Subscribe
    Jun 11, 2009, 3:24 AM - Bored artist needed... and input from others. #1

I've initiated a Fan Film project on my own free time. Nothing fancy just yet. I've got a script going and started to work on some concept sketches. I also have a director in mind. (same guy who is making Threads of Destiny) It's about a group of Snowtroopers called "Nexu Squad".

Anyways.. i've started working on the squad banner but i don't have the skills to make the most out of its potential. (And hopefully help to sell the idea to the director.)

here is my first concept sketch made in... bear with me.. MS Paint.

*** The text is supposed to be Aurabesh or some other "alien text" later. If you have any suggestions for another Squad motto i'm all ears ***

But i was also thinking of adding more life to the banner by addig highlights to the banner showing a pouncing Nexu.

again.. MS Paint

What i'm looking for if someone could take pity on my MS Paint skills and pimp it up a bit.

There is no time presure as this is still in its craddle and i can't really offer anything more than the credits in the credit roll and a virtual "bromance" hug as a thank you.

Also.. any.. and i do mean any. creative input or crtitique is welcome
    Jun 11, 2009, 3:35 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #2

Sounds cool
    Jun 11, 2009, 4:15 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #3

Good luck with your film. (opinion) The wording is a bit long-winded....a more focused hook would be better.
    Jun 11, 2009, 4:24 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #4

Quote ShocKWavE said: View Post
    Good luck with your film. (opinion) The wording is a bit long-winded....a more focused hook would be better.
    I agree... the current motto was a combination of "no guts, no glory" and "long live the empire"

At first it was "Through force we shall overcome all" but i felt it somehow lacked the fury and determination of a Nexu.

not that the current one does the trick either, really.
  5. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Jun 11, 2009, 8:17 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #5

your cog is crooked
    Jun 11, 2009, 9:15 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #6

I really like the potential on the top sketch. I don't think you need more detail than the eyes and the fangs if you do it right. I agree that there's too much text. Can it just be the cog, teeth and eyes, without any text?
    Jun 11, 2009, 9:16 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #7

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    your cog is crooked

He.. go figure.. and here i've been trying to align it properly using a compass, ruler, a digital watch, a sun-dial and a no2 lead pencil and i still couldn't get it straight!
  8. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 11, 2009, 9:19 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #8

I agree that no text would be best, but most military groups do have some type of motto. I think the "With the Empire - To the end" is the most ominous and harkens to the brainwashed following of the Nazis, which is exactly what an Imperial group should be. Devoted and completely commited even though the leaders are insane and the cause unjust.
  9. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 11, 2009, 9:49 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #9

Also wondering if you wouldn't be better served with the logo in a circle instead of a banner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nexu.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	34133  
    Jun 11, 2009, 11:51 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #10

Interesting. I think some square or diamond, or a shape with angles would be meaner than a circle, though. Here's a take on the teeth and eyes. I think symmetry in a design like this could look really cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nexu.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	34138  
  11. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jun 11, 2009, 11:58 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #11

Oooohhh... I like that one!!! Excellent job, Rich! That looks vicious!
    Jun 11, 2009, 1:26 PM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #12

Here are some paths if somebody else wants to play around with this logo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jun 13, 2009, 1:57 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #13

Awesome job Count Dookie! thanks for taking your time and working on the graphic. it's leaps and bounds better than what i ever could have made. Big thank you.

and I like the diamond shape... i'm gonna work some more on that and see where it takes me..
  14. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Jun 13, 2009, 9:15 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #14

Need any music for the project mate?

Im pimping my services - I need some more virtual hugs!

Dave
    Jun 13, 2009, 11:02 AM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #15

"We move like the Blizzard
    We are mighty, like the Glacier
    We are deadly as the cold..."
  16. The Sniffer is offline The Sniffer
    Jun 13, 2009, 4:36 PM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #16

Will there be any Vixen content?

Sniff on future director! Sniff on my brother & dear friend!
    Jun 14, 2009, 1:16 PM - Re: Bored artist needed... and input from others. #17

Quote mckenic said: View Post
    Need any music for the project mate?

Im pimping my services - I need some more virtual hugs!

Dave
    If we the project gets that far i'll have your name in consideration. Do you have any website or similar where one can sample some of your work?

Quote The Sniffer said:
    Will there be any Vixen content?

Sniff on future director! Sniff on my brother & dear friend!
    At this point there is none.. but i'll see if i can't send you a pair of used garment for you to enjoy after the conclusion of the shooting