Fett A.D.D...

From
    Rumford, Maine

Fett A.D.D...

Argh...

Maybe it's just the nature of the hobby/obsession, but do you guys have a hard time focusing one one thing at a time? First, I started working on my RF and stalk, then I got my Fang helmet and started working on that, then I went back to the RF, and right now I'm marking and cutting out parts for the shin tools...

I hope I'm not the only one that can't stick to one task at a time...

From
    ALABAMA!!!!!

Re: Fett A.D.D...

it is hard, i started a whole new costume inbetween waiting for parts.

i totally agree...especially when you hit a "wall" if you will, of something you are not sure of doing...like i have my jp pretty much painted, my snaps on the back of the armor, just a few examples...well, i am afraid ill mess up the weathering on the jp, and that i wont get the snaps lined up right on the vest...so i move on to the next thing...

From
    Dune Sea aka. Arizona

Ahhh... that's what it is. I knew it had to be something!

From
    Australia

I'm the same but it works! I think things actually run smoother, don't you?

From
    Rumford, Maine

BH Reaper said: View Post
    I'm the same but it works! I think things actually run smoother, don't you?
    Depends on your definition of smoother

Smoother to me is all things falling into place without moderate to major work involved...

Example, I was starting to scratch an RF lens out of clear CD cases, but in the long run, it's proving to be more taxing than to just buy a clear plexi or lucite one (if I can find one)...

Then, I moved onto the stalk... I got a piece of 3/16 hollow styrene tube, stared to cut, measure, cut, screw up, start over, buy nylon washers, start cutting and measuring again, when I could save time and buy a hollow BM one...

Got Fang's cool bucket a week or so ago and started cutting out the visor and keyslots, and trying to clean up the booboo's resultant from his youngun peeking too soon...

so I moved on to the shin tools... I used WOF's excellent plans, started cutting out styrene sheets to layer together for the shin tools, the point where I'm at now...

From the beginning, I figured I'd start one part and finish it, go to the next and finish it, and yada, yada, yada, yeno?

And, I really wish I knew how to cast stuff... the shin tools I'm doing are coming out pretty dang well for scratchbuilt if I do say so meself...