Re: Dented Helmet coin

I would so be up for this.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

asok said: View Post
    It is something like 50.
    With a minimum like that, the coin sounds like it may be a good product to go into production

From
    Columbus, Ohio

I'm pretty sure the minimum order to start the run of coins, for the 501st ones anyway, is 100.

From
    Indiana

The place that I use the minimum order is 50. www.we-belong.com They are who I am getting out Garrsion coin from.

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

Predatormv said: View Post
    I think it should be the TDH angels logo since that is the logo of the boards and then maybe a Fett helmet on the other side, or the bantha skull either one. I would be in for 2 for sure.
    I like the idea of the TDH angels logo on one side and a Boba helmet on the other. Then if they turn out to be a hit (which I think they will), we can do angels/Jango and then angels/Zam coins. To make it the TDH trio set.

Whatever the design turns out to be, count me in for at least 4.

From
    Columbus, Ohio

asok said: View Post
    The place that I use the minimum order is 50. www.we-belong.com They are who I am getting out Garrsion coin from.
    Cool! Thanks for the link. We werent wanting to do a run of 100 first so thsi is a lot better.

From
    Indiana

TB744 said: View Post
    Cool! Thanks for the link. We werent wanting to do a run of 100 first so thsi is a lot better.
    No problem. Tell Kelly "Hi". They will take very good care of you.

From
    Northern California

Very cool idea! I'd be in for one for sure. Our Colonial Marines group just finished a USCM Challenge Coin and it's really cool! Don't want to be showed up by the Colonial Marines do ya? Otherwise, come DCon7 time, you know who'll be buyin'!

-Rex

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Maybe something like this for the front. Simple, but bold, and straight forward.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tdh-coin-jpg  

thats awsome but what about the other Hunters? like the custome mando's and jodo kast...

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Marx Tandish said: View Post
    thats awsome but what about the other Hunters? like the custome mando's and jodo kast...
    Who?!? J/k. There is no doubt that the customs have been given their place but I think the big three are still Boba, Jango, and Zam, with the variants being just that, variants of Boba... actually Jango is little more than a Boba variant, but at least he was in a movie.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Don't think I like this but here is one idea for the helmet on the back. The only cool part is that as the coin wears, the helmet will naturally "weather"!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tdh-coin2-jpg  

From
    Beattyville, KY

Love those coin ideas, as long as it has the angels logo on it ill buy a couple

From
    Atlanta, Georgia

I wonder what currency the "Sniffer" coin would be worth?

From
    chico, ca

this sounds like it could turn into something awesome. I cant wait to see the final product!

From
    Massachusetts

Marx Tandish said: View Post
    Like Art said, the Charlie's Angels pose is TDH default "logo" and should be the face of the coin.

From
    Near Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Now I love that idea!
    Front

Back

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

I really love that idea as well, although the side with the boba helm seems to be missing something, or seems a bit plain. I think it would look cool if it had a ring around it that said "the dented helmet" in aurabseh, or something similar...just to add a bit more pizzazz. Also, about the coin weathering, Yes that would be cool, but these coins don't really weather!!! If they are made similarly to the 501st ones I have, they won't weather at all due to the hard epoxy enamel. I've carried mine in my pocket almost everyday for quite some time, along with loose change, nails, screws, and even the occasional spark plug. Mine still looks like brand new!!
    Also, I ran this by a few of my fellow garrison members that we may be develpoing a coin in the near future. I had a pretty good response, and I really think we will have no trouble when it comes to getting rid of these or trading them for other challenge coins. I really hope this becomes a reality...pretty excited about it!!
    D

From
    Southampton, England

how about having the angels logo on one side and the actual 'dent' on the other?

-Wulfie

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

Well, it certainly isn't my call, but personally, I would rather have something more recognizable as one of the charaters on at least one side of the coin. The angles logo is cool, but beyond TDH, most folks always ask me what its supposed to be....even people that are pretty big into SW!!!! I showed a few of the ideas to fellow garrison members & everyone of them asked, "what is the angle logo supposed to be"???? Don't get me wrong, I still think the angels logo should be on there, but if we have just a "dent" on the other side, Most folks aren't going "get it" Whereas if we have a fett helmet, or maybe a mando skull on the flip side, everbody will recognize that right off the bat!!! Then again, I suppose this project is primarily for us TDHers, and we all know what that stuff means!!!! I guess I would suggest that we have a few differnt designs & maybe have a vote?????? Just my 2 cents.
    D
    Last edited by Jango's kid; Jan 16, 2007 at 1:22 PM.

From
    Salem, Oregon

I am having my wife drawing up some draft designs of those that have been mentioned you would all like to see and we can vote what combinations we like the best.

From
    Wiesbaden, Germany

That's just it: it's a TDH coin. It's for us. If everyone "got it" then to me, it just wouldn't mean as much. It kind of gives it that mystery. It almost makes me feel, (Bob, dare I say it) elitist.

Jango's kid said: View Post
    The angles logo is cool, but beyond TDH, most folks always ask me what its supposed to be....even people that are pretty big into SW!!!! I , Most folks aren't going "get it"

I like the idea of having something on it that only us hardcore Fettists would recognize and know. Like the TDH shirt with the squeegee tool on it

yeah, i also echo the idea that the TDH coin should just make sense here

i'm not digging the boba face on the other side though... i still like the idea of the

From
    Las Vegas, NV

As I mentioned in my initial post regarding the Fett helmet coin side, I am not real crazy about it and the more I look at it the less crazy I am about it. While I love the "bantha" skull... It has been used so much that I really hate to use it... even though it is an awesome logo. In regard to the Angels logo, if this is to be a TDH coin, I don't know how it COULDN'T have the angels logo. That is our official logo and has been for years. Does everyone "get" it? I am sure they don't. But this is not a generic "Fett" coin we are talking about, this is a TDH coin. While we certainly don't have to use the exact angels logo layout I posted above, I think if this is to be a TDH coin, we need something like it on one side... The other side is still up in the air. I am hesitant to use the dent because it is so obscure and something like the bantha skull is too overused... So what do we go with? What defines us as a community?