Subscribe
  1. Apr 21, 2009, 10:34 PM - DRAGON 09' SPACE??? #1

Ok with still 5 months to go, I can't believe everything is completely booked for Dragon Con, especially with the economy the way it is! So here it goes... does anyone have extra room for 2 people that could help share the $$$, if so, Let me know!

I'd also be interested in a four day pass to San Diego Comic Con if someone has one to spare or knows where one could be found.

THX!

Last edited by Galactic Bounty Hunter; Apr 22, 2009 at 7:04 PM.
  2. May 9, 2009, 7:41 PM - Re: DRAGON 09' SPACE??? #2

Bump!

May 10, 2009, 1:48 AM - Re: DRAGON 09' SPACE??? #3

I've got a suite a couple blocks away at the Super 8, but I'm already at capacity and don't know how they feel about room-packing. If you can't find anything else, let me know. I probably wouldn't be able to offer much more than space to keep your stuff and roll out sleeping bags, but I've been in positions at cons where I would have sawn off limbs for that... *heh*

--Jonah
    May 11, 2009, 4:05 PM - Re: DRAGON 09' SPACE??? #4

FYI, regardless of economy, the main DragonCon hotels sell out usually within 24 hourson the day the open reservations for it. Word for the wise.
  5. May 11, 2009, 8:07 PM - Re: DRAGON 09' SPACE??? #5

Quote Peregrinus said: View Post
    I've got a suite a couple blocks away at the Super 8, but I'm already at capacity and don't know how they feel about room-packing. If you can't find anything else, let me know. I probably wouldn't be able to offer much more than space to keep your stuff and roll out sleeping bags, but I've been in positions at cons where I would have sawn off limbs for that... *heh*

--Jonah
    So, who's bringing the saw and it doesn't have to be your limbs that are getting sawed off, does it?

Quote CGClone said: View Post
    FYI, regardless of economy, the main DragonCon hotels sell out usually within 24 hourson the day the open reservations for it. Word for the wise.
    Well this would potentially be my fourth time going and in the past if I called in March / April, the hotels still had rooms available, so needless to say, I was somewhat shocked! I guess the economy isn't all that bad!

Last edited by Galactic Bounty Hunter; May 11, 2009 at 11:27 PM.
    May 11, 2009, 11:31 PM - Re: DRAGON 09' SPACE??? #6

Well, I was hoping you wouldn't pin me down on who was getting limbs sawn off...

Also, remember that this year someone (or several someones) seriously screwed up and booked an airline convention at the Marriott right smack in the middle of Dragon*Con. We have the Hyatt, Sheraton, and Hilton this year. That contributed to the general lack of rooms available.

--Jonah
  7. May 11, 2009, 11:43 PM - Re: DRAGON 09' SPACE??? #7

Quote Peregrinus said: View Post
    Well, I was hoping you wouldn't pin me down on who was getting limbs sawn off...

Also, remember that this year someone (or several someones) seriously screwed up and booked an airline convention at the Marriott right smack in the middle of Dragon*Con. We have the Hyatt, Sheraton, and Hilton this year. That contributed to the general lack of rooms available.

--Jonah
    And to go along with that, I heard 1. The College Football season was moved up a week and 2. There's also a Nascar Race happening that weekend as well! Uhhhh, HELLOOOOOOO ATLANTA!
    May 13, 2009, 11:16 AM - Re: DRAGON 09' SPACE??? #8

I was able to get a room at the Westin a little over a week ago. The DragonCon site said it was available again, after saying it was sold out. You could try that? Good luck!