Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The fett in person

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

Re: The fett in person

It was too funny watching DarthMiller, SpideyFett, and evan4218 bend in all sorts of positions for hours getting these different shots. DarthMiller wasn't satisfied with his camera's pics, so he went out the next day and bought a new one just to get better pics of Fett! These guys have tons of pics they'll share.

Spidey has one that will be just about the most unique to this site ever!

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

yes ...we have a secret SPIDEYFETT pic that is the single greatest pic ever in the history of TDH

it will be posted SOON!!!!

MandalorFett said: View Post
    It was too funny watching DarthMiller, SpideyFett, and evan4218 bend in all sorts of positions for hours getting these different shots. DarthMiller wasn't satisfied with his camera's pics, so he went out the next day and bought a new one just to get better pics of Fett! These guys have tons of pics they'll share.

Spidey has one that will be just about the most unique to this site ever!

Hi all, Just wanted to check in, just got back in from C4.....had a great time!!

Should take some time to sort through all the pictures...

Like everyone else, I was sooooo Happy and Thrilled to see the hero helmet and AOSW Fett face to face with NO GLASS ....
    I think I spent half of my C4 time in the Archives Exhibit.....when I wasn't eating or at the TDH booth me and Mrs. Spidey were in the Exhibit in Awe....seriously.

I have to say the moment I realized it was the ESB AOSW hero Fett , and was face to face with it, I had a tear in my eye......it was soooooo beautiful!!!!

**On Sunday I talked to the Archivist (and gave her a TDH CARD), Unfortunatly she asked not to post her name or post any pics of her, which I did take with her......she was extremely gracious.....
    I mentioned to her that there weren't any photos of the left bantha skull shoulder bell that always seems to be covered by the cape on the AOSW tour......I also mentioned that there has never been any pics "released" that showed the inside of this helmet (well all of it anyway)....needless to say she was only able to accomodate on only one request....
    So today Britt (Boba_Fetts) I think that's who Evan is talking about "501st photographer", and Darthmiller and Evan4218 were able to get pics of the shoulder from my understanding...as she did move back the cape to reveal no black streak, as seen on the MOM ROTJ Fett. **

As Evan4218 already mentioned, they seem to have added a RAISED chest diamond center piece....from viewing the pics, as seen from Braks's pics, it's the same chest diamond from the original AOSW exhibit on the Ref CD, but again they seemed to have added the raised piece....pretty cool stuff.

Now as far as the cape, When talking to the Archivist, she told me that the reason the cape is on backwards is because they tried to put it on correctly this time, But the original connection on the cape was soooo badly damaged and torn that the only way it would stay on was to put it on backwards.....plus they wanted to continue with what has been seen throughout the time this Fett has been on tour....(Which came, most recently from Korea) ...so looks like when ever they show this Fett exhibit, we'll continue to see the "Sharpie Boba fett" name...
    She also mentioned the the only thing that is removed during shipping is the Helmet and Jet Pack ,then everything gets crated....which might explain why its never been changed....she did say she did try to turn it around...again way to damaged..

Again...we have a lot to go through, I will say it's not anything we haven't seen...just minor details that were always under glass....

Will post pics soon..

Alex
    Last edited by Spideyfett; May 30, 2007 at 9:52 AM.

DarthMiller said: View Post
    yes ...we have a secret SPIDEYFETT pic that is the single greatest pic ever in the history of TDH

it will be posted SOON!!!!
    Hello?? Secret?? DUH...
    I can't wait to post that one.....I'll do a separate thread for that one...

Spideyfett said: View Post
    As Evan4218 already mentioned, they seem to have added a RAISED chest diamond center piece....from viewing the pics, as seen from Braks's pics, it's the same chest diamond from the original AOSW exhibit on the Ref CD, but again they seemed to have added the raised piece....pretty cool stuff.

**OOPS, correction.....just looked at the REF Pics ...and on the AOSW the raised piece is there....my bad....
    Although we do have a better pic that does show how raised it really is..

I think it's easy to get AOSW and MOM confused....

AOSW= ESB hero helmet; and ROTJ suit. (or SE version)
    MOM= ROTJ hero helmet; and ROTJ suit.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Spideyfett said: View Post
    **OOPS, correction.....just looked at the REF Pics ...and on the AOSW the raised piece is there....my bad....
    Although we do have a better pic that does show how raised it really is..
    The "better" part is what I am looking forward to! We have had good pics of this suit in the past but with all the guys at C4 that took pics, the better lighting, the lack of glass, and the better photography equipment used, I am betting we are going to see some of the best pics ever and who knows what all we might find! And isn't that what TDH is all about; going from good to great? Thanks for bringing our AoSW/C4 suit ref pics to the next level!

From
    Massachusetts

Thanks for spending so much time with it this weekend guys. I can't wait to see the fruits of your labor! It'll be nice to have highly detailed pics without the glass reflections in the way!

