Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Buyer beware - Ponte

Buyer beware - Ponte

Hi All,

just a warning for anyone who might be thinking of dealing with Ponte (Rick) regarding a sale or commission work.

i sent him an Asok helmet over a year ago for a painting commission along with a sum of money in a few installments and stiil have nothing to show for it, and no replys to recent emails.

i recommend staying away from any dealings with him. Trevor

From
    Modesto, California

Re: Buyer beware - Ponte

rackey01 said: View Post
    Hi All,

just a warning for anyone who might be thinking of dealing with Ponte (Rick) regarding a sale or commission work.

i sent him an Asok helmet over a year ago for a painting commission along with a sum of money in a few installments and stiil have nothing to show for it, and no replys to recent emails.

wow that sucks! I asked him about a commission not to long ago. Hope it all works out for you.
    Last edited by sleepalot; Oct 7, 2012 at 6:29 PM.

From
    Chantilly, VA

For anyone who's been close to me on these forums will know that I just dealt with the loss of a fellow veteran to an extremely aggressive cancer. He was a dear friend, and this was something both I and his family have been dealing with for months. His memorial service was this past weekend, and is a chapter that is now closed.

Trevor: I have gotten your message today through TDH mobile app, and will be shipping your completed helmet on the 14th of October once I'm back in Virginia. Additional PM inbound.

We've all got our problems going on in life, and a few seconds to send me a message of reassurance or update isn't too much to ask. I'm sorry for your loss, but come on! You've had my helmet and money for a year!!!

I'm looking forward to maybe seeing your work, however at this stage I'll believe it when I see it...

rackey01 said: View Post
    Hi All,

But it's OK for Fettpride to take over 2 years?
    oh the double standards that exist.

Buyer beware - Ponte

slave1pilot said: View Post
    But it's OK for Fettpride to take over 2 years?
    oh the double standards that exist.
    You really get on Chris any chance you get don't you? Seriously, are you a 14 year old or something? I've had multiple dealings with Chris and have been astounded that he can even do what he does as a 1-man show. Every post I see from you bashes him in some way, yet you still sport his work? Drop the attitude about FP, I'm sure many will agree that it's getting old...

From
    LR,Arkansas

I think Nathan is within his right to speak his mind.

Buyer beware - Ponte

I always look for S1P comments lol
    Posted from iOS app

Buyer beware - Ponte

woodman said: View Post
    I think Nathan is within his right to speak his mind.
    Everyone has the right to speak their minds, but there's a point where it gets to utter harassment. This thread has nothing to do with FP yet S1P feels the need to use it as an opportunity to speak his mind and make his case because he's failed elsewhere in doing so. Accept the part and move on already; or keep it up and do damage to yourself by providing a negative image to potential customers. Honestly I considered buying one one S1P's products but won't simply due to immaturity like is being displayed here.

Ponte said: View Post
    For anyone who's been close to me on these forums will know that I just dealt with the loss of a fellow veteran to an extremely aggressive cancer. He was a dear friend, and this was something both I and his family have been dealing with for months. His memorial service was this past weekend, and is a chapter that is now closed.

Trevor: I have gotten your message today through TDH mobile app, and will be shipping your completed helmet on the 14th of October once I'm back in Virginia. Additional PM inbound.

Today is Friday 19th. Did you send the helmet yet Rick?...

Where's the helmet Rick? Tomorrow came and went again four days ago!...

He was commissioned in March 2010 to paint my FP guantlets and armor. I got the guantlets in july/august of 2011 and the armor in March 2012. Most of the delay was due to his schedule in the army and college. While the waiting was a big pain in the butt for me I believe Rick is an honorable man and he did come thru. He may be slow at times,but he does an incredibly accurate paint job. You will get your stuff. You just have to keep on him.

From
    LR,Arkansas

You really should take this to PM's. Surely you have Ricks' email and he's on FB.

Buyer beware - Ponte

Is there no moderator or admin to step in and resolve this issue?! Just so neither side gets their name tainted over a possible misunderstanding?! Just my two cents :-/
    Posted from iOS app

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

Buyer beware - Ponte

I actually find threads like these helpful. It allows potential customers to know which painters / prop makers have good customer service or lack thereof, who takes years to complete orders. If it wasn't for people keeping others in check people would not be informed of issues. I personally wouldn't want to send my hard earned money away for years unless I was told ahead of time of the wait.
    Posted from iOS app

yeah upon looking for a helmet painted seeing a thread like this that someone already took 2 years for a armor paint, and has taken another job just to keep leading the customer on by saying "oh it's in the mail etc..." would tell me that he's probably not the guy to go to, instead of all this occurring in PM's and allowing the guy to do this to many at a time. The solution is simple, don't want your rep tarnished? Do what you say you will. easy as that.

If I could ever get an answer from a PM I sent to him I would keep this in private. However, I'm constantly being strung along with one convoluted story after another, with no end in sight. I don't want anyone else to fall into this ****** situation. I realize most people on these boards have integrity and are trustworthy, but there are unfortunately some to be wary of. I expect if you were told up front that your prop may take up to two years or more and not to expect any updates one might think about saving their money or spending it on a more reliable source.

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

Buyer beware - Ponte

Unfortunately we have about 3 major players on this board that fall into this category. New guys should be educated on this. Since the feedback system on here is flawed, this is the only way to keep people in check and others informed of issues like this.
    Posted from iOS app

From
    LR,Arkansas
    Well suit yourself since Rick isn't posting in the thread you tread a fine line where you could be accused of harassment if taken past a point and then find yourself in trouble
    Posted from Android app

Then Rick should post! Woody. This guy can take my money and disappear and potentially subject others to the same fate. This is the only recourse I have under these circumstances. Unless there's a Dented Helmet small claims court and group of lawyers I should be aware of...
    Last edited by rackey01; Nov 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM.

From
    Chantilly, VA

PM sent,

Once I'm back to Virginia on Sunday, your helmet a long with the others, will go out Monday in addition to the $200 I already gave you for the progress delay.

Today's the 13th... Did this get sent out?

So it's the 21st now. Ponte, I've sent you PMs that are unanswered, so I'll try here again. No helmet, no word, and clearly no refund either...

I really hope no one else falls for this con.

Buyer beware - Ponte

I've been following this thread quietly. Rick also has one of my helmets to paint (also an Asok's CC). He has had it for a year or longer. I've been promised to receive my helmet several times, the first being back in February of this year. Several communications and promises later and I still have nothing to show. The last communication we had I was informed my helmet along with another would go out in October.
    Posted from iOS app

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

Edited for sensitivity.
    Last edited by 22ssplt; Dec 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM.