Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Darth Voorhees Leave of absenceSubscribe
    Aug 7, 2015, 7:29 PM - Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #1

Hey guys, since you are all like family to me, i just wanted to let you all know i will be limiting my time online starting tomorrow. If i owe any of you anything i will be diligently working to get them to ya as soon as possible. I have some things going on at home that need my full attention. The consequence may be that some of the deadlines we were trying to make may not happen. That said, i will of course do my best to meet those deadlines, but i can not guarantee anything at this time. I have stopped taking all commissions and my prop making will be on hold until further notice. So please dont freak out if you message me here. or E-mail me and you dont hear back from me for a little bit. Im not intentionally ignoring anyone, i just need to focus on "real life" right now. Thanks for understanding, hope to be back here on the regular soon!
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Aug 7, 2015, 9:17 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #2

Keep it real Lou, family first as always. If you need anything shoot me a message.
    Aug 7, 2015, 9:53 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #3

Good to know Lou. Take care and God Bless during this time.
    Aug 7, 2015, 10:39 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #4

Family first Lou, look forward to seeing you back regularly when all is under control legend
    Aug 7, 2015, 11:13 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #5

Exactly u are a LEGEND bruv, youve helped many of us out with your passion, commitment and generosity. Take Care Killa
    Aug 8, 2015, 5:55 AM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #6

take care mate
    Aug 8, 2015, 7:01 AM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #7

Hope your ok Lou...u need anything u know where to find me.
    Aug 8, 2015, 8:43 AM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #8

Your work has been really inspirational and amazing to me and so its sad to see you leave at least temporarily...but everyone needs a break
    Aug 8, 2015, 1:17 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #9

Hope to see you back soon, Lou.
    Aug 8, 2015, 2:46 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #10

Hang in there Lou. Hope taking the time to getting things in order helps reduce some of the stress. Best wishes man!
  12. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Aug 8, 2015, 3:41 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #11

Goodluck Lou I hope all works out.
    Aug 9, 2015, 2:24 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #12

Best of luck.
    Aug 9, 2015, 7:05 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #13

Thanks guys...i hope to be back here in full swing in a couple of months.

Quote Lazarus said: View Post
    Damn, you deleted your page? Hope all is well.
    Na didnt delete it, just hid it for now. Once im back in order, it'll be public again
    Aug 9, 2015, 11:45 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #14

Yol Bruv happy for u to cancel and refund my order. Can make other arrangements.
    Cheeeeeeers
    H
    Aug 10, 2015, 7:29 AM - #15

Hope all goes well! We will waiting to hear from you.
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
    Aug 10, 2015, 10:39 AM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #16

Quote Hunter930 said: View Post
    Yol Bruv happy for u to cancel and refund my order. Can make other arrangements.
    Cheeeeeeers
    H
    No need for that H..im still working on orders for right now. If that changes i'll let you know. Also shot you a PM
  18. Lazarus is offline Lazarus
    Aug 10, 2015, 1:51 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #17

Hey Lou, there are plenty of other painters out there who can help too. But I wonder now, so can just any painter do this? Disappear when their workload is a lot more than they expected? I just hope this doesn't become common ground for the community, along with prop making in general. I understand life can get in the way, it does for everyone at some point, usually at the worst times, but to just a "take a leave of absence" with all those commissions is a bit odd. It doesn't seem really fair to your customers if you're holding onto their money and expecting them to just wait for you. Hopefully don't seem too harsh, I'd hate to see a trend in this and I'm just curious on how you feel on that.
    Last edited by Lazarus; Aug 10, 2015 at 2:01 PM.
    Aug 10, 2015, 2:44 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #18

Hey Lou, there are plenty of other painters out there who can help too. But I wonder now, so can just any painter do this? Disappear when their workload is a lot more than they expected? I just hope this doesn't become common ground for the community, along with prop making in general. I understand life can get in the way, it does for everyone at some point, usually at the worst times, but to just a "take a leave of absence" with all those commissions is a bit odd. It doesn't seem really fair to your customers if you're holding onto their money and expecting them to just wait for you. Hopefully don't seem too harsh, I'd hate to see a trend in this and I'm just curious on how you feel on that.

He clearly stated in his initial post that he is working on all of his current commissions and is going to try to make all of the deadlines. It comes across that you are just flaming the thread.
    I don't have a dog in the fight so I am just looking at this objectively...........he never said he is bailing on things and running off with the money and everyone will have to wait.

