Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 19, 2013, 11:14 PM - EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND!! #1

Hey guys sorry for the slight delay in getting some official info out into the forums.
    We've been so super busy getting settled into the show that we haven't had a chance to get the good word out.

We have a lot of cool stuff to premiere so I hope you're ready for it.

Also if you are at the show, be sure to stop by the EFX booth and say hi!

EFX BOBA FETT ESB HELMET LEGEND EDITION

As…….you……WISH!

EFX is proud to announce our Boba Fett ESB Helmet Legend Edition!
    The Lucasfilm Archives very graciously granted EFX direct access to the original one and only screen-used Boba Fett helmet from The Empire Strikes Back to mold in silicone for the production of our awesome new addition to the Legend Line of helmets.
    Only one singular helmet was used for all the Boba Fett scenes in ESB.
    What that means is that every time you watch ESB, you can point at the screen and shout out loud "My helmet comes directly from THAT helmet!"
    Ok maybe that's just what I do, but I highly recommend it.
    What it also means is that EFX can confidently say this replica will be the most accurate Boba Fett ESB helmet replica ever offered.

Here are a couple pics of our first prototype as well as one of the original screen-used helmet being carefully prepped for molding.

FETT LIVES!!!!!

EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO HELMET LEGEND EDITION

Before you ask if we announced this already, the answer is yes… well sort of.
    Except now, EFX has decided on a new course of action for this replica.
    Fiberglass!
    The base helmet will be made in fiberglass with the ears being made separately to create the illusion of vac formed parts as per the original screen-used helmets.
    Of course, this helmet will come with all the detailing and trims accurate to the original including custom extruded brow and neck trims, green bubble lenses, and mic tips.

Not only will this helmet be practically indistinguishable from a vac-form helmet when viewed from the exterior, but it will also be a more substantial collectible in terms of heft and durability. This helmet possesses all of the visual accuracy you would find in a vac form original, but now also created in idealized materials.
    Many have asked for a helmet with this combo of accuracy and durability, and EFX has heard you loud and clear!

Here are a few shots of the fiberglass paint master.
    Even upon close inspection, it is incredibly difficult to determine whether it is a vac-form or fiberglass helmet without picking it up and looking at it's inside.

EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO ARMOR LEGEND EDITION

Yes, you read that correctly. No it's not a typo.

For the first time in history, EFX is doing what no officially licensed company has ever been able to do - produce Stormtrooper helmets and armor made in ABS just like the screen-used originals.
    Take a quick breath….

And what was the basis for this armor? Where did it come from?
    It just so happens that the original screen-used helmet we used to create the Legend Edition Stormtrooper Hero helmet also came with FULL AND COMPLETE ARMOR AND ACCESSORIES!
    To the best of my knowledge, this is the ONLY fully complete Stormtrooper from Star Wars: A New Hope in existence.
    While some do exist in private hands as well as the Lucasfilm Archives, none of them are fully complete with all the accessories.

Every armor component was carefully molded to capture detail from the inside of the vac formed parts.
    Every…component. Every one.
    All the fabric based components were accurately patterned and recreated as well.
    For most people, the very first time they have every laid eyes on an original body suit and neck seal. Just utterly incredible that these are still in existence and available to EFX.

Many including myself never thought that a day would come where we would be able to own a Stormtrooper suit as perfect and accurate as this.
    It is as close as you can possibly come to owning an original.
    It really is a dream come true.

Behold the STORMTROOPER in all it's beautiful glory as originally intended!
    Coming soon from EFX.

Over the course of the next week or so, we'll be adding some exclusive content highlighting the development of the Boba Fett ESB Legend Edition Helmet with the help of The RPF and myself via https://www.facebook.com/starwarslifesized

I hope you are all as equally as excited for these awesome new products as I am.
    Let us know what you think and if you have any specific questions about them ask here and I'll try to pop in every now and then to answer them the best I can.

