Subscribe
    Feb 20, 2009, 7:31 AM - Favorite John Williams Theme #1

I know everyone have there favorite theme and I curious.

My favorite themes are the Force Theme and the Ark Theme from Raiders. Just love those. And also Across the stars.

How about you?
  2. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Feb 20, 2009, 7:52 AM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #2

In a career strewn with magical film scores and cues, the love theme from Empire ranks as one of those rarest of rare achievements that happen only once or twice in a composer's lifetime. Yes, the Imperial March from that film is more famous and wildly popular, but the love theme is on another level of genius.
    Feb 20, 2009, 9:43 AM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #3

My favorites?

Star Wars Ending Theme
    Superman Theme
    Imperial March
    Indiana Jones Theme
    Feb 20, 2009, 2:17 PM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #4

Quote Lufo1138 said: View Post
    In a career strewn with magical film scores and cues, the love theme from Empire ranks as one of those rarest of rare achievements that happen only once or twice in a composer's lifetime. Yes, the Imperial March from that film is more famous and wildly popular, but the love theme is on another level of genius.
    What love song is that, I mean, what is it called on the soundtrack. I suspect you are talking about Track 9 Han and the princess
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Feb 20, 2009, 5:07 PM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #5

Quote mobius said: View Post
    What love song is that, I mean, what is it called on the soundtrack. I suspect you are talking about Track 9 Han and the princess
    yes, that is the primary track, certainly its most tender rendition, but the theme is woven into other cues throughout the film and actually dominates other themes as the film progresses through the third and final act. Other tracks where it appears in various different arrangements/permutations: Ice Planet Hoth, the Asteroid Field, Imperial Starfleet Deployed, Betrayal at Bespin, Deal with the Dark Lord, Carbon Freeze/Departure of Boba Fett (these cues are where it is in full bloom - notably underneath the "I love you/I know" dialog and when Slave I takes off), The Clash of Lightsabers (also very strong here during the cue where Leia and Lando escape to the Falcon, sampled below), The Rebel Fleet (the love theme closes the film before the end credits come up), and of course it is reprised for the final 1 1/2 minutes of the end credits. It is one of the primary themes for the film.

Empire's love theme cue in the ESB track "The Clash of Lightsabers":
    http://www.horsesonmars.com/Empire Love theme.mp3 (this theme is all over the last act of the film)

it also makes a couple of very brief appearances in ROTJ

I would also venture that "Across the Stars" the love theme for Ep2, is something of a musical descendant of the Empire love theme.
    Last edited by Lufo1138; Feb 20, 2009 at 8:29 PM.
    Feb 20, 2009, 5:18 PM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #6

One of my favorites has to be "The Throne Room"(?) from the end of Ep. IV, I like it so much that I used it in my wedding as the song for when my wedding party along with my wife and I walked into the reception. Some of my other favorites naturally include the main theme, the Imperial March, the theme to Jurassic Park, Welcome to Jurassic Park, and Hedwig's theme from Harry Potter.
    Feb 20, 2009, 7:44 PM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #7

Gotta love Imperial March and Across the Stars
    Feb 20, 2009, 7:49 PM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #8

ET

Feb 20, 2009, 9:28 PM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #9

mine is the the ROTJ S.E. the new ewok celebration ending theme.... not the old god-awful ewok one
    Feb 20, 2009, 9:36 PM - Re: Favorite John Williams Theme #10

Quote vadr_h8r said: View Post
    mine is the the ROTJ S.E. the new ewok celebration ending theme.... not the old god-awful ewok one
    LOL