Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 9, 2008, 2:41 PM - The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #1

This is awesome. A chance for a free photo op with the Tumbler and the Batpod from The Dark Knight.

Tour is already in progress. Here are the dates and details for the remaining cities. Hope you guys are able to catch them.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 9, 2008
    Boston

11:00 AM – 4: 00 PM
    Na’tl Amusements Showcase Revere
    565 SQUIRE ROAD, REVERE
    MA 02151

THURSDAY, JULY 10, 2008
    Toronto

(TIMES TBD)
    CTV/MUCH MUSIC Lot

(TIMES TBD)
    Cineplex’s Scotiabank Theatre

SATURDAY JULY 12, 2008
    Toronto

(TIMES TBD)
    Toronto’s Eaton Centre

SUNDAY, JULY 13, 2008
    Niagara Falls, NY

11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
    Terrapin Point on Goat Island in Niagara Falls State Park

MONDAY, JULY 14, 2008
    New York City

(TBD- 10:00 AM)
    Bat-Pod live on The “Today” Show.

1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
    AMC Lincoln Square IMAX
    1998 Broadway at 68th St
    New York, NY

WEDNESDAY, JULY 16, 2008
    Chicago

TIME CHANGE: 1:00 to 2:30 PM at Crystal Gardens (Navy Pier) - BOTH vehicles scheduled to be on display
    Navy Pier IMAX
    700 E. Grand
    Chicago, IL 60611

9:30 PM – 12:00 AM
    Chris Nolan Gala Event at Navy Pier.

1:00 PM - TBD Cinerama Dome
    6360 W Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90028[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by AT-AT Luvah; Jul 10, 2008 at 1:23 PM.
    Jul 9, 2008, 2:42 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #2

I'll be taking my 4 year old son next Wednesday to see them here in Chicago. Very psyched.
    Jul 9, 2008, 3:02 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #3

AAAAAAUGH!!!!!! REVERE!!!! TODAY!!!!!! AND IT'S OVER NOW!!!

That's about 30 minutes from where I sit right now. If only I had heard sooner...
    Jul 9, 2008, 3:05 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #4

Sorry to hear that, man. I actually thought about posting yesterday, but work tied me up.

Sucks.
    Jul 9, 2008, 3:30 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #5

I'm so there on the 16th.

AT-AT Luvah, did you go to the viral thing downtown last night? I was there. Lots of free stuffs. Lots of running into oncoming traffic on Lower Wacker. Lots of fun!

Thanks for the heads up on the tour. I almost bought tickets to the gala event. Luckily, reality grounded me when I realized the price for one ticket...
    Last edited by bobamatt; Jul 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM.
    Jul 9, 2008, 3:39 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #6

No, I didn't know about that event. Where do you find out about those things?
    Jul 9, 2008, 4:20 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #7

Quote AT-AT Luvah said: View Post
    No, I didn't know about that event. Where do you find out about those things?

pm sent!
    Jul 10, 2008, 1:45 AM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #8

Man, I love all that viral marketing for TDK, especially the stuff that actually gets people to go out and get involved, like the Dentmobile. But I live in stupid Des Moines, and the Dentmobile, nor anything else TDK-viral related, happens near me. Oh well, the movie will blow my mind.
    Jul 10, 2008, 2:27 AM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #9

Ugh, once again the left coast gets left out.
    Jul 10, 2008, 9:04 AM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #10

Is San Fran too far from LA? That's the last stop on the tour, Bubba Fett. I have no idea the distance between the two cities, tho. Is it undoable?
    Jul 10, 2008, 12:55 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #11

Just read in today's Sun-Times. Time changed for Chicago:

1 to 2:30 PM only. Both vehicles supposed to be there, though.
    Jul 10, 2008, 3:03 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #12

ARRRGHHH!!!!!! I didn't log in yesterday and I missed it in Revere!!!! I could have been there in about 20-25 minutes from where I'm sitting. MAN.......
    Jul 10, 2008, 3:10 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #13

No bat love for Texas?
    Jul 10, 2008, 3:28 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #14

Sorry 'bout that, Webchief. It sucks, this has gotten little to no widespread publicity. On the one hand, it's good because there's a good chance of getting close and getting a nice picture with the vehicles. On the other hand, blink and you miss them. So I hope others get a chance to see them. (but not too many in Chicago)
    Jul 11, 2008, 1:51 AM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #15

