Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Dec 14, 2012, 10:32 PM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #51

Quote mandosoldier said: View Post
    can we just ban this guy yet?
    TDH cant ban Rick for this mess this is a deal between 2 people and nothing more. I'm so tired of the bell ringers around this place............
    Dec 14, 2012, 10:50 PM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #52

Well, my only intent was to try to warn others before they wound up in a similar situation. It's unfortunate that there seem to be so many people here who don't value the integrity of the sellers out there. Good luck. Hopefully these folks don't find themselves on the receiving end of a crummy deal too one day then.

If you're trying to avoid "bell ringers" and aren't interested in the warning I'm trying to provide members then ignore the thread.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/s...enttaco-39564/
    Last edited by rackey01; Dec 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Dec 15, 2012, 2:04 AM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #53

Quote rackey01 said: View Post

Having trouble uploading Flickr Pics
    Fixed.
    Dec 15, 2012, 4:04 AM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #54

I really tried to stay clear of this one, but it really aggravates me. Is Ricks work good - yep. Does he seem like a decent guy - he sure has to me. But regardless of that, this is poor form. Rackey01 has patiently waited, tried all the pm's necessary, and after all this time, was left with what's in those pictures. I'm a cruisy guy, but I would be livid in this situation, and I truly sympathise with Rackey01. All people want is communication - and I'm sorry, but when the deal was made via this website, they shouldn't have to chase up facebook, phone numbers, emails etc - it's not exactly any harder to check your pm's on this site. heck, I've even got a shortcut icon for the site on my phone. But the one thing that grates me (apart from finishing other projects like the jetpack before this, after having it for a shorter time), is that those commissioned aren't exactly doing this out of the kindness of their hearts - people are paying good, hard earned money for these things. And then some call them out for being out of line for asking for some updates? Wow, just wow.

I apologise for the tone of this, but I'm not big on poor form. I've been asked numerous times for commissions, but haven't taken them on due to a year of getting married, going to the US, and moving house. My own helmets have taken long enough due to this, so I couldn't commit to taking someone else's money knowing all this. It's not exactly quantum physics, were talking common sense. And in the event of issues - communicate! It's easy in the modern age. Rant over, peace.
    Dec 15, 2012, 4:10 AM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #55

Quote Jayvee said: View Post
    I really tried to stay clear of this one, but it really aggravates me. Is Ricks work good - yep. Does he seem like a decent guy - he sure has to me. But regardless of that, this is poor form. Rackey01 has patiently waited, tried all the pm's necessary, and after all this time, was left with what's in those pictures. I'm a cruisy guy, but I would be livid in this situation, and I truly sympathise with Rackey01. All people want is communication - and I'm sorry, but when the deal was made via this website, they shouldn't have to chase up facebook, phone numbers, emails etc - it's not exactly any harder to check your pm's on this site. heck, I've even got a shortcut icon for the site on my phone. But the one thing that grates me (apart from finishing other projects like the jetpack before this, after having it for a shorter time), is that those commissioned aren't exactly doing this out of the kindness of their hearts - people are paying good, hard earned money for these things. And then some call them out for being out of line for asking for some updates? Wow, just wow.

I apologise for the tone of this, but I'm not big on poor form. I've been asked numerous times for commissions, but haven't taken them on due to a year of getting married, going to the US, and moving house. My own helmets have taken long enough due to this, so I couldn't commit to taking someone else's money knowing all this. It's not exactly quantum physics, were talking common sense. And in the event of issues - communicate! It's easy in the modern age. Rant over, peace.
    Not a rant, brother. Good form. You are as on point on your analysis as you are on the ROTJ paintup.

Bravo, Jayvee.
    Dec 15, 2012, 8:57 AM - Buyer beware - Ponte #56

This will be my last post. Rackey has received his sub par helmet back. I feel now we may be beating a dead horse.

Ponte informed fett4real and Scott Kaufman that the helmet had shipped as early as mid November. Told rackey it was shipped in October.

The helmet was post marked on December 11. Ponte is a confirmed liar.

I'm sure he is gonna have a hard time getting commissions after this. Rackey did a good job informing TDH.

Looking forward. Rackey I know an awesome painter in my garrison who will take care of you. If you don't want to do that. I will help you out and buy the lid from you. I hope this helps.
    Posted from iOS app
    Dec 15, 2012, 10:21 AM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #57

rackey01 PM Sent!
    Dec 15, 2012, 11:04 AM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #58

Rackey, this has turned into an unbelievable smear campaign even after receiving the helmet you TOLD me to send you back regardless of it's progress. I've asked you to keep patient for a completed, quality product and you insisted otherwise.

The helmet WAS shipped on time as originally stated in November based upon my word that I gave. I didn't find out until December that you haven't received it. I've already notified you that the postman I had given this to after paying for misplaced the package, still sitting there when I visited a second time. I explained all of this to you, shipped your package for 2-day delivery upon receiving it THAT day, and you're still dragging my name through the mud? And as far as the crack that was absolutely NOT there when I shipped it, I insured your helmet. I will be more than happy enough to take your detailed photos of the crack and file a claim with the post office.

It pains me to have to log into The Dented Helmet after a hiatus to see a lot of impatience trumping me up to "stealing" money and a helmet. It took me almost 3 years to perfect my current FPH. Life happens. I've had numerous personal problems with the VA, my school, and a whole lot more. This isn't Walmart. These helmets are NOT pre-packaged, painted, and ready to go with a UPC on the bottom of them. I've turned down 12 helmet/armor commissions since September just to ensure the completion of the others I had on hand, especially getting yours done Rackey, considering time was not a luxury you had.

Also, why aren't you showing the back panels in the photos you posted? They're painted, yet they're omitted from your posts. Pretty low move on your part.

