Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 13, 2008, 7:58 PM - Favorite Star Wars novels? #1

Hi there fellow Fett friends and fiends! I've just finished reading Bloodlines by Karen Traviss. Awesome book! Her other novel, Hard Contact, was really impressive as well.

Any other suggested Star Wars novels?

I'm also looking for suggestions on Star Wars books suitable for school kids.

As always, thanks everyone for your input.
    Jun 13, 2008, 8:31 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #2

tales of the bounty hunters. it has seperate stories for every bounty hunter and it is awesome!!! here is a pic of the cover..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Talesofthebountyhunters.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	25191  
    Jun 13, 2008, 8:36 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #3

I'm reading the Bounty Hunter Wars right now. It's a 3 book series that starts when Dengar finds Fett on Tatooine. It's pretty good, the first book is called Mandalorian Armor. It's awesome if you haven't read it yet. I'm not a big fan of reading at all but this series and Lord of the Rings are my favorite

El1te
    Jun 13, 2008, 8:45 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #4

Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Definitely. I always thought 'The Last One Standing' would make a great fan film.
    Jun 13, 2008, 8:45 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #5

My favorite EU novel is still Splinter of the Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster.
    I read it when it first came out and it stands out in my mind as one of those stories I could totally picture as a movie as I was reading it. Highly recommended!

For kids, there's a whole series of "Young Jedi Knight" novels that came out several years ago.
    Jun 13, 2008, 9:01 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #6

Triple Zero by Karen Traviss
    True Colors by Karen Traviss
    Medstar I: Battle Surgeons by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry
    Medstar II: Jedi Healear by Micahel Reaves and Steve Perry
    Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno
    Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno

For Kids ... yeah the whole Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, Last of the Jedi, etc. series all by Jude Watson are surprisingly readable.
    Jun 13, 2008, 9:17 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #7

tales of the bounty hunters
  8. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Jun 13, 2008, 11:32 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #8

any thing with fett in it
    Jun 13, 2008, 11:39 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #9

Well. I am on a personal mission to read (and own) all the Star Wars Novels, not the childrens books. I have all the New Jedi Order, Dark Nest, Legacy of the FOrce, as well as a variety of others. My total right now is 55. If you want a good read, read the Darth Bane books. They are unbelievably good. They never mention any of the heroes/villians that we know and love, but they are great.
    Jun 13, 2008, 11:42 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #10

I finished Darksaber a couple years ago. it was a decent story. I also finally finished Jedi Trial a couple months ago. All they did in the story was just discuss tactics However, You could try the Thrawn Trilogy. I have not read them myself, yet I hear they're pretty good.
    Jun 13, 2008, 11:59 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #11

Quote InfraFett said: View Post
    I finished Darksaber a couple years ago. it was a decent story. I also finally finished Jedi Trial a couple months ago. All they did in the story was just discuss tactics However, You could try the Thrawn Trilogy. I have not read them myself, yet I hear they're pretty good.
    I really liked Darksaber. First one I ever read. The Thrawn Trilogy was excellent. If you read them read Outbound Flight right after. It fills in some of the holes.
    Jun 14, 2008, 12:09 AM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #12

the entire legacy of the force series (that bloodlines is part of) is really good.
    Jun 14, 2008, 12:50 AM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #13

I cant believe how many people haven't listened to the ORIGINAL TRILOGY RADIO DRAMAS. they have alot of back story to them (Fixxer, Biggs, Lord Tyan) now those were a work of art! ive probably heard them over 100 times!!! no lie...
    Jun 14, 2008, 1:25 AM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #14

I read only books that take place before Return of the Jedi (RotJ novelization was the first Star Wars book I read)
    Jun 14, 2008, 1:50 AM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #15

Any thing with Karen Traviss. She treats all Mandos the same Male and Female
    Jun 14, 2008, 2:42 AM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #16

i used to be gluttonous when it came to star wars reading, but eventually it got to the point where i read one too many bad star wars books (somewhere in between reading darksaber, the crystal star, and gawd-awful children of the jedi) that i made the conscious decision that there was only going to be one star wars author that i was going to read from that point on; Timothy Zahn. on a personal level, i accept his books as canon, despite the discrepencies that the Lucas has created with his prequels. so yes, good books to read: the thrawn trilogy (heir to the empire, dark force rising, the last command); the hand of thrawn (spectre of the past, visions of the future); survivor's quest; and outbound flight. i havn't read allegiance yet, but the other books all tie together, it was the kind of story that George wanted to tell; the kind that takes place over the course of decades before full resolution comes about. i'd reccommend them for children 10 and up, but take into account that i had a voracious appetite for reading when i was young and could read at a college sophomore level in 8th grade.
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 Hagen_Nor'ak's Avatar
    Jun 14, 2008, 2:01 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #17

Anything by Karen Traviss or Timothy Zahn is always a good read. Oh and Saint you have to read Allegiance, it fits in nicely between ANH and ESB.
    Jun 14, 2008, 5:19 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #18

I have read almost all the novels in sequential order starting with the han solo trilogy and i just finished the newest novel INVINCIBLE. absolutely awesome! A lot of FETT!
  19. Member Since
    May 2006
    Jun 14, 2008, 6:25 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #19

Allegiance was really good along with Tatooine Ghost. Definately Tales of the Bounty Hunters and the Boba Fett series of books for kids which I thought was pretty good. They start basically right before the the episode 2 arena scene and go on through him starting to work for Jabba the Hutt. Aurra Sing was a big part of the first couple of books
  20. formerly LOPERO Scoutleader's Avatar
    Jul 31, 2008, 10:27 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #20

I have recently goten back into reading the SW books.About three weeks I got done reading the X-Wing series,which was a good one to get back into the swing of reading SW EU stories.
    This weekend I got "Dark Lord:the Rise of Darth Vader" and I could not put it down,a three day read.I strongly recommend this book.It gives great insight into Vader between 3 and 4 and some surprise characters.
    Monday I got "The Mandalorian Armor" and I am almost done with it,another great read.Now that I am almost done I am trying to find "Slave Ship".
    Has anyone read the "Han Solo Trilogy"?Is it worth getting??
    Aug 1, 2008, 12:57 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #21

the republic commando trilogy,thrawn trilogy,and x-wing rogue sqaudron series
  22. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Aug 1, 2008, 1:03 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #22

Bloodlines followed by Sacrifice, then the RC trilogy. Before that, BH wars.

There's also a small e-book Karen did called "Boba Fett: A Practical Man" that you can find in the paperback version of "Sacrifice" thats a really good read though.
    Last edited by NovallTalon; Aug 1, 2008 at 1:46 PM.
    Aug 1, 2008, 1:08 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #23

Shatterpoint

Labrynth of Evil

ROTS Novelization

Heir to the Empire Trilogy

Outbound Flight
  24. Aug 1, 2008, 7:24 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #24

Quote LOPERO said: View Post
    This weekend I got "Dark Lord:the Rise of Darth Vader" and I could not put it down,a three day read.I strongly recommend this book.It gives great insight into Vader between 3 and 4 and some surprise characters.
    Monday I got "The Mandalorian Armor" and I am almost done with it,another great read.Now that I am almost done I am trying to find "Slave Ship".
    Has anyone read the "Han Solo Trilogy"?Is it worth getting??

"Dark Lord" has been the only book I've read so far and it is great!!! I should start getting the Bouty Hunter series if everyone here is recommending them. Thanks!!
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Aug 1, 2008, 7:28 PM - Re: Favorite Star Wars novels? #25

Shadows of the Empire