From
    Cordova, TN

Beautiful opportunity and resource...you have now addicted to the blissful addiction of Fett....grrrrr! LOL...thanks guys!

Woooh... You guys are really really lucky... How I wish I could have gone to the c4... jsut to see that boba would worth every € spent there... My bad I couldnt go... (when there is no money... there is no money )...

Now, my only confort is to know that at least... I would be able to see the pics... thanks to all of you guys !!!

For that... THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

and... please..... HURRY UP XDDDD I'm dying to see the pics... and off course, in the highest res. please pleasse !!! lol

From
    Michigan

Having seen the M.O.M. exhibit multiple times and then the excellent reference CDs from Braks of that exhibit, it's exciting to see a bunch of your guys got to take pics without the glass barrier that can normally cause reflections. I bow to you guys for your efforts in sharing another piece of the Boba Fett puzzle with the rest of us. :thumbup

This is a set of pics I'm in on getting !!!

~ Thanks in advance you prop maniacs -

Glad you didn"t get yourselves "pinched" in the process... 8)

Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    The "better" part is what I am looking forward to! We have had good pics of this suit in the past but with all the guys at C4 that took pics, the better lighting, the lack of glass, and the better photography equipment used, I am betting we are going to see some of the best pics ever and who knows what all we might find! And isn't that what TDH is all about; going from good to great? Thanks for bringing our AoSW/C4 suit ref pics to the next level!
    Yea I think the lack of glass allows everyone to see the true colors..which is what I was most interested in.
    And Trust me, as Lee (R.S) and others have mentioned, the colors are WAY darker than what we all might think....

I think over all Britt (boba_fetts) will have the best pictures, as he had the best camera...(12 mea pixel with zoom lens)

Tambo Fett had a buddy on Friday that also will be sharing his photos, he had a 10 mega pixel camera....Thanks Tambo:thumbup

So looks like we will have unlimited resources when it comes to this exhibit..not to mention the VIDEO Mandalorfett took...

Thanks....will post pics later today! I promise.

From
    Clarksville, TN

We have a ton of 12 mega pixel shots that are going to blow you guys away. I will try to get them up after AdventureCon.

From
    Newport News, VA

Will there be a new section added to the TDH reference archive for these new pics?
    A "Celebration 2007" section maybe?
    It might be easier to catalog the pics that way. Can't wait to see 'em!!!

Tambo Fett said: View Post
    We have a ton of 12 mega pixel shots that are going to blow you guys away. I will try to get them up after AdventureCon.
    AWESOME!! Thanks Tambo!:thumbup

From
    Roanoke, TX

To add a little bit to what Spidey got from the Archivest... I was luckey enough to meet with her as well, and asked many of the same questions. A few tid bits she shared with me that SF didnt mention are what they have in the archives that they use for these exhibits.

They have several crates with armor parts from ROTJ and some "Misilanious" peices as well. There are only enough peices to mix and match to make 2 full ROTJ body displays though. The raised part on the diamond is on some of the diamonds they have and missing on others. But there was never a repair. She didnt know why there were veriations on the knee darts with and with out the rings, but she did shed light on the fact that there are also multiple jumpsuits and acording to her the pants and top portion connect in the middle some how... but I have no proof to show how that works nor can I tell from looking at it.

The armor is attached with gromets (that may not be new but who cares) and I think the only chap who did there armor this way was Man Of War.

We did get several great shots of the board in side the helmet that Lee mentioned so I found that interesting. I am sure there are other things but I just cant think of them right now. Either way I feel lucky to have had the chance to talk to the one person whos job it is to keep my favorite costume safe and sound. I think the one pic I wish we had was the one of mine, Spideys, and DMs face when PredatorMV told us the Fett was at the con!

From
    Southern California

Hey guys, that was me (Britt, 501st Photographer) that was shooting. I shot about 4 gigs of 12 megapixel images with a 100-400mm L series zoom lens (which mean I could get super super detail and clarity and very very up close). I'll end up probably sending my photos via DVD to Art or someone who wants to put them up because I have a bazillion of other photos from other groups I have to detail with from C4.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Send em on and I will compile them. Make sure you send the pics from FIDM while you are at it!!!

From
    Southern California

Example shot... this is just a small section of a full size shot of the helmet. Just to give you all an idea of the detail.

Art, I also need to seen the California Science Center BlasTech EE-3 rifle photos.

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

Oh my.

BTW, thanks Britt for shooting the TDH group and all the up close Boba shots.

HOLY DENTS Batman! That is cool!

From
    Los Angeles, CA

From
    downsampling you

Holy ****!

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

Holey Moley!!!!!! If the rest of the pics are like that, then it is gonna be terrific!!! Outstanding!!! THankyou for sharing,
    D

From
    UK

Can't wait to see the detail on the armour... Going to the exhibition in London v.soon and can't wait to take my own pics for reference... As a newbie won't have my Fett outfit ready in time