Subscribe
  1. HMPOTC33 is offline HMPOTC33
    Apr 1, 2010, 5:59 PM - Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #1

Congrats Fett Officer
    I thought I'd make the official announcement that there is going to be a change to Star Tours at the Disneyland Park. TDH's own FettOfficer has been chosen to play the Boba on the StarTours update.
    How technology has changed since it first opened:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero...n-upgrade.html

Now that its officially announced, let me congratulate 501st Legion and Golden Gate Garrison's own Dean De Anda for being chosen to play Boba Fett in the new Star Tours ride! Now he is an "official" Fett, joining Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan.

Congratulations, Dean!
    Last edited by HMPOTC33; Apr 1, 2010 at 9:31 PM. Reason: update title
    Apr 1, 2010, 6:04 PM - Re: Congats Dean Our New Boba Fett Legend #2

Very cool. Man, that ride needed an upgrade for a long time.
    Apr 1, 2010, 7:26 PM - Re: Congats Dean Our New Boba Fett Legend #3

That's great! Congratulations!... Its cool that someone who's well versed (and a member here) in Fett gets that gig. Does he have to use his own armor?... maybe when I'm ready to retire I can look for a job there too! (Don't worry though... that's at least 25-30 years away)
    Apr 1, 2010, 11:39 PM - Re: Congats Dean Our New Boba Fett Legend #4

Thanks guys for the compliments. It was truly something that I was hoping to reveal months ago, but had to hold the information in confidentiality 16 months to be exact from today till the news was made public. It was a memorable experience working and meeting with LFL/ILM and WDI. I would have to say this will go down as a truly lifetime opportunity that I was very fortunate to be a part of. Now I know what Temuera M. Jeremy B. & Daniel L. had gone through in front and back of the big green screens.

I also want to Special Thank Chris aka "FettPride" and Alex aka "SpideyFett" who achieved such accomplishments with there special skills in Armor making and Paint Jobs. Both truly are work of art.
    Because of you both I got noticed...hehe!! You both know what I mean.

There are certain things I must still keep in confidentiality.
    I could say you guys are going to have a ride of a lifetime.

Thanks Again everyone for your compliments.
  5. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Apr 2, 2010, 12:31 AM - Re: Congats Dean Our New Boba Fett Legend #5

Quote FettOfficer said: View Post
    Thanks guys for the compliments. It was truly something that I was hoping to reveal months ago, but had to hold the information in confidentiality 16 months to be exact from today till the news was made public. It was a memorable experience working and meeting with LFL/ILM and WDI. I would have to say this will go down as a truly lifetime opportunity that I was very fortunate to be a part of. Now I know what Temuera M. Jeremy B. & Daniel L. had gone through in front and back of the big green screens.

I also want to Special Thank Chris aka "FettPride" and Alex aka "SpideyFett" who achieved such accomplishments with there special skills in Armor making and Paint Jobs. Both truly are work of art.
    Because of you both I got noticed...hehe!! You both know what I mean.

There are certain things I must still keep in confidentiality.
    I could say you guys are going to have a ride of a lifetime.

Thanks Again everyone for your compliments.
    Congrats brother! Well deserved.
    Apr 2, 2010, 12:35 AM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #6

I have a ?, (may be stupid), Is the florida ride getting the make over also?
    Apr 2, 2010, 12:51 AM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #7

Congrats man!
  8. HMPOTC33 is offline HMPOTC33
    Apr 2, 2010, 1:01 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #8

Tokyo for sure, and maybe WDW
    Apr 2, 2010, 1:51 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #9

Wow! This is awesome! Can't wait to see you in action!
    Apr 2, 2010, 2:04 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #10

Congrats Dean! Proud of you Brother!
    Apr 2, 2010, 2:47 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #11

Quote 22ssplt said: View Post
    I have a ?, (may be stupid), Is the florida ride getting the make over also?
    Ron, is correct in Japan. Also from what I was told it will be available in Florida, California, and Europe.
    The ride should open sometime in the summer of 2011.
    Apr 2, 2010, 4:11 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #12

Dean, congrats to you brother Glad this finally got spilled

And THANK YOU as well

Chris
    Apr 2, 2010, 6:43 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #13

Congrats, as a long time season pass holder at Disneyland I will have to say that this makeover is way over due and highly anticipated. Now when I ride it once it reopens I tell my son that daddy know Boba Fett. Once again FO congrats!!!!
    Apr 3, 2010, 12:39 AM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #14

That is really awesome! To have one of us in that position is a thrill.

Butu regarding the first post, and NOT to take away from the good news, are Don Bies and the other "SE" guys (can't remember his name) considered official, too?
    Apr 3, 2010, 10:11 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #15

woot woot!!! thats awesome!!!
    Apr 5, 2010, 12:35 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #16

Congrats Dean! Its great to see all that hard work paying off into an amazing opportunity!
    Apr 6, 2010, 3:18 PM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #17

Thanks everyone for your nice compliments. It was great working with staff from ILM & WDI on this special shoot. I've manage to make many new friends there too. Here's
    some other links which I'm certain some you have already seen.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...011_126383.asp <http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/star_tours_ii_3d_coming_in_2011_126383.asp>

http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/...912/index.html
    Apr 13, 2010, 11:39 AM - Re: Congrats Fett Officer Our New Boba Fett Legend #18

Wow, congrats!