DP bucket?

From
    Rumford, Maine

DP bucket?

Was Don Post one of the original BF helmet makers? reason I ask is I was just over at bobafett.com, and there's a sale posted for a 1996 DP fiberglass #34 bucket for $1000 - $1100...

I know in past years DP has a less than stellar rep for accuracy (I have a 80's something DV mask) , but come one, one large? It had better be screen used and signed by JB to grab my interest...

From
    Middlesbrough UK

Re: DP bucket?

ah that would be the DP deluxe if I am not wrong. originally retailed for $800.
    it was meant to have been cast off an original helmet, prepro2 I think - think its supposedly pretty accurate shape wise

more experienced Fett heads will, I am sure chime in, in due course

Nate
    Last edited by Heatshock; Feb 4, 2009 at 6:43 PM.

From
    South Elgin, IL

The helmet is really only different in that it is fiberglass rather than plastic, it has a full visor, metal ears/rangefinder (me thinks), and it was limited, so each one has a plate on the inside with a number, hence the price.

however, the paint job is not very accurate, color and weathering wise. I think the paint job is sorta based on the esb and rotj, so that tells you the accuracey...lol.

the Master Replicas is 10,000% more accurate, but not quite as good as you're gonna get from some of the painters on here.

From
    my place

They say that it was a limited edition helmet

The ears are made of metal

The price is a bit high for I have seen them for sale on E-Bay and sell for less than $200.00

I have a friend who got one for $185.00 E-Bay

Check around for a good deal but a $1000.00 is a bit high