Dak Ralter

Dak Ralter

I was lookin' through some of the characters in ESB and thought i'd look up Dak Ralter (Luke Skywalker's gunner during the Battle of Hoth) and then read on to read this about the actor John Morton. "John Morton played Dak Ralter in The Empire Strikes Back. He also played Boba Fett in a scene when Jeremy Bulloch could not be present."

Anyone else know this? I didn't.

Re: Dak Ralter

Wow!! That's cool, never knew that. Wonder what scene it was?

G-Fett

From
    The Netherlands

Yep, I knew this.
    Jeremy was acting for some other movie at the time, dont know what scene it was. I cant remember.

Ruben

From
    Irvine, CA

Yes I knew this as well, because I have met him before.

From
    Corbin, Ky

Actually, I believe Jeremy had come down with an appendicitis and was medically unavailable for the 'cloud city hallway scene', so Mr. Morton stepped in.

From
    Wisconsin

That's one of the coolest scenes too!

Rupidupe said: View Post
    That's one of the coolest scenes too!
    I second that!

I'd never heard that before. That's a cool bit of triva. I remember hearing about putting someone else in Chewie's costume because Peter Mayhew was ill one day, and then they had to go and shoot the scene over again when Mayhew was feeling better because it was too obvious - even in the suit - that the guy was not him. He didn't move the same, or anything. He just didn't project the Chewbacca image the way Mayhew does.

Gypsyboy said: View Post
    I'd never heard that before. That's a cool bit of triva. I remember hearing about putting someone else in Chewie's costume because Peter Mayhew was ill one day, and then they had to go and shoot the scene over again when Mayhew was feeling better because it was too obvious - even in the suit - that the guy was not him. He didn't move the same, or anything. He just didn't project the Chewbacca image the way Mayhew does.
    Yeh, i'd heard that one aswell. Mayhew rocks!

From
    The miserable mill

wow, short screen time and someone else did the hallway scene?

that's sort of upsetting.

It's just that Mayhew wasn't feeling well during the filming of that scene. In the end they used him anyway, because the other guy didn't look like Chewie. I agree, they needed more Chewbacca in ESB.

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

I know this sounds dissapointing and all, but take into consideration that acting is not as easy as it seems. Even for a simple TV show you have to sacrifice alot to do the whole season or whatever.

Movies are a different case, they are much more challenging than shows or anything, the amount of hard work an actor puts into a movie is the equivalent of constantly working for 12 hours straight. The actors even deserve a break.

But then again that scene wont ever be the same knowing that a different person played boba.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Jeremy was playing an Imperial Officer on Bespin too...