Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Feb 16, 2011, 5:32 PM - Derby Fett #1

Little back story on this, I am an NSO with Assassination City Roller Derby. When skating we are required to wear full pads. Tired of the same old black or white pads I decided to spruce mine up a little. Being the geek I am, I of course went with the Fett man. I'm using the ESB color scheme, though its not exact, but I am doing my best to keep it accurate. These pads are sort of a test run to see how the process goes. Eventually I will be branching out and turning this into a small hobby-business. If the Fett turns out well I plan on doing an x-wing pilot next. Specifically Biggs.
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 16, 2011, 5:38 PM - Re: Derby Fett #2

Nice in for more pics with more details added I hope and assume? Killstripes scratches ect I think itll look great
  3. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 16, 2011, 6:02 PM - Re: Derby Fett #3

Cool idea
    Chuck the kill stripes and some weathering on tha lid, and mabey do the elbow pads red
    I like seeing Fett make his way in to normal day life stuff
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Feb 16, 2011, 6:25 PM - Re: Derby Fett #4

The lid is the slowest going part so far. Its going to be my money maker so I am taking a lot more time with it. Tomorrow I will probably get the "visor" section painted on. Eventually it will have most the details. The only that won't be there is the lower parts of the helmet and the rangefinder.
    Feb 16, 2011, 7:02 PM - Re: Derby Fett #5

Still, it's starting to look good! keep us posted!
  6. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 17, 2011, 1:54 AM - Re: Derby Fett #6

i would do the helmet just like the dome i wouldnt put the visor on it at all
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Feb 17, 2011, 7:50 AM - Re: Derby Fett #7

That's pretty much the idea. I can't have anything protruding so I'm just doing the dome, a little bit of the rear of the helmet, and the upper parts of the ear caps.
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 17, 2011, 10:49 AM - Re: Derby Fett #8

Yeh I gotcha...we'll be waiting for more pics