Fanboys Movie

Fanboys Movie

Has anyone hear of the movie "Fanboys". Synopsis: Group of Star Wars fans heads to Skywalker Ranch to try to get a sneek peak at Episode 1. It is supposed to open in theatres this weekend but I can't find it anywhere. Just wondering if anyone has heard of it and might know where it is playing in the Chicago area.

From
    so. cal

Re: Fanboys Movie

I've been waiting for this since last year. I hope it plays somewhere close to me. The previews look very funny. I first found out about it when I bought a dvd. It was a trailer on the dvd. I think it was the descent. I was just about to post the same guestion

Account Deactivated

It got bumped back to a March release date

From
    California

On G4TV's ticker tape the other day it stated that parts of it were going to be reshot. Something about changing or removing the Cancer plot. I've been waiting for this one for a while as well.

Account Deactivated

Grifter said: View Post
    On G4TV's ticker tape the other day it stated that parts of it were going to be reshot. Something about changing or removing the Cancer plot. I've been waiting for this one for a while as well.
    Thats correct.
    I'm meeting with Ernest Cline next weekend so I might have some more info to pass on to you guys then.

I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    From
    Fear and Loathing in a Galaxy farther...away...

Some of us from the SCG and SD squad are attending a special screening tonight in Burbank. We are to give our reviews at the end. From what I heard they reshot the movie with two different situations. (Their friend with cancer wants to see the movie making it 'ok' that they break in to Skywalker Ranch) Personally I think it would be ok to break-an-entry into Skywalker Ranch regardless if your friend has cancer or not.

They changed the screening from yesterday to today.

Movie had some great moments. I espeically loved Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes' cameo. OH yeah and all the 'Fetts' that were shown were ESB!
    I think a majority of you all will love this movie. It will be interesting to see it in March, to see how much of the film they changed. Loved the score btw

Shawn's Yoda is now a screen used Yoda Look for it (with feet) toward the end of the film.
    Last edited by Gonzo Fett; Jan 18, 2008 at 3:01 AM.

I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    From
    Fear and Loathing in a Galaxy farther...away...

oh by the by the screening we saw was the one w/out the 'cancer' element.

I think it would have been alot more drama w/ it in there. Personally I think it was a happy go lucky fun movie.
    It doesn't need to go Spielberg on us.

There is a big thread on this in the 501st forum.

Personally, by the sounds of things, it may ruin a good thing if they remove the cancer part of the story. God knows we already have a TON of buddy, buddy movies that basically have the same premise. I hope they stick with the cancer story. In the end, it would make more sense.