Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Buyer beware - Ponte

From
    Rainbow Beach QLD Australia

Re: Buyer beware - Ponte

I had a similar problem with another member but nowhere near as long as you guys. Hope you can resolve it successfully soon, best of luck

Really this dude has had 2 helmets for 1 year +? Is it obvious to anyone else that he has no plans to return helmet/refund money? Why do we continue to tolerate this? At the least ban/remove all privs from this dude and send an email stating that he will remain so until 1. He makes contact 2. He returns helmets in same condition as he received them 3. He finishes the work and the helmets are sent and received or 4. He replaces helmets and they are received.

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

mandosoldier said: View Post
    Really this dude has had 2 helmets for 1 year +? Is it obvious to anyone else that he has no plans to return helmet/refund money? Why do we continue to tolerate this? At the least ban/remove all privs from this dude and send an email stating that he will remain so until 1. He makes contact 2. He returns helmets in same condition as he received them 3. He finishes the work and the helmets are sent and received or 4. He replaces helmets and they are received.
    I hope you get your helmet racket.
    Last edited by 22ssplt; Dec 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM.

22ssplt said: View Post
    The banning or reprimand on this forum isn't consistent. I hope these people get there stuff.
    IMO that needs to change. I know the COC says it's not their job to police every transaction, BUT taking action in instances like this is in their best interests. If I can't trust vendors or sellers here, I'll eventually stop visiting this page, however if those who, like Ponte apparently, take people's money and/or items are dealt with harshly and quickly I know that there's a higher chance of being able to trust those that are selling/offering services.

Rick,

I've sent yet another PM. backed up here since you won't respond.

There's enough info to take this to small claims and I plan to pursue this further. As with many considering the state of the economy, on principle I'm not standing by while someone steals money and property. This is not a small amount, and not something I'm going to let slide.

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States

I spoke with Rick earlier in the week regarding this and he assured me that he had sent the package off roughly two weeks ago. I believe he was contacting the courier after I informed him that you had not recieved the package.

I've had absolutely no info whatsoever from Rick after multiple PMs - no tracking info for a mysterious package either. And I'm very easy to get hold of. I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like another story… I've noticed he's visited this site several times, so he knows full well whats going on.

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

Edited for sensitivity.
    Last edited by 22ssplt; Dec 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

rackey01 said: View Post
    I've had absolutely no info whatsoever from Rick after multiple PMs - no tracking info for a mysterious package either. And I'm very easy to get hold of. I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like another story… I've noticed he's visited this site several times, so he knows full well whats going on.

OREALLY? According to what I can see Last Activity:11-07-2012 09:14 PM....not serveral times or even this month. Ive not said anything in the thread, but have been on Rick about this. He doesnt need to tarnish his name because of someone who is not willing to wait for his work. IMHO Rick might be the best ESB/ROTJ SE painter on the board. He does rediculous work. He does NOT just paint. He wont come in here to defend himself so I will as a friend. It pains me to see this, he is a bit slow on shipping things I know personally as well as other people know. But this is not like dealing with Amazon.com where something is sitting on a shelf. This is CUSTOM paint work. I paint here and there, and have been on the other end of other members work as well. I may start a thread if someones PM box is full to get their attention. But publicly coming out starting a thread like this is a bit much. I highly doubt you have exhuasted all means to get in contact with Rick Ponte. You have his name have you tried him on facebook? His cell phone? Have you tried txt messaging him? If not your being very lazy about getting your money or helmet back. If it means that much to you maybe put in some effort messaging or calling him rather then complaining about it on the board.

I really hope you get your helmet and are happy with the work he does and its not lost. Rick was worried it was lost in transit, and if he said it shipped it shipped. Hopefully insured, for both your sakes. But please stop the banter.

That's shady. How are you gonna log on and not say something.
    Mr 22ssplt whats shady IMO is stoking this fire 5 times. You have only been negative about this whole thing which makes me wonder if you have a vendetta against Ponte for some reason. Instead of offering up some sort of help to Rackey01, you only made things worse by trolling the thread. Cheer up or something, 1 time is one thing but 5 times you felt the need to comment like you did. Why not help a Fett out instead of putting two others against eachother?

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

Buyer beware - Ponte

Nope nothing personal at all, I just sold some knee darts to him a couple months. He needed them quick, sent me a couple PMs asking I ship them out ASAP. I responded immediately so I knew a paying customer would be informed. I'm going by the word of this customer and it pains me to see someone getting taking advantage of. That's how this appears. No trolling just stating opinions as do many people in numerous threads. But thanks for the heads up.

Ive ordered numerous parts from multiple vendors from this site for years. I think I've even been around longer than you. I've never had an issue with anyone not giving me a heads up. I think it is helping if some new guy comes in, doesn't do his research and gets taken advantage of. People need to be kept in check. You are right, it is custom work however no communication is terrible customer service. If someone can log onto Facebook, then why can't they log on here and help a paying customer with the info they desire.
    Posted from iOS app

Nope nothing personal at all, I just sold some knee darts to him a couple months. He needed them quick, sent me a couple PMs asking I ship them out ASAP. I responded immediately so I knew a paying customer would be informed. I'm going by the word of this customer and it pains me to see someone getting taking advantage of. That's how this appears. No trolling just stating opinions as do many people in numerous threads. But thanks for the heads up.