Jul 19, 2013, 11:56 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #2

Gino you guys have seriously outdone yourselves. Both the TK and the Fett look incredible. You should be very proud of your work.
    Jul 20, 2013, 1:42 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #3

I am in awe of all of these pieces. Also, Gino I am really jealous of your job. If you have a job for a 39 year old guy with no idea how to cast anything and zero painting skills, I'm your man. I will be waiting for your job offer lol.
    Jul 20, 2013, 7:20 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #4

Amazing stuff! Definitely be watching how the Boba helmet develops.
    Jul 20, 2013, 9:02 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #5

Really nice work. Those pieces all look amazing. I really hope I can get my hands on one of the Boba buckets when they come out. Awesome stuff!
    Jul 20, 2013, 9:20 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #6

Great news! Can we get some accurate measurements of the ESB helmet and also some never-before-seen (or known) info regarding the inside of the helmet with electronics and info about the rangefinder? Thanks!
    Jul 20, 2013, 9:33 AM - #7

I'm in for certain.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
  8. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 20, 2013, 10:46 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #8

This has been an epic opportunity to be involved in and there is no doubt that this will set the standard for all helmets to come. The best part, at least for me, is that every helmet we have ever known in the past has blank or missing spots in its history or questions of why a detail was this way or that way.

With this, I have been involved in every step of the process, so we know exactly what this is and where it came from.
  9. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 20, 2013, 10:47 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #9

This has been an epic opportunity to be involved in and there is no doubt that this will set the standard for all helmets to come. The best part, at least for me, is that every helmet we have ever known in the past has blank or missing spots in its history or questions of why a detail was this way or that way.

With this, I have been involved in every step of the process, so we know exactly what this is and where it came from.
    Jul 20, 2013, 11:58 AM - EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND!! #10

Meh. I saw it in person.... The ears look too big
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Jul 20, 2013, 12:43 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #11

Quote Art Andrews said: View Post

I think this image is the best representation of what you felt that day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Casting 0035.jpg 
Views:	867 
Size:	328.2 KB 
ID:	70328

I just hope that more info will surface in the near future...
  12. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Jul 20, 2013, 1:54 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #12

This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing all this info, and doing so during one of EFX's busiest weeks of the year. It was strange for the rest of us who didn't attend SDCC, seeing the few precious fan photos and words trickle out of the show without any simultaneous official info about such major reveals. I don't mean that as a slam, it was just kind of quiet outside of the show, lol. Anyway, that will come soon enough before production/sales, and we'll eat it up, as we love the details as much as or more than a product itself. This is all great stuff, and exciting. I'm grateful for the time, information, and photos shared above, and especially on a fan forum by a lead in the commercial project.

It's really outstanding that one of the top fans, Art, could be part of the entire (and official by LFL, don't forget that) Boba Fett replication helmet process. And by top fan, I don't mean by who has the most toys, money, or excitement (on second thought, I'll give you that one, haha), but someone who would reliably and thoroughly participate, contribute, and document the process with foreknowledge, intent, and follow-through to publicly share the information broadly with other fans. Thanks Art! Thanks EFX, Gino, Don Bies, LFL!

Cheers,
    -Tom
    Jul 20, 2013, 2:12 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #13

Hey Art, did you have to buy a new pair of pants after you held it in your hand?
  14. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 20, 2013, 4:21 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #14

No doubt that this was an absolutely epic opportunity for me... but more importantly, it is an epic opportunity for the community. We have never had anything even close to this and due to the sale of LFL, we will never have this opportunity again.

Once we get back from SDCC, we will definitely be providing more info and talking more about all that we have done.

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    I think this image is the best representation of what you felt that day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Casting 0035.jpg 
Views:	867 
Size:	328.2 KB 
ID:	70328

I just hope that more info will surface in the near future...
    Jul 21, 2013, 3:55 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #15

Quote Art Andrews said: View Post
    No doubt that this was an absolutely epic opportunity for me... but more importantly, it is an epic opportunity for the community. We have never had anything even close to this and due to the sale of LFL, we will never have this opportunity again.

Once we get back from SDCC, we will definitely be providing more info and talking more about all that we have done.
    Can't wait to hear and see all the great new info you will share with us. When you said last year about some groundbreaking news regarding the Fett, I hoped (secretly) that it was about something like this. Just seeing you with the ESB HERO helmet in your hands I feel the hot chills going up and down on my back, just like a kid when he finally got his most deserved toy. And what a toy! But I'm still dreaming... that one day I will be in the same situation as you that day.
    Jul 21, 2013, 9:10 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #16

Yeah... I'm fully torqued.

