Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Jun 8, 2011, 12:34 PM - Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #1

Hey, Im 15 and im looking to go to the next celebration down in orlando next year. Id like to go in costume and i was thinking of some mandalorian armor, not necessarily Boba or Jango armor. Anyways point is i have no idea were to begin, i dont have much money and i have no idea what i need and how to do it. I was thinking of some black and maybe gold mandolorian armor, no jetpack. Also where, or how can i get a weapon? Thanks.
    Jun 8, 2011, 12:45 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #2

Being just a mando. The mandaloiranmercs.com would be a good place to go. Although a lot of the info here would work. Best place to start is the helment. They look good on a shelf. The gun depends on what u want. Lot of coustom Mandos use nerf guns painted up. Star wars toy guns painted up.
    Jun 8, 2011, 12:51 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #3

U need a jumpsuit, Vest, neck seal , all armor front and back ,gantlets, gloves , lid, belt, boots, and weapon.
  4. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Jun 8, 2011, 1:02 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #4

I was thinking of making it from scratch so id need to know more along the lines of what ill need and how to peice it together.
  5. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Jun 8, 2011, 1:14 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #5

I was thinking of making it from scratch, so, yeah, i dunno where to start at all, you said the helmet, but i dunno what ill need or how to do it.
    Jun 8, 2011, 1:21 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #6

Search trash can armor. I bought all mine so I'm little help. Search is at top on right.
    Jun 8, 2011, 2:46 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #7

There is a wealth of reference material and archived information available to familiarize yourself with here including parts, reliable vendors, various economic alternatives and assembly guides to help nudge you on the right path in your endeavor.

Best advice I can offer is get to know the people, read up on some of the history, save up because a small investment for materials and equipment will be unavoidable and to be patient since this is a very laborious but incredibly gratifying experience that is commonly shared by everyone in this community.

These are exciting days ahead of you, good luck and welcome to TDH.
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jun 8, 2011, 2:56 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #8

Jun 9, 2011, 12:37 AM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #9

Here are some links for a fresh start for you:
    All Boba Fett Helmet Templates And Stencils - Here you find anything you need to do your mando helmet.
    WOF's Armor Templates - Here you find all you need for your armor.

Good hunting.
  10. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Jun 9, 2011, 12:46 AM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #10

Also there is a site call mandalorian mercs , you should cheek them out
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Jun 9, 2011, 2:27 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #11

Ty for all the help guys, i decided to try out the trashcan armor method for now, ima see how that goes and go from there.
    Jun 11, 2011, 4:23 PM - Re: Completely new to costuming, need answers, maybe someone to help along the way. #12

If you decide you don't like the trashcan idea, you can go to a sign shop and ask them if you can buy their scrap sintra or pvc board. I've got a pile here to work with that I picked up for $20 at a local Sign-It-Quick. It's a little thicker than trashcan, and easier to shape (and it makes you sound smarter when your non-costuming friends ask what your costume's made of). You'll need a dremel or some heavy duty blade (and a lot of patience) to cut it cleanly though.