Budget Voice Changer

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
I have been on the lookout for a voice changer and thought i'd give this thing a try. Its sold by Maplins and cost me approx $8. I have already stripped it out and I'm in the process of rigging it to fit my Fett costume. The circuit board fits nicely into a hip pouch , as does the seperate speaker. The mic i am putting onto head frame (see pic).

Whilst its not as good as a ROM FX this thing has multiple 'voices'. A couple of which are deep and gravely :), Also its a little louder than my own voice

This will do me for the time being

voice.jpg

Picture-3.jpg

Heh, that is pretty interesting. You should do a video with you suited up with the diff voices so we get an idea of what it is like :D

El1te

Lol m8, dunno about yours but I got my kids one each for Xmas and there's sound terrible, though to be fair all they do is scream into theirs ;)

I have broken the changer apart and started the rewiring. need to get some thinner wire tomorrow but have figured out what i need to do. I have also covered the head frame in a rubber tube (so much more comfortable)

Picture001-1.jpg

My god, are my eye brows really that big :eek:

Picture002-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back