Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cloverfield monster - Spoilers?

From
    Reading, PA

Re: Cloverfield monster - Spoilers?

Holy ****!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0_cCM2y38Q

I saw this on youtube and wrote it off as BS. But if that sketch is accurate, It really makes me wonder if it was intensional.

Edit: ??? "C r a p" is censored on this board???

From
    Northern Illinois, about 90 miles NW of Chicago and 30 mins from the Wis-Ill line

mulrich said: View Post
    Edit: ??? "C r a p" is censored on this board???
    Yeah, it's censored out.. I think it's something about postive vs. negative criticism ... There's a thread about it somewhere.

That video..... the way he edited it I thought my eyes were actually seeing a hidden image... until I rewound it and saw what he did: Digital augmentation.

I also saw another video that reveals that Toho Ltd. is going to make more Godzilla films, but not until 2013... That's the best entertainment news I've heard in a while.... aside from the announcement 2 years ago about Peter Cullen voicing Optimus Prime.

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

99centTaco said: View Post
    I just saw it this morning. Not sure what to say about it. THe shakey camera gave me a headace. Would have like to know where it camee from and if it actually died.
    They sorta explain where it came from in the end.

SPOILER

In the very last shot, where you see the ocean and the horizon, if you look out in the distance by the ferris wheel, something falls from space into the ocean, then the camera turns off and the credits roll.

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

From
    Indiana

Did you listen after all the credits and music and before the lights were turned on?

From
    Northern Illinois, about 90 miles NW of Chicago and 30 mins from the Wis-Ill line

Tuba, the last pic reminds me a lot of Cthulu..... did I spell that right?

From
    Near Cleveland, Ohio, USA

While I haven't seen it yet..I needed to make sure you see the monster in it. And what it is supposed to look like.

From
    Flagstaff, Arizona

fettswatcop said: View Post
    Did you listen after all the credits and music and before the lights were turned on?
    I totally forgot to do that. I usually stay after the credits. What happened?

I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    From
    Fear and Loathing in a Galaxy farther...away...

TeamFett said: View Post
    I totally forgot to do that. I usually stay after the credits. What happened?
    @ the very very end of the credits there is whispering at the end that sound's like Rob saying "Help Us". Someone recorded the audio and played it backwards, and it sounds like he is saying "It's Still Alive"

From
    tujunga ,cali

ya its weird so it still lived maybe a second one somehow ?? and to every one who seen it y does the girl who getts bitten expload??? i really didnt understand that was is like a invection exploading pareisit in her blood ?? any help on that one

I helped at SDCC '08 Gonzo Fett's Avatar
    From
    Fear and Loathing in a Galaxy farther...away...

There will be plenty of Cloverfield movies in the future. This one was just from the POV of the people getting stomped by the monster. The next one I am sure will concentrate on where the monster came from and why things happened in this 1st film. See....they can't answer all your questions in the 1st movie. Than there wouldn't be a need to see the sequels. The producer JJ has already been quoated to saying this is "America's Godzilla" and "there will be more movies to follow"

I saw it today. It was alright. I looked for something falling from space in the last scene, yet I missed it.

From
    Silver Spring, MD

saw the movie last night. though i went in thinking it was going to be a let down i was pretty impressed. i can't normally do the handheld video thing, but if this movie had been filmed any other way it wouldn't be as powerful. The special effects are fantastic and it kept my attention. There were questions left unanswered and a lot of people i watched it with were pissed, but i think since we as viewers were supposed to be the common civilian, we too were left in the dark like rob and beth and all them. all in all it was pretty sweet!

From
    Columbus, Ohio

I thought it was a great movie. It's funny now going back and seeing everyones ideas and concepts of what the monster was going to be abd to see how far off they were.

From
    Garfield, NJ

I have to say I was disappointed. Ususally they leave a big twist or something cool outside of the trailer, and this movie didn't. Pretty straight-forward run / blood / scream flick.

I did wait thru the credits and the 'it's still alive' , although we didn't know for sure - was expected in a cliche sort of way.

Question: At the end when the creature 'ate' the camera man, didn't it seem smaller than a creature capable of destroying NYC? And why wouldn't it just eat him whole?

Did anyone else pick up on the thing falling out of the sky into the ocean when they cut to the last Coney Island shot? I didn't but it was pointed out to me later.

Re: Cloverfield monster ?

TD-1536 said: View Post
    Gerrr...

oh no the rankor!

From
    Dark Side of the Moon

Tuskeny21 said: View Post
    I have to say I was disappointed. Ususally they leave a big twist or something cool outside of the trailer, and this movie didn't. Pretty straight-forward run / blood / scream flick.

I did wait thru the credits and the 'it's still alive' , although we didn't know for sure - was expected in a cliche sort of way.

Question: At the end when the creature 'ate' the camera man, didn't it seem smaller than a creature capable of destroying NYC? And why wouldn't it just eat him whole?

Did anyone else pick up on the thing falling out of the sky into the ocean when they cut to the last Coney Island shot? I didn't but it was pointed out to me later.
    I just got back from it. I thought it was pretty good. Its different from other monster flicks. As for the size of it, you have to use other scenes where they show different angles on it. They show many angles to show its size. I mean the thing lunged at the helicopter that was above the city's skyline. How it dosnt look big from right under the monster, thats because if you see something like that from directly underneath it, i.e. completly vertical upwards, its really hard to estimate its true size. Gotta go!

From
    The miserable mill

The movie was fantastic

The dv cam worked great. it was a total separation from the spoon fed hollywood ****. there is no foreshadowing or camera angles to spoil the chaos. 15 minutes into the movie you forget you're watching a movie, it's then a fascinating documentary of trying to survive a disaster.

i can't even call it great acting because it was completely different from acting. i can imagine the actions and reactions of the characters to be true to such an extraordinary event.

as far as creature design it actually follows some true to life biology, as far as hosts living with parasites that do not harm them, but can harm others.

even the little character development was fine, and the relationships believable.

definitely buying this one.

might even go see it again this weekend.

-Q