% Fett

From
    Recently relocated to the Hoth-like Minnesota

% Fett

With all of the signatures out there that display their progress % of the Fett that they are building, I decided to try and calculate where I was at. Now I have seen some interesting numbers like 78%. If you come up with that you must have a pretty accurate scale/formula that you use?
    I am curious how everyone comes up with there % or if there is a formula floating around?

From
    Solingen, Germany

Re: % Fett

I noticed it too, but is the % in this case really based on a calculatable scale?..I thought it was just an estimated value

From
    Michigan

My Fett was done before people started putting those % signs under their posts, so I have no clue what that's all about.

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

It's not really that accurate, but for me its just a basic representation of where I am at, and how much more I have to go.

987654321a said: View Post
    It's not really that accurate, but for me its just a basic representation of where I am at, and how much more I have to go.
    Pretty much. My scratchbuild is at the point where people looking at it will be able to easily recognize me as Jango, but I'm still missing a jet pack, gauntlets, an upgrade to snaps, a better vest and helmet; none absolutely 100% essential (like the chest armor is) in my mind, but a benchmark of where I am-exactly as 987654321a said.

As long as it's obvious who I am, and I'm having fun, it's not that big a deal to me that I don't have high-end gear, so I suppose that the % is a measure of "I'll be satisfied with it if I do X things."

...for a few minutes

From
    Montreal, Canada

Umm, and here I was thinking my Fett was complete... and then, there is something to upgrade.

The only way to be 100% complete is either, you buy the real deal complete suit or you have DECIDED that you have had enough and it is now complete at 100%...

Mine will always be at 96%... :

From
    Solingen, Germany

If I had to decide I agreed with Simon Fett...it's done when you think it is...so there's actually no scale to measure with

From
    Germany

Just a quick conclusion: One never reaches 100% because there will always be things to be sortet out and replaced by even more accurate parts.

So anybody at around 98-99% should be very happy! *lol*

And the fact that you will never reach the 100% is the most thrilling thing when working on a boba or Jango costume ... or better said: Thatīs for almost all costumes around.

just my 2c ...

Cheers,

Manuel

From
    Recently relocated to the Hoth-like Minnesota

Thanks for all the comments. I think what I really was going for is that it is funny that people will have odd numbers; ie...39, 72. anything more exact than 25, 60, or 85 just made me wonder how they came to that exact of a number.

From
    Germany

Thatīs caused by experience! *lol*

The longer you work on your boba/jango, the more you know how much % each part is taking compared to the whole costume. ;-)

I think alot of people are just BS'ing when they put 78.2%, 63%, ect. Or the person may actually think they are 43% complete but more than likely there not right in the .....

From
    Montreal, Canada

Anyways, with a Fett costume, you take 1 step forward and 2 backwards!!

**** costume is way too long to make!! And to think I am still mistaken with a robotic turtle...

Uhm.. I actually made an excel spreadsheet with weighted percents for each component and the steps involved to finish it out..

Yeah.. I'm a little geeky.

That's why I have "odd" numbers.

From
    Glendale, Arizona

I did rough calculations on how much work each piece would require and used that to find my percentage...

Nyx Mandalore said: View Post
    Uhm.. I actually made an excel spreadsheet with weighted percents for each component and the steps involved to finish it out..

Yeah.. I'm a little geeky.

That's why I have "odd" numbers.
    I wish I had time like that

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Keep in mind that it is impossible for your costume to surpass 99%.