Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does your woman know?

From
    Eastern Canada

does your woman know?

Just wondering if you get hounded by your mate about money you spend on your collections? does she ask, does she care, or is she p'd off royaly about the money spent and time on pc.
    My wife is a stay at home, she sees my collection room and retieves parcells that arrive, but never once asks about money spent.

Lucky me.

Re: does your woman know?

Most of the time im in the same boat as you, but once in a while i hear about the money. Not too often though. So i guess im doin pretty good lol

Account Deactivated

No problems whatsoever.

From
    UK

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Most of the time I'm in the same boat as you, but once in a while i hear about the money. Not too often though. So i guess im doin pretty good lol
    Pretty much the same here too, although not as lucky as Nate it would seem.

From
    Honolulu, Hi

Attachment 57895

I'm the girl in the mando skull tank top, my boyfriend is in his Boba Fett armor. I think it's hella sexy that he has a full set of armor. The passion and dedication he puts into his costume is admirable. He just got a new bucket, and I love seeing him that happy. But then again...I'm sure it does help that I'm a fangirl. <3

Yeah, she knows...she's also a very predominant member and mando builder here....which she has more Mando armor then I do

From
    Bath, South West, UK

My girlfriend loves that I'm Boba Fett. She can't look at any pictures of him the same anymore! Although, the only thing she hates about it is how stressed I was getting in the 2 weeks leading up to Comic-Con with only a half finished suit. We have a picture much like Slave1Pilot's :P Here is one of us at a party:

From
    Brisbane AUS

I've never heard a peep on money spent. I earn it so i can spend it. All I get is payed out on. 'you're such a geek/nerd/freak'.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Nate and Jaybox do seem like the luckiest!

My wife is OK with it as long as it doesn't interfere with financial necessities or any other obligations... I save my pennies, sell what I have, or wait until Christmas/ Birthday to get new gear.

She didn't understand the whole 501st thing until she came to a couple of charity events with me and charity events that my kids were involved in. She began looking at this hobby in a different way because it could be used for a good purpose. We always talked to our kids about doing for others and its a way that I can use my interests/ talents for some good causes.

From
    New York City

dsc02760-copy-jpg

This is my wife and I. This was my first Star Wars costume. When I told her I was planning another, she said I'd be crazy to do anything else before doing Boba Fett because it is the sexiest Star Wars costume.

Although while trooping one day, someone mentioned the average cost of a 501st approved Fett and I waited for a bad reaction from her. But, happily she didn't even flinch.

No complaints. I never spend money that I can't afford to spend, so it doesn't hurt anything.

From
    Oklahoma

My wife told me that whatever I spend on the 2 suits that are currently being built, I have to spend that much on her new ring.

Well, since I'm a girl, it's the opposite here. I'm the Star Wars geek who collects comic books and makes costumes, and my boyfriend just rolls his eyes at me (I swear he's jealous that I'm so obsessed with the Fetts, lol). But he never says anything about it. Probably because he spends a whole lot of money on his guitars and equipment. So I guess we're doing pretty fair and square. So far

From
    Bopfingen/Germany

Well, my girlfriend doesn´t care about, but every time, im trooping in my Boba, she tells me, that Jango is much cooler.....so, i´ll have to build up a Jango *LOL*

From
    Northeast U.S.A

xxDreamWalker said: View Post
    Probably because he spends a whole lot of money on his guitars and equipment. So I guess we're doing pretty fair and square. So far
    I used to have guitars, drums machines, and portable recording studios when I was younger... that stuff was very expensive... I actually sold that off when I wasn't interested in it anymore (I realized I wasn't going to be a rockstar! lol!) I used that to begin the Star Wars costume hobby years ago!

From
    Murfreesboro, TN

My wife was a little put off by it at first, but when she saw the joy I got from it, and I showed her the charity work that I want to be involved in, she understood. She has even given me input on how things look, which suit to work on, etc. Now, she is at a point where she can tell which movie most costumes come from She was also the one that told me that Jango and the Sandtrooper were the coolest, so those are the suits I am building. She told me because that I spend all of my free time between our family, my Jeep build, and working on my suits, so she does not have to worry about me running around, lol.

She is very supportive, and I never spend money that I don't have, so it is all good. My son loves what I am doing as well, so she appreciates that.

From
    Brisbane, Australia

clonecollector said: View Post
    Nate and Jaybox do seem like the luckiest!
    My wife is OK with it as long as it doesn't interfere with financial necessities or any other obligations... I save my pennies, sell what I have, or wait until Christmas/ Birthday to get new gear.
    She didn't understand the whole 501st thing until she came to a couple of charity events with me and charity events that my kids were involved in. She began looking at this hobby in a different way because it could be used for a good purpose. We always talked to our kids about doing for others and its a way that I can use my interests/ talents for some good causes.
    My wife is the same. She didn't get the whole 501st thing either until she came to a large AP where I got approved. Met everyone chatted and then on the way home it was 'so what costume can I do' She has a Jawa and we are now working on her second a Sith costume.
    Since I don't have a credit card or paypal I have to run it past her first. When she sees how much the Boba stuff is she just shakes her head and mumbles something about TK now this...better be worth it all in good fun.
    We try and do events as a family when we can. The kids have a jawa each, youngest has a Fett and oldest an RC (Boss). It is great to do charity events with them and see how much they love doing it and knowing that it is for a good cause. We try and make sure they know what the charity does and who it affects so they can get an understanding on why they need to try and help out in the community.

From
    Newport News, VA

My wife is very understanding of my hobby. She knows that I've been into SW forever, and gets me prop/costume stuff on my birthday.
    She's always my first audience when I do a new paint up. She may not be into it herself, but she is artistic and has a good appreciation
    for how much work goes into creating an accurate replica.

I'm just starting to get into costume building, and Boba will be my first. When I was talking with the wife I expected some criticism, but she's totally on board with it! What a relief!!

From
    Eastern Canada

Awsome seems like all partys are understanding and even into there own SW cosplay. excellent storys.

i never would have married someone that wouldn't be supportive of my interests

From
    Bath, South West, UK

^ Stormtrooperguy like a boss.

for the most part my wife is great about it. she gets a bit stressed if a lot of other things come through at same time, but for the most part as long as bills are paid, money is put in bank, and she has a bit for herself she's great. In a period of about 3 months she let me buy an entire jedi costume and a compact Rock island 1911 complete with holster and extra mag. So yeah I can't really complain.

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

My wife's great about it, it keeps me out of her hair at times. She also helped me decorate:

From
    Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK

My wife looked at me like I had 2 heads at first but then she saw the charity side, kids smiling who have nothing much to smile about. Now she is a helluvalot more understanding.

I don't really tell her how much stuff costs & I don't think she really wants to know! I have a full TK, a few clone lids & now I've started my full SE Boba Fett. I did tell a little white lie about the price of the Boba lid...

Here she is with me in my TK (though that is a TD bucket - I was entertaining the kids in the garden!)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7006/6...6e41609e93.jpg

Cheers,

W B)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6647574303_6e41609e93-jpg  
    Last edited by TKBlank; Jan 6, 2012 at 10:45 AM.