So are they going to be on display a second time, for the gala?
    I am going to the gala, but if they are only going to have them around 1:00, then I'll have to leave earlier.
    Jul 11, 2008, 2:18 AM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #16

Quote webchief said: View Post
    ARRRGHHH!!!!!! I didn't log in yesterday and I missed it in Revere!!!! I could have been there in about 20-25 minutes from where I'm sitting. MAN.......
    Im in the same boat. missed it by 20 minutes
    Jul 11, 2008, 8:33 AM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #17

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, they will ONLY be there from 1 to 2:30 PM. It doesn't make any sense if you ask me, from a publicity standpoint, if you are going to have a big gala event with Chris Nolan, Gary Oldman, and Michael Cain in attendance - why you wouldn't want to have two show-stopping movie vehicles right in front of your red carpet.
    Jul 11, 2008, 8:48 AM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #18

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, they will ONLY be there from 1 to 2:30 PM. It doesn't make any sense if you ask me, from a publicity standpoint, if you are going to have a big gala event with Chris Nolan, Gary Oldman, and Michael Cain in attendance - why you wouldn't want to have two show-stopping movie vehicles right in front of your red carpet.

THey are probably referring to how long the stars will be available.
    Jul 14, 2008, 12:30 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #19

Okay, this is the last bump since the tour is in its final leg this week. I just don't want any TDHers to miss out for not knowing.
    Jul 16, 2008, 9:20 AM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #20

Bump for today in Chicago.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 16, 2008
    Chicago

TIME CHANGE: 1:00 to 2:30 PM at Crystal Gardens (Navy Pier) - BOTH vehicles scheduled to be on display
    Navy Pier IMAX
    700 E. Grand
    Chicago, IL 60611

9:30 PM 12:00 AM
    Chris Nolan Gala Event at Navy Pier.
    Jul 16, 2008, 8:17 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #21

Thought I'd update with some pics from today's showing in Chicago. Navy Pier was a great location to have this and it was a beautiful day. Even got to see some of the red carpet for the Chris Nolan gala this evening.

My son even got to touch the Tumbler, which he loved - he was geeking out just as much as me. Great day.

Great stuff.

Jul 16, 2008, 9:36 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #22

To cool! Thats awesome that you and your son were able to get that close.
    Were you able to see the inside through the glass?
    Jul 16, 2008, 9:57 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #23

I did look inside, but the glass is very opaque and was also reflecting a lot of sunlight from the atrium we were in - so that made it very difficult to discern anything of note.

The vibe was electric here today, tho - it was really something. We left before the red carpet began for the Chris Nolan gala, but there were already crowds 3 rows deep in anticipation of Nolan, Gary Oldman, and Michael Caine.

We were psyched we got so close to the Tumbler as well. We got there early, which helped, because there was literally nobody around so we got a good 10 to 15 minutes of uninterrupted photography time. As we were leaving, the crowds started to arrive, so we were very lucky.
    Jul 16, 2008, 10:37 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #24

Hey! Wait a minute!

You got to go up to the Tumbler?!?!?!?!

...not fair.

Lol!

We had to stay behind the red ropes.

It was VERY cool to see these in person. The Tumbler is a bit smaller than I thought it would be in person. Also, the batpod is much more of a silvery/gunmetal color than I had realized.

I'm a bit bummed we didn't meet up. I had my eyes open for you the whole time.

I took some pictures too. I'll upload them later.
    Jul 16, 2008, 11:12 PM - Re: The Dark Knight Vehicles Tour: Tumbler & Batpod coming to your City #25

Yes, I did get right up close to it. My son touched it and that really made his day. He keeps reminding me that he 'touched Batman's car.'

We got there at noon and the vehicles were already out on display and there was NOBODY around. We spent about 30 minutes with the Tumbler and with nobody around I casually 'ignored' the red velvet ropes and got up close and personal.

By the time we got to the Batpod (see my son's pic with it above) there was already a crowd around the Tumbler and at that point the facility people were enforcing the 'stand behind the ropes' rules.

We got lucky, but we're happy about it. I just regret I didn't get a picture of my son standing right next to the car. But that's a minor thing, we got a bunch of great pics that we really love.

Hope to see your pics soon!

Hector