it to a buddy of mine to make into a vector for any future use!
    May 30, 2007, 7:16 PM - Re: The fett in person #96

I'm glad I haven't painted my shoulders yet or put on the sticker.

Great Stuff!!!! I wish I was there, but this is a great "Consolation prize"
    Last edited by never_ending_fett; May 31, 2007 at 5:58 PM.
  22. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    May 30, 2007, 7:59 PM - Re: The fett in person #97

oops, said it through PM instead

May 30, 2007, 8:39 PM - Re: The fett in person #98

Quote Spideyfett said: View Post
    they Exist...
    :thumbup
  24. I helped at SDCC '08 The Clayster's Avatar
    May 30, 2007, 11:26 PM - Re: The fett in person #99

I wasnt impressed, they didnt take care of the costume, and that is what did it for me.
  25. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    May 31, 2007, 11:46 AM - Re: The fett in person #100

Quote Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    Best photo we have ever seen of the skull sticker! I am sending it to a buddy of mine to make into a vector for any future use!
    Awesome Brak's!

For you non Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator people..."VECTOR" is so that we can all get some 100% accurate CRISP stickers made....amongst other things. ...Awesome!