Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
  1. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    Jul 24, 2013, 1:13 AM - Re: ESB HERO copy???? #76

    Quote MonCal said: View Post
    Your message to me:



    You said the same things here in this thread.
    Thanks for proving my point. Your post was petty and ignorant. Not sure what you are trying to prove since we are saying the same thing unless you are hoping to continue to paint yourself as a victim in this mess you have created.

    Quote MonCal said: View Post
    You haven't bothered to back down from making a spectacle now have you?

    Do you admit that you baited me, to bring me into this thread?

    Go ahead, get the last word. I'm done. I still don't get why you are responding this way...but whatever. I have a life to attend to.

    Nothing like a good old fashioned geek flame war to make us all feel young again I must say, this is my first one. It's pretty special.

    O.k.. when would you want to talk?
    I can talk pretty much anytime. Just say the word and I'll send you my number or we can take it to PM, whichever you prefer.

    We can even bring Gino in since he did some of the work directly.
  2. Syper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    901
    Jul 24, 2013, 2:22 PM - Re: ESB HERO copy???? #77

    Pick up the phone already guys.

    Many years ago I was in a rock band that I loved and truly enjoyed, SF area. I spent years practicing and writing songs, I gave everything I had to this project. Long story short, an email got passed around one day and every band member had their own interpretation of what was being said. Next thing I know, I’m out and years later I found out it was all a big misunderstanding.

    When Texting or conversing over Email
    If it’s turning into a big deal, pick up the phone.
    If you detect someone is upset by a comment you made, pick up the phone.
    If they may have misunderstood your meaning, pick up the phone.

    “don’t wake up in a roadside ditch”
  3. Predatormv's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,199
    Jul 24, 2013, 9:28 PM - Re: ESB HERO copy???? #78

    Remember when this thread was about a Fett helmet? Those were the days...
  4. Wes7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    382
    Jul 24, 2013, 10:51 PM - Re: ESB HERO copy???? #79

    Quote Predatormv said: View Post
    Remember when this thread was about a Fett helmet? Those were the days...
    Agreed.
  5. Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,704
    Jul 25, 2013, 1:31 AM - ESB HERO copy???? #80

    I personally cannot wait to get my hands on one of these. It will be the most accurate bucket by far.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
  6. dynamic1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,230
    Jul 26, 2013, 4:04 PM - #81

    Quote Predatormv said: View Post
    Remember when this thread was about a Fett helmet? Those were the days...
    Aaaaa lmao!!!
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
  7. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Jul 26, 2013, 8:37 PM - Re: ESB HERO copy???? #82

    Quote webchief said: View Post
    I personally cannot wait to get my hands on one of these. It will be the most accurate bucket by far.
    This is my all time favorite thread. End all be all... Fett is just about done for me. This is a great way to go out.
    Great work Gino and Art. Don't let anyone fool you, we're are envious... I know I am. Can't wait to paint one.
  8. spacebob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80
    Jul 27, 2013, 8:37 PM - Re: ESB HERO copy???? #83

    How do we start again,
    I will try.
    The last few days made me feel involved in a community and believe me I’m not very social, or vocal, even in person,
    these days.

    Art, with all respect (and I mean that) this is only directed at you because you posed the question... I want to help you “understand this mentality”.
    “We”(you) are prop builders and painters.
    “craft your fandom” wise words, some of the best words I know.

    My first scratch built prop was in 1983, a darth vader chest plate thing, it was cardboard and I was 13. my last scratch build was a battle droid in 2012, and I was 42.

    I guess what I’m trying to say is some of us can’t get that exited about something we can’t cast, or even paint really without devaluing such an expensive object, I for one will never be able to afford to own one.

    Also the harder part I’m sorry.
    As the last day has touched us all we are reminded that sharing important discoveries and research, knowing who put the work into your helmet or project, is what makes this place buzz, and live, I know, you know this, you started it.
    As much as I’d like to get to know the people in china who will make the efx lids, I won’t, or can’t, it just feels to big, like we’re not involved.

    It’s people that’s all.
  9. NikNak_aka's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    546
    Jul 28, 2013, 11:10 PM - Re: ESB HERO copy???? #84

    Art ,Gino any idea if we months away from seeing this retail or years?
  10. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    Jul 29, 2013, 3:17 PM - Re: ESB HERO copy???? #85

    There is nothing at all wrong with that!



    Quote spacebob said: View Post
    How do we start again,
    I will try.
    The last few days made me feel involved in a community and believe me I’m not very social, or vocal, even in person,
    these days.

    Art, with all respect (and I mean that) this is only directed at you because you posed the question... I want to help you “understand this mentality”.
    “We”(you) are prop builders and painters.
    “craft your fandom” wise words, some of the best words I know.

    My first scratch built prop was in 1983, a darth vader chest plate thing, it was cardboard and I was 13. my last scratch build was a battle droid in 2012, and I was 42.

    I guess what I’m trying to say is some of us can’t get that exited about something we can’t cast, or even paint really without devaluing such an expensive object, I for one will never be able to afford to own one.

    Also the harder part I’m sorry.
    As the last day has touched us all we are reminded that sharing important discoveries and research, knowing who put the work into your helmet or project, is what makes this place buzz, and live, I know, you know this, you started it.
    As much as I’d like to get to know the people in china who will make the efx lids, I won’t, or can’t, it just feels to big, like we’re not involved.

    It’s people that’s all.

Similar Threads

  1. ESB Hero Paintup
    By welshwarrior123 in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2013, 4:50 PM
  2. Is this a Mystery Helmet copy?
    By DarthVeach in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 13, 2011, 10:15 PM
  3. GFK Helmet copy ... .. need Help
    By Frank[N]Stein in forum Prop Building Workshop
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 8, 2005, 5:57 PM