Maybe that is not what you meant but that is how it sounds.
    Aug 10, 2015, 3:24 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #19

Good luck Lou, sometimes you gotta deal with that real life stuff, even if you don't want to.
  21. Aug 10, 2015, 4:15 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #20

Goodness. I can see where Lazarus is frustrated. Many of us have been waiting patiently for quite a long time for our commissions only to have the FB page we were told to monitor for progress disappear. I'll admit, I panicked until I found this thread. All that being said, Lou is a real person with a real life to live outside of this. I have faith that he means it when he says that he is going to do his best to bang out his current projects in a timely manner. Maybe this will give him a chance to catch up and reboot, or maybe this is his swan song, in which case we will be the lucky few that got the last/best work of a legend. Get your life right, Lou! I'll just be happy to get my helmet whenever it comes!
    Aug 10, 2015, 4:16 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #21

Nah, I'm just hoping this doesn't become a trend, that's all.
    So says the person with 80 posts versus the man that had well over 3k. Darth has done an immense amount for this community and the 501st in general..(if you didn't pick up that the CRL is built around his costume you have been living under a log somewhere). Having seen how many posts and PM's the man answers in a day, helping people on this forum became a full time job for the dude. He's got some family stuff hes got to deal with right now and SHOULD cancel all his orders...but unlike some people that lurk on the Internet Darth has integrity so he's living up to the commitments he made to people because he doesn't want to let them down.
    Aug 10, 2015, 7:16 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #22

Thanks buddy super happy for this, just wanted to elevate any pressure, supa happy were still on track, yr work is STELLLLLLLA !!!!
    PS Got the PM supa appreciate yr communication
    H
    Last edited by Hunter930; Aug 10, 2015 at 7:30 PM.
    Aug 10, 2015, 8:23 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #23

Good lord!! taking a forum break is harder than i thought! I posted this to keep everyone in the know...... so people DONT freak out!! lol

i AM NOT going to disappear!

Please read that first post again, I never said" too bad im going to disappear now". I hid the FB page because i get alot of messages every day from people not from here asking for pricing or if i can do this or that for them....and i need to just focus on the commissions i have and getting everything here at home straight. I also changed my messaging setting here for the same reason, also temporarily.

I check on this thread whenever i get a chance, and am subscribed to it. If you need to keep in touch with me, most of you already know my regular facebook page and can contact me there. As far as i know, i added everyone here i am doing work for as a friend or contact on this board, so you can all still message me here as well.

Like i said initially, if i dont respond right away please be patient as i may not be here every day like i was before. If you know me i usually reply very quickly to messages, so im sure you are all used to that. This post was to say i may not be as quick to respond and that some stuff may get a little delayed. I normally work on commissions every day like a full time job from 10am to somewhere between 7 and 9 PM. Right now i have to focus some time on getting back into the workforce among other things that i would rather not get into here, a couple of you know what im talking about.

If i spoke to you recently about a helmet cast or something similar, i am still going to honor that if you still want it. I am casting helmets this week, the last of the commissions helmets, and a few more to just finish off the supplies i have.

Like some of you have said here, (thank you Mullreel and crumdum) i AM honoring my current commissions, and still working on them almost every day (as opposed to every day hence the possible delays...and again i said there MAY be delays, not there WILL be) . When did i say i was stopping work? The point of this post wasnt to disappear, it was to focus on YOUR commission jobs, and spend less time just chatting or helping people out with info like i normally do..and rather enjoy doing actually. I never said i was stopping work on stuff.

This also has NOTHING to do with "my workload being more than i expected". It's the other stuff in my life that has been building, not the commissions. I dont have all that many to do, i just have a little less time to do them.

Lazarus, if i am doing work for you (sometimes i dont realize that your a member here of you contacted me through the FB page) i will add you as a friend on here so you can keep in contact. I also am going to add you rchriswilliams, if i havent already, as i know i am doing work for you as well.

I am not cutting myself off from anyone i am doing work for, so lets all just keep calm.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Aug 11, 2015 at 8:46 AM.
    Aug 10, 2015, 8:49 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #24

Ok, i figured out how to just disable messaging on the FB page, so i re-published it so noone freaks out again.
  26. Aug 10, 2015, 10:12 PM - Re: Darth Voorhees Leave of absence #25

Thanks for the post Lou. Family stuff comes first man. A costume can wait.