Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Jan 8, 2014, 4:53 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #26

Rubio95=party pooper

A boy can dream..... It could damage the character.... I get that. It could NOT be worse than episodes 1-3.....
    Jan 8, 2014, 7:40 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #27

Quote syllander said: View Post
    Rubio95=party pooper
    It could NOT be worse than episodes 1-3.....
    Ever see the Green Lantern? What about Daredevil?

These one off super hero movies are pretty much the same format I think this movie will take.
    Jan 8, 2014, 7:51 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #28

Just trying to be positive....oh well. At least we've always got ESB and ROTJ....up to the sarlacc pit anyway.

Any word on a possible story line for Star Wars ep 7 yet? Surely there has to be some major villain coming up right? Is there something wrong that I turn the bad guys into my good guys?
    Jan 8, 2014, 8:00 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #29

I think most of us like the bad guys more. The good guys like luke are usually whinny and annoying. The only cool good guy was Han and he wasn't always good.
    Jan 8, 2014, 8:25 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #30

As for story for Episode 7...I have no idea. They are bringing back Hamill, Fisher and Ford, which is nice, but I hope they don't focus on them. They are 30 years older, and I think most people's expectations of them would be way too high. When I saw Harrison Ford in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, part of me died. So if they took the route of Han/Leia's kids, that would be cool, and the rebirth of the Jedi Order.
    Jan 8, 2014, 10:01 PM - #31

I've read somewhere today that the Fett movie is to take place before ESB, which is a great area for stories to come from (Dash Rendar & a great video game). The exciting part of this though is the screen play is being written by the same guy who penned ESB as well as ROTJ, Kardan. I'm looking forward to Fett getting screen time. It will certainly put the demand for us "troopers" out there. So get your helmets ready!
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
    Jan 9, 2014, 10:45 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #32

Yeah, I'm VERY curious what variation of Fett's costume they'll use in this spin-off the most. Would be cool to see him start off with a "clean" set of armor. I know he supposedly pieced them together, but his armors have always coordinated in some way so it'd be cool to see how he gets the wear and tear on them. Knowing Disney, they'll probably even include how he got the dent.
    Jan 9, 2014, 11:32 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #33

Quote rubio95 said: View Post

Absolutely no way on Earth that this happens (the helmet part).

If they follow through with this, Hollywood formula DEMANDS that the mask comes off for most of the movie. The audience must see the protagonist's face. One of the few exceptions that I can think of is 'V for Vendetta,' but that character 1.) has a mask that looked like a human face and 2.) is extremely talkative. Boba Fett has/is neither. The movie would also DEMAND a love interest.
    While I agree this is a common formula seen in Hollywood movies, I disagree that this is such a hard and fast "rule". Not that it was a cinematic masterpiece (though I liked it), the most recent aforementioned Dredd movie did a decent job handling a "mysterious, helmeted bada$$" protagonist that managed to avoid getting tangled up in a love story. It may not be common but I think a movies with this formula are certainly possible.
    Jan 10, 2014, 12:04 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #34

Quote Wolfsburg said: View Post
    While I agree this is a common formula seen in Hollywood movies, I disagree that this is such a hard and fast "rule". Not that it was a cinematic masterpiece (though I liked it), the most recent aforementioned Dredd movie did a decent job handling a "mysterious, helmeted bada$$" protagonist that managed to avoid getting tangled up in a love story. It may not be common but I think a movies with this formula are certainly possible.
    According to Wikipedia, the budget for Dredd was 45 million.

The box office take? 41 million.

That's a strong indicator of what happens when you stray from the formula, these days.

Again, I'm not trying to rain on the parade, I'm just looking at the logistics of a project like this.
    Jan 10, 2014, 5:01 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #35

That is a **** shame, sorry to go off topic but Dredd was a great flick, I knew it wasn't a box office hit but I never realised it did so poorly, was really looking forward to a sequel, possible not now though...

Anyway, fett film, as many have said before and possibly will after, that will be a tough one to do right, could easily go wrong, simply by removing his helmet, which has also already been said, basically I can't think of anything original to add to the conversation so repeating other people's comments

Quote rubio95 said: View Post
    According to Wikipedia, the budget for Dredd was 45 million.

The box office take? 41 million.

That's a strong indicator of what happens when you stray from the formula, these days.

Again, I'm not trying to rain on the parade, I'm just looking at the logistics of a project like this.
    Jan 10, 2014, 5:16 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #36

It seems to have done extremely well on home media, probably due to word of mouth. Dredd was poorly marketed and also came out at the tail end of a pretty big summer, so it pretty much slipped under the radar. Add in the fact that I know a lot of people were immediately turned off because of the Stallone version, and I'm not sure if it was true all over the world but they only had it in 3D where I lived so I know that was a turn off to alot of people.

