Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 9:27 AM - CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #1

Hi guys! We are right on the verge of another official TDH shirt but we would also like to offer a one-shot shirt for 2009 as well! However, we are flat out of ideas and would love to see your ideas! Please post your ideas here and if we pick one of your ideas we will make sure you get 3-4 shirts for yourself! While these shirt sales don't generate a lot of revenue, they do help support our efforts at events and conventions as well as help support the site itself! So lets see what you have got!
    Apr 27, 2009, 9:31 AM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #2

Ver cool!

How is the art going to be produced in the shirt? color? solid whites? etc...

This will determine what will be the best way to sketch out the design.

3. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 9:39 AM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #3

You can put your artwork to any shirt color EXCEPT BLACK. Your artwork must be of a type that works with screen printing (solid colors, no gradients) and shouldn't exceed 6 colors (fewer colors the better).
    Apr 27, 2009, 10:04 AM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #4

WHERE IS STUDIOFETT WHEN YOU NEED HIM!!!!!
    Apr 27, 2009, 10:07 AM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #5

Explain "one-shot shirt"
    I have a few ideas I may work up this week.

Also is there a deadline or cut-off date?

- Chris
  6. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 11:25 AM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #6

Art, is there any more brief, i.e, incorporation of TDH wording logo in design?
  7. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 12:14 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #7

Not sure if I completely follow you, but here are all of the "official" incantations of the TDH logo.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/faq.p...#faq_tdh_logos
  8. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 12:15 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #8

Corrose said: View Post
    Explain "one-shot shirt"
    I have a few ideas I may work up this week.

Also is there a deadline or cut-off date?

- Chris
    One-shot, meaning we will offer one run of it and retire the design.

We don't have a cut-off yet.
    Apr 27, 2009, 12:41 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #9

Awesome!!! I'd be interested in getting an exclusive T as well as the official TDH shirt Maybe I'll try coming u with a design

El1te
  10. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 1:08 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #10

This is petty cool, any chance I can get one of the logos emailed? I was after this one

to bobby@bobbyfettuk.co.uk

Cheers, got a germ of an idea.
    Apr 27, 2009, 1:40 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #11

Bobby Fett UK said: View Post

Cheers, got a germ of an idea.
    Its not Swine flu is it????? No wait, i guess thats a virus!!!

Look forward to seeing what everybody comes up with!!!
  12. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 2:18 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #12

Here is one suggestion, based off a request from one of the admin staff:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tsh_shirt_idea-jpg  
    Apr 27, 2009, 2:34 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #13

I have always been partial to my Bantha Skull shirt that was part of a run done on tubfc listserve ages and ages ago. Mine is well past it's prime and needs to be retired, but not before I have a replacement! The addition of the TDH logo on the back would be a big bonus.
    Apr 27, 2009, 2:43 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #14

ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    I would definatley wear one of those!!!!!!!!!!! That design came off of a super rare vintage cup right????
    Apr 27, 2009, 2:52 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #15

I'm in for one of these as well. Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:23 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #16

I love me some PP1, I really like that design. I will see what I can come up with.
  17. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:33 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #17

Jango's kid said: View Post
    I would definatley wear one of those!!!!!!!!!!! That design came off of a super rare vintage cup right????

Yup. I just cut another of those cups in half this morning so I could get a fresh scan off it! Just so no one thought it was my ingenious idea to put this on the shirt, and to give credit where it is due, obi-sean is the one who suggested it.

I don't know if we should leave it plain like I have it or try to modernize it a bit with some additional artwork... Thoughts?
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:34 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #18

Basic
  19. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:35 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #19

never_ending_fett said: View Post
    I have always been partial to my Bantha Skull shirt that was part of a run done on tubfc listserve ages and ages ago. Mine is well past it's prime and needs to be retired, but not before I have a replacement! The addition of the TDH logo on the back would be a big bonus.
    I know a thousand people are probably going to groan at this, but two things TDH has always shied away from are black based shirts and the Bantha skull because we felt both had been done to death and then some. Maybe the time has come to break one of those traditions (still... no black shirts!!!) and do a bantha-skull shirt.
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:37 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #20

Let's think out of of the box this time.

Something totally wild, but yet recognzilbe.
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:43 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #21

The killstripes is pretty cool too.
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:44 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #22

I know a thousand people are probably going to groan at this, but two things TDH has always shied away from are black based shirts and the Bantha skull because we felt both had been done to death and then some. Maybe the time has come to break one of those traditions (still... no black shirts!!!) and do a bantha-skull shirt.
  23. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:58 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #23

Actually... we already have that in the works but there have been some unforseen delays that will probably mean no bantha skull this time, but trust me... I have already seen the preliminary work and when we finally release it, it will be like no bantha skull you have seen before!
  24. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 27, 2009, 3:59 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #24

SEEKER said: View Post
    Let's think out of of the box this time.

Something totally wild, but yet recognzilbe.
    Alright Mr Artist.... get with it! I am all for something new and different and something that breaks the mold! Give it to us!
    Apr 27, 2009, 6:21 PM - Re: CALLING ALL ARTISTS! WE NEED YOUR SHIRT DESIGNS! #25

I had this design? awhile back.. i was going to tweak it but your feel free to use the concept. It was going to be 4 colors, on the back i would dumped the text and do something fancy with the front although, i had to keep it to one side to keep costs down. Min colors is probably the best to keep costs down anyways, Also I'm sure you guys are looking for something more aggressive.