This all looks so good!
  17. Jul 21, 2013, 10:18 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #17

This is awesome! Both the Fett bucket and the TK look great!!

So...how do i get a job at eFx? I can paint and make molds....where do i send a resume ?
  18. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 21, 2013, 10:57 AM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #18

It was a dream come true to work on this project, especially knowing that everyone would have an opportunity to buy one of these helmets at the end.

What is truly awesome for me, is to see, without ever having touched a helmet, members of this community, like you, have been able to determine a lot of the information and details on your own! your work on the rangefinder was nothing short of incredible! I had to hold the original to find these things out, but you did it just from looking at photos!

Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    Can't wait to hear and see all the great new info you will share with us. When you said last year about some groundbreaking news regarding the Fett, I hoped (secretly) that it was about something like this. Just seeing you with the ESB HERO helmet in your hands I feel the hot chills going up and down on my back, just like a kid when he finally got his most deserved toy. And what a toy! But I'm still dreaming... that one day I will be in the same situation as you that day.
    Jul 21, 2013, 3:28 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #19

So what was the sudden change of heart concerning people outside of LFL being able to handle the props? I would think that Disney would allow it since they put their IP on just about anything, but I can't think of copies of the real thing being available from those movies.
    Jul 21, 2013, 4:06 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #20

Disney also owns marvel, and in the video with the interview of eFX he talks about the marvel "legend" series that were even cast from the same moulds as the screen used props. So why would Disney change the LFL policy if not to a more open policy, as it apparently is with their marvel props?
    Jul 21, 2013, 4:53 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #21

That makes sense, I didn't know that they did that with the marvel stuff. Hopefully the paint job of the fett lid cast will be worth the trouble and the amount that they will charge for it.
    Jul 21, 2013, 5:23 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #22

I saw Art give an explanation on the rpf that answers this question though. So I'll just paste his reply in here:

Just want to quell some fears here, but at the same time, I can't talk about some of these aspects in detail. However, the archives belonged to George Lucas, personally and did not go to Disney with the sale of Lucasfilm. However, George has now turned them over to be managed by a third party and the archives are now on a very hard lockdown due to legal mumbo-jumbo.

Will it always stay that way? I certainly can't say. However, when Lucas owned Lucasfilm, there was a vested interest in using the archives to help licensees make great products like the Fett helmet because at the end of the day, it means more money for the licensee and ultimately more money for Lucas. Now that the direct tie between Lucasfilm and the archives has been severed, there is no strong motivating reason for the archives to work with what is essentially Disney licensees. Give the recent change in attitude, by the archives, toward licensees, it does not bode well for the future of having the kind of access that brought you the Vader, and will soon bring you the scout and Fett...
    Jul 23, 2013, 9:25 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #23

Quote Lady Fett said: View Post
    Meh. I saw it in person.... The ears look too big
    Is that so?
    I guess I'll just have to go off and sand them down some.
    So when anyone asks I'll just send them your way.
    Jul 23, 2013, 9:40 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #24

Well you can't please everyone. I think everyone here is very curious about how its going to get painted. Hopefully all of the knowledge that resides here on TDH will be utilized somewhere in the process.
    And Gino I have some ideas for lighting the rf if you need a few.
    Last edited by Jc27; Jul 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM.
    Jul 23, 2013, 10:03 PM - Re: EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND #25

Thanks Jc27.
    I'm a proud member of TDH and have been here since it was founded.
    In fact I designed many of the logos over the years including it's current one.
    It is THE definitive source for accurate Fett information on the web.

So OF COURSE the knowledge gained from here (some of which I have contributed over the years -cough cough) will be instrumental in making sure this helmet is done right.

As far as the RF goes, I doubt we will be using the original electronics set up as it's just not practical for a licensed product.
    So I would definitely be open to working with someone who has managed to design an easy and reliable set up that could potentially utilized in a mass production environment.