Honestly, the only reason I'm so optimistic is because, IM3 aside, I think Disney's done a great job on their big movies with Marvel and I really don't expect them to drop the ball with the SW franchise. I have hope they can do a great job. Until I see otherwise, I'll keep my cup half-full.
    Jan 10, 2014, 6:28 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #37

Yeah personally I think Dredd's lackluster performance had more to do with the lingering negative stigma of the Stallone Dredd and Dredd perhaps appealing to a more niche market rather than the fact it didn't follow the typical Hollywood formula. I think the simple fact that Fett is a product of Star Wars and is one of its most popular and recognizable characters would go a long way toward overcoming what I think were Dredd's shortcomings.
    Jan 11, 2014, 12:52 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #38

Yeah personally I think Dredd's lackluster performance had more to do with the lingering negative stigma of the Stallone Dredd and Dredd perhaps appealing to a more niche market rather than the fact it didn't follow the typical Hollywood formula.
    Main reason I didn't see it in theatre. Although the only thing that really made me howl was the fact that they reused this line...

http://youtu.be/wvJiYrRcfQo

Holy **** I forgot Rob Schneider was in that...HAH!
    Jan 12, 2014, 1:54 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #39

Yeah, I was the same way. I didn't care at all to see it but wound up going with a buddy because no one else would go with him. To my surprise, not only was the movie better than I expected but I actually enjoyed it!
    Jan 14, 2014, 12:00 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #40

Anyway, if they do make a Boba Fett movie, the helmet needs to stay on at all times.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e67e5e243a4cfcfa98eb9b562c8d58bf.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	73912

Jan 14, 2014, 3:00 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #41

Haha! Yep! That's the only face I need to see!
    Jan 16, 2014, 1:09 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #42

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if Hayden came back and played Boba?!.....
    Jan 16, 2014, 1:27 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #43

Quote dynamic1 said: View Post
    Wouldn't it be AWESOME if Hayden came back and played Boba?!.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darthnoooooo.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	73942

He already ruined one character...

When he popped into ROTJ I swear my heart stopped.
    Jan 16, 2014, 1:44 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #44

Man dynamic1, that was just mean.
    Jan 17, 2014, 1:57 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #45

Ha! Just rumors at this point, but looks like some of us might get our wish afterall. Or the rumor mongers saw this thread...

The 4 Most Important Star Wars Stories Of The Year (So far) - Latino-Review.com

Strap in, a lot of you aren’t going to like this.

To counter-act the prequels, the Boba Fett spin-off movie planned for 2018 has an interesting twist pitched by Episode VII writer Lawrence Kasdan: the spin-off will start with a complete stranger killing Boba Fett and taking his armor, starting a Man-With-No-Name bounty hunter tale. So: someone kills the Boba Fett from the prequels and takes his armor and name. One this is for certain is that Kasdan didn’t like the prequel and wants no Bobba Fett Clone in the spin-off film.

Sounds a lot like a Western and it sounds like it could restore a fan-favorite character that was totally a little boy with thousands of versions of his father running around. Or it could just be a lot of stupid rib-elbowing about this stranger doomed to fall into a Sarlaac pit in the most anti-climatic franchise exit ever.

Lastly I was told by 3 sources, reps etc, etc…(so call who ever you want) that Captain American director Joe Johnston is on top of the list to direct the spin-off, which makes sort of sense since he began his career as a concept artist and effects technician on the first Star Wars film. REMEMBER NOW before you all go and say he’s directing the project, I never said he has the job, just that he’s on top of the list, lets get that perfectly clear.
    Jan 17, 2014, 3:43 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #46

Awww. It would be a shame if they had to redo the voice in ESB again, wouldn't it?
    Jan 17, 2014, 9:52 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #47

It really can't get into anymore better hands than with Kasdan writing and Joe Johnston directing. I can't even see any "suits" getting in the way of their story. 2018 is just such a long time away
    Jan 17, 2014, 10:10 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #48

I though their schedule was a Star Wars movie every year?

Episode VII : 2015
    Spinoff :2016
    Episode VIII : 2017
    Spinoff : 2018
    Episode IX : 2019

Ok, now that I actually type it out, there is a spinoff in 2018, but why would rumours stir about the second one before the first?
    Jan 17, 2014, 11:34 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #49

Assuming there's anything to this at all, I suppose rumors are where you find them. My understanding is that these spinoffs are being worked on concurrently so I suppose it's plausible that a rumor regarding the (alleged) Boba Fett spin-off could've leaked first.