Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 24, 2013, 8:40 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #26

Quote Gino said: View Post
    As far as the RF goes, I doubt we will be using the original electronics set up as it's just not practical for a licensed product.
    So I would definitely be open to working with someone who has managed to design an easy and reliable set up that could potentially utilized in a mass production environment.
    I really do not want to start any kind of dispute but I`m just wondering why it shouldn`t be at least sincerely tried to use the original RF set up?
    As you have already stated in your fist post: "What it also means is that EFX can confidently say this replica will be the most accurate Boba Fett ESB helmet replica ever offered.", the goal seems to be to obtain a maximum level of accuracy ... by changing the RF?
    Or is the intention simply to make this helmet look accurate just from the outside?
    Jul 24, 2013, 12:43 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #27

Correct. Generally we do not attempt to replicate the interiors of the replicas.
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 24, 2013, 12:45 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #28

Gino, as far as paint, I know your doing the masters what are you thinking about for you pallet? After seeing the photos and videos...the helmet looks darker then MANY people think based on the AOSW photos and such...
    Jul 24, 2013, 12:51 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #29

Not sure how to answer this but I'm thinking we'll match/custom mix the colors we use to the actual helmet.
  5. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 24, 2013, 12:55 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #30

Does that mean you have access to the helmet still for such things? Will you be able to share the colors you end up using?
    Jul 24, 2013, 1:00 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #31

Quote Gino said: View Post
    Correct. Generally we do not attempt to replicate the interiors of the replicas.
    OK, I see. Thanks for clarifying this point.
    Too bad the plan isn`t to replicate the interior too!
    Jul 24, 2013, 1:03 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #32

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Will you be able to share the colors you end up using?
    It's pretty standard for that kind of information to be proprietary for EFX for obvious reasons.
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 24, 2013, 2:10 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #33

Dont know if you dont ask...are there going to be photos of the helmet released the screen used one that is? with 40 hours of video surely we should be able to get some a new section added to the gallery?
  9. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Jul 28, 2013, 4:22 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #34

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Dont know if you dont ask...
    Good point Fett 4 Real, so in that spirit, here's a question for Gino.

For the stormtrooper armor, does EFX plan to offer some type of display mannequin or frame/support option for display of the assembled armor?

By the way, pretty cool that you guys are replicating the soft parts as well.

I had not seen the full neckseal thing before. Maybe I missed it in photos along the way? ...Man, I love that decades later, there are still fresh discoveries for me about the OT Star Wars films.

Just curious
    Jul 28, 2013, 4:50 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #35

They said they are planning on it coming with some sort of mannequin. They haven't decided what type yet but something.
  11. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 28, 2013, 5:45 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #36

The thread on the RPF goes in to great detail on the TK...I think they talked about the mani over there a bit
    Jul 28, 2013, 7:03 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #37

Amazing. I never thought I would see the day that a cast off THE screen used ESB helmet would be available to the public.

Ready to open my wallet ...
    Jul 28, 2013, 11:02 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #38

I'm super excited about this. I really really just hope we even get a chance at being able to buy one. eFX stuff tends to sell out fast. I'm terrified of ebay scalpers swooping in and driving the price skyward. I really hope we all get the opportunity to buy one. :/
    Jul 29, 2013, 8:27 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #39

Beautiful helmet! I'll have a couple people and a few computers at bay waiting to get a jump on the preorder list
  15. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Aug 15, 2013, 4:44 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #40

Hopefully eFX recognises that there's quite a demand for this and making a few hundred extra helmets won't mean they'll gather dust on a shelf...
    Aug 20, 2013, 2:49 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #41

Hey guys, check out this teaser pic of the Stormtrooper Armor Legend I just posted on the eFX facebook page!
    More pics to come sometime after next week.
    https://www.facebook.com/efxinc

It's a new facebook page so be sure to LIKE IT when you visit.

Also, if you haven't been to my facebook page, here it is also:
    https://www.facebook.com/starwarslifesized

Be sure to LIKE IT as well!

Aug 25, 2013, 10:56 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #42

Some nice stuff in your collection Gino.
    Aug 25, 2013, 11:38 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #43

Thanks!!
    Aug 25, 2013, 12:28 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #44

Gino any more pics you care to share from the prep process?
    Aug 25, 2013, 12:41 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #45

Not right now unfortunately, but possibly as the project progresses.
  21. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Aug 26, 2013, 2:48 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #46

Gino, can you assuage any of our fears by at least lying to us and saying there will be enough Fett helmets to go around? TDH folks seem to have a lot of spare time and cash to spend on this great hobby and getting this helmet would be centerpiece for everyones collection : ) thanks again for all your hard work and for answering our questions!
    Aug 26, 2013, 3:55 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #47

Hey no prob. I'm happy to chime in and answer questions as best I can.
    We certainly would like everyone who wants one of these helmets to have the opportunity to get one.
    The problem is that a lot of times when we go to pre-order, the items sell out rather quickly.
    My recommendation would be to stay on top of the pre-order date and make sure you get your order placed as timely as possible.
    Aug 26, 2013, 5:16 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #48

Do have a best guess for a preorder timeframe? I would think with all the work that is going to need to be done, logistically and manufacturing wise, that 12-18 months would be a good guess. And don't forget Gino, if you need help with the RF, let me know. I'm sure I can come up with something.
    Aug 26, 2013, 6:12 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #49

Not even a best guess at this point.
    Will do on the RF.
    Aug 26, 2013, 6:32 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #50

Cool, I look forward to trying to help out with the project. Do you have an idea of how you would like the rf kit to look and work? If so send me a pm and I can see what you are looking for and get to work in building it.