Subscribe
    Nov 11, 2013, 12:13 PM - Boba Fett video from the San Anselmo Parade! #1

There was some hint on the The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Enhanced Edition) eBook that there are some rare videos too, so I hoped that there is at least one with Boba Fett... Here is a summary of this release:

This enhanced eBook transforms The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back into an immersive multimedia experience worthy of the original film. It features exclusive content pulled from the Lucasfilm archives by author J. W. Rinzler:

• 28 minutes of rare behind-the-scenes video*
    • 29 minutes of rare audio interviews with the cast and crew
    • New bonus photos and artwork not found in the print edition

In this lavish thirtieth-anniversary tribute to the blockbuster film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, New York Times bestselling author J. W. Rinzler draws back the curtain to reveal the intense drama and magnificent wizardry behind the hit movie — arguably the fan favorite of the Star Wars Saga.
    Thanks to Locitus for pointing me to this facebook account which has this video (taken from the eBook) ==> Silent video from pre-Empire release

What we can see in that video is the first public appearance of Boba Fett (in the Pre-Pro #1 suit), more exactly from September 24, 1978 at the San Anselmo Country Fair parade.

Some interesting facts just by looking at the video:
    1 - The jetpack is still working, and when I say still, I'm talking about the Supertrooper jetpack that was converted to the Pre-Pro #1/Pre-Pro #3 jetpack:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP1 041.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	72777 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP1 042.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	290.5 KB 
ID:	72778

2 - The hose connector (the one attached to the right gauntlet) looks like an unpainted Supertrooper connector, while the hose is in the loose position, more exactly it is not inserted through the jumpsuit sleeve:

Name:	PP1 008.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	72779 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP1 012.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	277.4 KB 
ID:	72780 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP1 030.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	72781

3 - The wookie braids are on the wrong side - the left shoulder:

Name:	PP1 036.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	72782

4 - The left gauntlet is still hold in place/closed with black duct tape:

Name:	PP1 013.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	72783 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP1 034.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	274.7 KB 
ID:	72784

Thoughts?

Update 12-11-2013
    ------------------------------------
    According to the aforementioned book, Duwayne Dunham was in the Boba Fett suit; he was also the one who wore the Supertrooper suit at Park House:

The day of the test, Dunham exhibited Fett’s wrist flamethrower, which ILM had rigged up - unfortunately, his arm caught on fire because of a propane leak and that idea was scrapped. The CO2 cannister in the jetpack worked fine, though.
    Last edited by RafalFett; Nov 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Added more info.
    Nov 11, 2013, 1:50 PM - Re: Boba Fett video from the San Anselmo Parade! #2

Nice find Raf. I like the duct tape, they must have still been in the early stages of deciding what they were going to make the suit look like. Too bad the film is starting to break down, photo and motion picture film from around that time used chemicals that are starting to cause the film to fade and degrade.
    Nov 12, 2013, 12:23 PM - Re: Boba Fett video from the San Anselmo Parade! #3

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    Nice find Raf. I like the duct tape, they must have still been in the early stages of deciding what they were going to make the suit look like. Too bad the film is starting to break down, photo and motion picture film from around that time used chemicals that are starting to cause the film to fade and degrade.
    Thanks, JC! While the video is not the best quality, I'm still happy that I can see the Pre-Pro #1 in action, not just in photos. I was hoping to see some better close-ups of the helmet, especially the back area, but with no luck...

I also updated the end of the first post with some info.
    Last edited by RafalFett; Nov 27, 2013 at 5:33 AM. Reason: Text corrected.
    Nov 12, 2013, 10:23 PM - Re: Boba Fett video from the San Anselmo Parade! #4

Amazing! I knew about the event, but had only seen photographs. This is the first video I've seen. Excellent!
    Nov 13, 2013, 1:44 AM - Re: Boba Fett video from the San Anselmo Parade! #5

Nice find!!!

Always a fan of 8mm film
    Nov 13, 2013, 2:29 AM - Re: Boba Fett video from the San Anselmo Parade! #6

Quote zebrabuse said: View Post
    Amazing! I knew about the event, but had only seen photographs. This is the first video I've seen. Excellent!
    Quote DeathProof said: View Post
    Nice find!!!

Always a fan of 8mm film
    Thanks! The credit goes to Locitus for pointing me in the right direction!
    Nov 13, 2013, 7:33 AM - Re: Boba Fett video from the San Anselmo Parade! #7

seeing this video, makes staring at all the pictures worth it! hard to imagine that 35 years ago, this was the " camera phone". imagine what we will have in another 35 years. people will say" ohh that hologram looks alittle fuzzy.."
    regardless who found it, thanks for sharing!!
  8. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Nov 13, 2013, 10:31 AM - Re: Boba Fett video from the San Anselmo Parade! #8

That was some pretty cool vintage video. Nice find for sure!