Ive ordered numerous parts from multiple vendors from this site for years. I think I've even been around longer than you. I've never had an issue with anyone not giving me a heads up. I think it is helping if some new guy comes in, doesn't do his research and gets taken advantage of. People need to be kept in check. You are right, it is custom work however no communication is terrible customer service. If someone can log onto Facebook, then why can't they log on here and help a paying customer with the info they desire.
    Exactly!

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    OREALLY? According to what I can see Last Activity:11-07-2012 09:14 PM....not serveral times or even this month. Ive not said anything in the thread, but have been on Rick about this. He doesnt need to tarnish his name because of someone who is not willing to wait for his work. IMHO Rick might be the best ESB/ROTJ SE painter on the board. He does rediculous work. He does NOT just paint. He wont come in here to defend himself so I will as a friend. It pains me to see this, he is a bit slow on shipping things I know personally as well as other people know. But this is not like dealing with Amazon.com where something is sitting on a shelf. This is CUSTOM paint work. I paint here and there, and have been on the other end of other members work as well. I may start a thread if someones PM box is full to get their attention. But publicly coming out starting a thread like this is a bit much. I highly doubt you have exhuasted all means to get in contact with Rick Ponte. You have his name have you tried him on facebook? His cell phone? Have you tried txt messaging him? If not your being very lazy about getting your money or helmet back. If it means that much to you maybe put in some effort messaging or calling him rather then complaining about it on the board.
    How is he not willing to wait for his work? Dude has had his item for over a year, claimed to have mailed it out with his money Oct. 14, still nothing, and HE'S the bad guy for opening a thread? This is what aggravates me, Dude A: takes commissions, takes way longer than reasonable to complete the job, proves hard to reach, and then despite claims of having sent it the item never shows. Dude B: is somehow in the wrong for after trying repeatedly to get hold of him, after being told it has been sent, opens a post to warn others of Dude A's poor service. Seems to me that he's more than been "willing to wait." Be honest with yourself if you paid lots of money to have anything painted, waited over a YEAR for it, was told it was sent out on a specific date just to have it not show up, YOU would be miffed too would you not?

I'm sorry friend of yours or not, poor service is poor service and he should be taken to task for it. If Rick is going to claim to have sent it and the $ then it's on him when neither the item nor the money show after a reasonable time has elapsed, which in this has (since Oct 14) it has.

Also slapping the word custom to paint job does not justify 1+ year wait and bad communication and lies about it being sent. Personally I don't care if the dude has been voted best painter in the universe of all time, when you say "it's done and on it's way" then it should BE done and on it's way. If he is unable to meet or keep his own deadlines then maybe he needs to rethink taking commissions. We hold all vendors ( be it selling an item or taking jobs to craft or paint armor) to a certain level of standards, we have even made entire threads to those who has been especially bad about breaking these standards (SPF etc....) so why is he any different? If a seller takes someone's money for a service it's on the seller to uphold his own imposed timeline or at least keep in honest communication with the purchaser. ( Again not saying send the purchaser a email every other day, but when they purchaser sends one, especially after you claim the item has been sent and hasn't been received, you need to make darn tootin you keep in touch. as 22 said, if you have time for facebooking, you have time to answer some messages here)

From
    Inland Empire, CA

rakcey01 does not appear to be someone who is not willing to wait for his work, just as a year and two months is not a bit slow on shipping things.

Facebook? If the deal was made on TDH, then rackey01 is WELL within his rights to post here. Once you have made several reasonable attempts to contact the person through PM, starting a thread is the responsible thing to do. I appreciate threads like this. They are a very useful service to the community as a means of self-policing as well as helping to keep everyone honest, accountable and responsible for what they say and do. I am not a believer in the 'Relax, it's only the Internet' mantra.

And in my opinion, rackey01 is NOWHERE close to harrassing. His attitude seems to be calm and level-headed, but firm. I applaud his poise.

I'm a member of several message boards like this, and have been a member at several more. I have NEVER seem more delays and more ridiculous excuses than I've seen here. I honestly don't understand why so many members here are so accepting of it. The people here are nicer than at some of those boards, yes (I DARE anyone to go to HondaSociety), but it seems like sometimes that niceness gets taken advantage of.

Here is The Formula: Seller/buyer make a deal for goods/services (Fett helmet), price is negotiated ($500), timeframe is set (3 months), payment is made (PayPal payment sent and confirmed), goods/services delivered in a timely manner (tracking number provided). END OF STORY.

Delays happen. Yes. Unforseen emergencies pop up. Of course. But refusing to answer PMs? Garbage. Not following through on several self-granted extensions? Major garbage.

I gave away a Borden connector in The Cargo Hold, and I was sweating it because I mailed it two days after I said I would! And it was free to the person in every way!

