Subscribe
    Sep 1, 2008, 12:21 PM - Dragon*Con Dinner and Fan Table. #1

I have a curious question since I came back from Dragon*Con, and I noticed there were no TDH Fan Table (that I've seen around), or aware of the TDH dinner.

Were BOTH of them absent from this Dragon*Con this year??? I forgot to ask about that to evan, JimmyBuFett, Seeker or Got Maul that I've seen on Friday evening.

I've being absent from this boards for a while, since I'm facing real life situations that takes my online time to do other more important stuff....like looking a job since February after being medically discharged from the ARMY.
    Sep 1, 2008, 12:53 PM - Re: Dragon*Con Dinner and Fan Table. #2

Yeh, they decided not to do a table at DCON this year as it wasnt worth it for them. I think they only planned on doing ComiCon this year as the booth were alot more upscale than dcon
    Sep 1, 2008, 9:55 PM - Re: Dragon*Con Dinner and Fan Table. #3

Yeah, unfortunately Dragon Con last year was quite a frustration for TDH. Their fan club tables are very poorly organized. We also feel that our group doesn't really appeal to much of the Dragon Con attendees. As such, we decided not to do a table this year and probably won't do so in the future. As for dinner, I didn't attend and no one else seemed to want to organize a dinner so there wasn't one this year.
    Sep 5, 2008, 5:41 PM - Re: Dragon*Con Dinner and Fan Table. #4

Thanks Tim and Kristen for the replies. I really missed you guys (all TDH) this year.
    Sep 6, 2008, 10:08 PM - Re: Dragon*Con Dinner and Fan Table. #5

We missed you too. We will definitely be there next year.
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Sep 6, 2008, 11:23 PM - Re: Dragon*Con Dinner and Fan Table. #6

Well, I hope we helped raise some interested. We gave out a TON of TDH cards and stickers on the Mercs table. Judging from the amount of interested we received, then I'm sure some have come here also.

I do have to say that tables didn't seem to be a hassle this year, and we basically got free power. Hopefully SDCC will be the same.

This is something we are always happy to do for TDH. It's a resource we all use and should be helped by those it helps.
  7. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Sep 12, 2008, 1:07 PM - Re: Dragon*Con Dinner and Fan Table. #7

NovallTalon, that is how I heard about TDH actually! I still have the sticker affixed to the back of my badge haha