To everyone reading this thread, consider both sides to this ordeal. This was a really unfortunate chain of events. Rackey, it seems as though you are the only customer I've had that has completely disregarded any notion of time consumption this painting takes. I have not had any other customer give me this grief over a paint job or delays.

In summary, I am not a thief, NO ONE got their money taken from them, and some people do not want to wait for quality completion for their commissions.
    Dec 15, 2012, 11:50 AM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #59

Quote Ponte said: View Post
    Rackey, this has turned into an unbelievable smear campaign even after receiving the helmet you TOLD me to send you back regardless of it's progress. I've asked you to keep patient for a completed, quality product and you insisted otherwise.

The helmet WAS shipped on time as originally stated in November based upon my word that I gave. I didn't find out until December that you haven't received it. I've already notified you that the postman I had given this to after paying for misplaced the package, still sitting there when I visited a second time. I explained all of this to you, shipped your package for 2-day delivery upon receiving it THAT day, and you're still dragging my name through the mud? And as far as the crack that was absolutely NOT there when I shipped it, I insured your helmet. I will be more than happy enough to take your detailed photos of the crack and file a claim with the post office.

It pains me to have to log into The Dented Helmet after a hiatus to see a lot of impatience trumping me up to "stealing" money and a helmet. It took me almost 3 years to perfect my current FPH. Life happens. I've had numerous personal problems with the VA, my school, and a whole lot more. This isn't Walmart. These helmets are NOT pre-packaged, painted, and ready to go with a UPC on the bottom of them. I've turned down 12 helmet/armor commissions since September just to ensure the completion of the others I had on hand, especially getting yours done Rackey, considering time was not a luxury you had.

Also, why aren't you showing the back panels in the photos you posted? They're painted, yet they're omitted from your posts. Pretty low move on your part.

To everyone reading this thread, consider both sides to this ordeal. This was a really unfortunate chain of events. Rackey, it seems as though you are the only customer I've had that has completely disregarded any notion of time consumption this painting takes. I have not had any other customer give me this grief over a paint job or delays.

In summary, I am not a thief, NO ONE got their money taken from them, and some people do not want to wait for quality completion for their commissions.

I waited 15 months for an unfinished helmet after we agreed to five for a finished helmet. You said you'd refund my money if the helmet wasn't shipped October 14th. No refund or shipped helmet. You said it was ready back in August and you'd give it to me at CVI… Come on man!… And now magically you find time to come on here finally to answer PMs or post. Finished back panels aren't a finished helmet, and they're all visible along with plenty of other pics on the Flickr site. "No one got their money taken from them"?… Are you kidding? I gave you $400 and have nothing back.
    Last edited by rackey01; Dec 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Dec 15, 2012, 12:29 PM - Buyer beware - Ponte #60

With that ****-poor job and not a COMPLETE refund short of shipping I would go ahead and bet on your name being dragged through the mud a lot more...
    Dec 15, 2012, 12:59 PM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #61

This is why you learn to paint your own stuff!
    There is plenty of info, tutorials, PDFs.

Sorry but if you want something done right do it yourself.
  12. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Dec 15, 2012, 1:23 PM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #62

Quote 22ssplt said: View Post
    I actually find threads like these helpful. It allows potential customers to know which painters / prop makers have good customer service or lack thereof, who takes years to complete orders. If it wasn't for people keeping others in check people would not be informed of issues. I personally wouldn't want to send my hard earned money away for years unless I was told ahead of time of the wait.
    Just read this thread.Amen brother.
    Dec 15, 2012, 2:18 PM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #63

You gave the turnaround time as 5 months. It is on you to keep that date or keep communication and state "blah blah happened" This may happen now and then, we understand to a point. Once efforts at communication fail, and "issues" keep happening to rise up, and then after claims of mailing and still not to have the item he was in FULL right to open a thread as it seems to be the only way to reach you.

For anyone who's been close to me on these forums will know that I just dealt with the loss of a fellow veteran to an extremely aggressive cancer. He was a dear friend, and this was something both I and his family have been dealing with for months. His memorial service was this past weekend, and is a chapter that is now closed.

Trevor: I have gotten your message today through TDH mobile app, and will be shipping your completed helmet on the 14th of October once I'm back in Virginia. Additional PM inbound.
    Lies don't help, in the above thread you stated you sent it in October, yet in the next post (11/07/12) it was sent on a Monday in November, already a month past the date you claimed to have sent it.

PM sent,
    Once I'm back to Virginia on Sunday, your helmet a long with the others, will go out Monday in addition to the $200 I already gave you for the progress delay.
    And he apparently isn't the only one yodakiller has had the same issue, as well as liquited, kind of turning into a pattern isn't it? So tell me how this is a smear campaign? He waited triple the agreed upon turnaround time, had more issues getting the item and a refund back, now has a damaged helmet and no refund and HE is the bad guy? Sure you completed the back panels. Good job, but completing part of the job isn't anything to brag about, much less chide him for not featuring. I'd be mad if you didn't get something done on it as that'd indicate you held it over a year and did nothing to it at all.
    Dec 15, 2012, 6:21 PM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #64

The mods should close this post..
    The helmet is in the hands of the owner.
    If anything else need to be resolve let it be done thru PM's.
    Dec 17, 2012, 8:18 PM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #65

I agree, shut this down before it gets out of control.
    Dec 17, 2012, 9:45 PM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #66

Things wont get out of control if people will stop posting lengthy responses the issue is over and the helmet is back in Rackys hands.
  17. Dec 18, 2012, 2:39 AM - Re: Buyer beware - Ponte #67

The helmet has arrived and the issue covered.

Any further communication can be done via PM if needed.

This thread is now locked.