Custom work, being backed up, biting off more than one can chew is ZERO excuse. Honor your word. And if, for some reason, you can't make the deadline? Shoot a PM. We all know here that the waiting game is part of the hobby, but that doesn't mean that we cannot still demand accountability. I would be willing to bet 95% of us here would simply say 'No problem' if a seller/commissioned artist asked for an additional 2 weeks or so. When 2 weeks becomes 4 weeks, and 1 month becomes 3 months and PMs are not responded to, or excuse after excuse after excuse is given, etc., is when anybody is completely justified in taking it to the boards.

To be sure, I do want to say that the VAST majority of transactions I've made here have been FLAWLESS. But I do get fired up when I get the shaft, or when I see it happen to others.

From
    Galati, Romania

rubio95 said: View Post
    Here is The Formula: Seller/buyer make a deal for goods/services (Fett helmet), price is negotiated ($500), timeframe is set (3 months), payment is made (PayPal payment sent and confirmed), goods/services delivered in a timely manner (tracking number provided). END OF STORY.
    I couldn't agree more! Honesty through communication is (should be) the motor of all good business!

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Thing is we dont know the details of their sale, its NEVER been stated by either of them. So for all that any of us know he said take your time or Im in no rush...was there a time frame set up in the beginning they obviously spoke about the delay as there was a refund of $200 or so it seems. Im sure theres more to this story then meets the eye.

Maybe so but above he claims to have both sent the helmet and the refund
    And both have yet to be received, that part alone is indicative of a real issue and all this
    Time has passed and he hasn't been back on since?

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Thing is we dont know the details of their sale, its NEVER been stated by either of them. So for all that any of us know he said take your time or Im in no rush...was there a time frame set up in the beginning they obviously spoke about the delay as there was a refund of $200 or so it seems. Im sure theres more to this story then meets the eye.

These are the details.

An agreement was made to send an ASOK helmet for paint in September 2011. Payment would be made in three installments of $200 each. First payment on initially sending the helmet out FedEx at the end of September. The agreed time frame was five months. Second payment was sent in November 2011 (rather quickly) due to Ponte's understandable request for funds for painting supplies etc.. The third payment was agreed to be paid on completion of the helmet in late Feb, early March at the latest. The third payment wasn't refunded, I didn't send it since the helmet was never completed. And from march onwards I either had very little contact in the form of replies to my PMs or was strung along with story after story. After multiple delays and excuses I suggested just returning the helmet to me in whatever state it was in and calling the whole thing quits. I was unable to even get the helmet returned. Ponte graciously suggested I keep the final $200 payment. And even went as far as promising a complete refund should the helmet not be sent out last month. Of course I have received no helmet or refund as of now. The latest is the helmet was lost in the mail, and is now on it's way to me yet again… I'll see I guess.

The whole reason for beginning this thread was to try to prevent others from suffering the same frustrations. If a deal is made and the details are all up front that is what should be expected. Don't promise to carry out work you're either unable or unwilling to complete as agreed upon. Who would put up with treatment like this in other areas of business? Just because this is a 'hobby' is no excuse. Either do what you say you're going to or don't get involved in the first place. There has to be some sort of self policing on these sites since we're not afforded the luxuries of buyer and seller ratings like Ebay etc. No amount of lost property or money is a small expense for people in these messy economic times, and I'm not one to sit back and take it, at least without warning others to beware of what they might be dealing with.

Update,

A cracked unfinished helmet showed up today after a fifteen month wait… No refund.

Hopefully no one else falls for this ****.

From
    Pennsylvania

I know this may seem like trolling, but I am glad posts like this exist. Ponte contacted me about possibly painting my Asok CC in exchange for my GG boba and HIC statue. If this transaction is an example of how his deals work then I would have been out a helmet AND a hard to find statue.
    I just posed here to show that these kids of posts actually do benefit the members here and are not just for ranting and raving.

Buyer beware - Ponte

rackey01 said: View Post
    Update,

A cracked unfinished helmet showed up today after a fifteen month wait… No refund.

Hopefully no one else falls for this ****.
    WOW.... No words... Do you have pictures? How bad is the crack?

Something needs to be done about this. I also find it very ironic that he had the excuses that he had yet he was able to finish the paint job on that FP Jetpack that he couldn't have had that long being that its almost brand new to the Fettpride lineup..

can we just ban this guy yet?

From
    madison,ms.

U need to post pics if your going to say things like that. If cracked thats one thing ( could be PO fault or could be packing ) pics !! Unfinished ?? What did he not finish ? Pics ?

dlzx9r said: View Post
    U need to post pics if your going to say things like that. If cracked thats one thing ( could be PO fault or could be packing ) pics !! Unfinished ?? What did he not finish ? Pics ?
    Don't worry, I'll post pics tomorrow. He did not finish the paint job! What else would he not finish?...

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

JodoKast89 said: View Post
    WOW.... No words... Do you have pictures? How bad is the crack?

Something needs to be done about this. I also find it very ironic that he had the excuses that he had yet he was able to finish the paint job on that FP Jetpack that he couldn't have had that long being that its almost brand new to the Fettpride lineup..

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed the FP jetpack timing.

Rackey post up a pic brother. Lets see what the received product is.
    Last edited by 22ssplt; Dec 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM.