Don't buy R2D2 or starwars prop from Bentley O'toole in AU

Don't buy R2D2 or starwars prop from Bentley O'toole in AU

Friends I too am a victim of fraud by Bentley O'toole in AU. In a nut shell : He sent me a paypal invoice requesting $850. US for a R2D2 prop back in Oct 2007. I never got it nor my money. The police have been trying to track him down but he has managed to slip away. Pay pal ruled in my favor but have not been able to recoup a dime. So be aware of this scum bag. He knew my R2 project was going to be made R/C and was to be used to bring happiness to our local childrens hospitals. I had saved up that money for over a year and it was to be a father and son project. Sadly its not going to happen now. Any one with knowledge of his whereabouts please email me the info and I will forward it to the police.
    Thanks,
    Lou

Re: Don't buy R2D2 or starwars prop from Bentley O'toole in AU

wow sounds like a pattern as there's a thread about same guy ripping off someone else on a Jango helmet. For armor etc... I tend to stick to here or get references from my 501st garrison, tends to be alot more honest, cheap, and quicker.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Yerp... no surprises there... He is well known for his Illegalities, shoddy work, and also his fraudulent offers here... He is like the Telemarketer who just called me up, woke me up too :S All offers and never delivers.

Basically you wont be able to track him down from over there... most of us have been trying to, even over here in Australia. And we havent succeeded.. Your not the only one he has burned, if that is any consolation :S

Im one of a few people trying to track his exact whereabouts.. Its in Queensland somewhere, that we have tracked... If you have his active Ebay account that may help A sting may be in the works to finally get him.

However, what you need to do is get your Law Enforcements/lawyers to contact the Australian Federal Police, and let them know that this person 'Bentley O'Toole' (which is a nom de plum to protect who he really is) has done what they did to you, and you will need to tell them that he allegedly lives in the state of Queensland and frequently opens new Ebay accounts, as well as new Paypal Accounts to finance his fraudulent transactions, clearing them out before you are able to take action to get your money back... then they are gone and untracable for a while. Thats where we lost him last.

From
    Orange County, Ca

how hard would it be to find out what kind of material he's using and track it down there? if he's making alot of props to scam people then he must be ordering on a regular basis of resin? Maybe someone really knowledgeable in different types can figure it out and maybe have someone contact the manufacturer? Then again I'm sure the manufacturer wont be able to release personal info at all.

From
    Perth, Western Australia

Lou, can you send me the current Ebay username for Bentley.. i cant seem to find him at the moment... ive got about 3 of his past ones that are all locked atm... Ive got a friend going to an ebay meeting that needs it to talk to the Ebay Rep and get their details hopefully..

Bentley's last known Ebay handel is: cranky-pantz( 4242