Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Jan 9, 2009, 12:19 PM - Re: ESB or ROTJ? #26

Hmmm, check oout these EBAY auction LINKS, they look different and it had me a little confused considering I am still a FIT "Fett in Training". Thanks for the comment GC.

Well, check out these EBAY auctions, they look different and it had me a little confused considering I am still a FIT "Fett in Training"."]Special Edition Auction - check out the large photo on this one.

Artist Proof

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

-Edit - Removed bad URL
    Last edited by Art Andrews; Sep 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Jan 9, 2009, 3:29 PM - Re: ESB or ROTJ? #27

I think you should go with what you feel is best for you, don't listen to others.

Personally I am going ESB simply because I think it is the best movie and also because I like the more uniform look of Fett there. But I have to admit, I do like all the other variants as well but this is because they are more colourful.

Also, it has alot to do with memories for me - so if I should have gone for something else than the ESB it would have to be a version more close to my childhood's Kenner Boba Fett action figure; the Pre-Pro.

There is also one other I really like, and that is the Holiday Special Fett, which is so very rare - but still ultra cool!

In short - living out my childhood, as you can see
    Jan 9, 2009, 3:38 PM - Re: ESB or ROTJ? #28

phx417g said: View Post
    Here's a noob question that fits this Thread pretty close...

Which of these two helmets is closer to ROTJ? (check the links)

1. MR - Special Edition

2. MR - "Artist Proof"

I am going with ROTJ armor myself, but I liked the movie ESB better. However, I am buying a bucket instead of building one (hence my question). Once I get my armor done, I will take the time to build my own Fett bucket.
    Neither bruv... both those are ESB paint jobs... but could work with SE?
    I'm a little confused about your comment about buying a Fett lid then making one? I can only assume you meant 'paint' your own lid?
    Jan 10, 2009, 6:52 AM - Re: ESB or ROTJ? #29

I prefer the ESB Fett for the same reasons that were already pointed out, the colour scheme is better IMO (though I do like the red gauntlets) and in Empire Fett was the man, not a stooge like they turn him into in ROTJ. So I'm going to make my first Fett project an ESB build.
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Jan 10, 2009, 7:18 AM - Re: ESB or ROTJ? #30

ofc the other thing the MR lid - is its pinch needs to be fixed as well prior to troopin
    and depending on wot fits in with ur sensibilities - this can either be a small or big job!

if u are gonna put cash down on a MR - maybe get a nice Fang and get a commissioned paint job?

I actually like the MR paint job, but it is a mix of paint jobs

I like ROTJ - just the colout scheme
    but have always loved the look of the ESB helmet with its cat scratch.
    I am so happy abt ROTJ SE

but my ultimate fett? pre pro-2 - cos it was my fav toy as a kid.
    Jan 10, 2009, 12:07 PM - Re: ESB or ROTJ? #31

I like the level of detail involved with the ESB bucket, but I much rather prefer the ROTJ blaster to the ESB one... it just looks meaner...
  7. 99centTaco is offline 99centTaco
    Jan 10, 2009, 12:49 PM - Re: ESB or ROTJ? #32

I saw Jeremy in the ESB suit last April. Nuff said.