Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. catbread's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    162
    Jan 5, 2014, 5:49 PM - Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #1

    Boba Fett Movie: ?Star Wars? Spinoff Confirmed, In Pre-Production

    My apologies if this has already been posted else where
  2. Jc27's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,773
    Jan 5, 2014, 7:27 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #2

    It would be nice if the movie ends once and for all the debate of whether or not he got out of the sarlacc pit.
  3. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    756
    Jan 5, 2014, 7:40 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #3

    Doubtful there Jc27. Think this one comes on between epi 4 and 5....
  4. Verbal21's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    550
    Jan 5, 2014, 10:25 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #4

    They could always bookend it with him getting out and then the movie being a flashback. That's always an option.
  5. Jc27's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,773
    Jan 6, 2014, 1:36 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #5

    I don't care how they do it, I just hope that it happens. I am tired of people saying "he dies in ROTJ", even though I have read that George himself had said that he did get out of the pit, but some people say because the sarlacc burped and they didn't actually show him getting out that he died. I also hope that they get someone who can actually act, not like Hayden (he sucked), and maybe even give JB a part in it.
  6. Wolfsburg's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    234
    Jan 6, 2014, 2:22 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #6

    I don't think a Boba movie is confirmed just yet (though I suspect it's just a matter of time). In expressing his disregard for the EU, I thought George has said that Boba did indeed die in the Sarlacc?
  7. animefan's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Posts
    279
    Jan 6, 2014, 7:09 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #7

    Jc27 said: View Post
    It would be nice if the movie ends once and for all the debate of whether or not he got out of the sarlacc pit.
    He did get out of the sarlacc pit theres 3 books about it
  8. Jc27's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,773
    Jan 6, 2014, 9:08 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #8

    Yeah, but there are people that think the EU books do not count; if it didn't happen in the movie it never happened.
  9. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    756
    Jan 6, 2014, 9:41 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #9

    Please no Hayden!!!!And leave the dang helmet on. And can he sound like the snake biting, gun toting westerner that they used in ESB??? I ask too much.
  10. Sixxgunn13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,585
    Jan 6, 2014, 10:42 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #10

    This movie is the worst thing for Boba Fett,
    His mysterious origin and lack of merchandise, compared to Darth, Yoda and R2,
    Is what made him cool.

    Having a full movie about him will kill him as a cool character.

    I love Boba Fett but to make him mainstream sucks IMO.
  11. DeathProof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    698
    Jan 7, 2014, 12:04 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #11

    I'm gonna have to side with sixxgunn13 on this one.

    Giving Fett the spotlight isn't really what he needs. While I have not read most of the books, his mysteriousness character really grew for me in the comics. With the amount of info already on him from the EU, it's like there is no need to make a movie. I think the only reason people want this movie to be made is to confirm that he survived the sarlaac. That's it.

    Like any book turned into a movie, this has great potential to ruin what we already love about this character. I still have a hard time watching the special edition with his voice changed (which they most likely will use, and already turns me off)
  12. Matty Matt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    425
    Jan 7, 2014, 6:30 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #12

    Yeah, I don't like the sound of this. It has potential to be really cool, but I always loved the mystery of the character and they've already kind of ruined that with the prequels.
  13. redkraytdragon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,068
    Jan 7, 2014, 6:57 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #13

    Totally agree with you 'Sixx', 'Deathproof', and 'Matty'. I think the character should be left alone, they're going to kill the coolness factor and mysteriousness of the character. Even JB said in an interview once that he thinks it's a bad idea.
  14. Verbal21's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    550
    Jan 7, 2014, 10:26 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #14

    I don't really know what you guys are talking about, a cheesy "death" and AOTC already ruined anything mysterious and cool about him. I'm up for a movie where he can redeem himself on-screen and show why Vader respects him highly in ESB. And I've read a few EU stuff too but I'm strictly talking about on-screen here. I'd love to see a Dredd-like film with Boba tearing ****** up to get to his bounty.

    And lack of merchandise? Boba? lol
  15. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    756
    Jan 7, 2014, 3:49 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #15

    Agree with Verbal21
  16. DeathProof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    698
    Jan 7, 2014, 4:29 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #16

    Believe me, I have high hopes. You can count on me still dressing up and waiting in line to see that flick when it does come out. I've just been so disappointed with Hollywood the last 10 years or so. It's tough to remain positive. I'm equally as worried to see what happens with Episodes 7,8,9. Bad acting, over-use of CGI, terrible (and disconnected) story....any movie has the potential of being bad...it just hurts that much more when it's a series I've loved since I was a kid.
  17. norgs79's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    124
    Jan 7, 2014, 5:06 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #17

    Of course Verbal21 you mean the Stallone version of Dredd right?? Ha! As if! You're right I was thinking the same thing about the latest Dredd film. That style would really suit a Fett storyline. The more mystery the better, the less kiwi accent the better! Is the idea of a Fett film a good one? I'm not sure. We'd all love to see it but then it could ruin the very heart of why we love this character. AOTC WAS the Stallone version of Dredd in Fett format. Thank God George won't be directing......
  18. Syper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    832
    Jan 7, 2014, 5:25 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #18

    Verbal21 said: View Post
    I don't really know what you guys are talking about, a cheesy "death" and AOTC already ruined anything mysterious and cool about him. I'm up for a movie where he can redeem himself on-screen and show why Vader respects him highly in ESB. And I've read a few EU stuff too but I'm strictly talking about on-screen here. I'd love to see a Dredd-like film with Boba tearing ****** up to get to his bounty.

    And lack of merchandise? Boba? lol
    I totally Agree Brother Verbal21! But would Disney ever really make a "StarWars: Boba Fett" movie? Where the storyline centers around one character for two and a half hours, I don’t think so. I would love to see it but at best we could see more of him interwoven in a new storyline from earlier days before ESB.
    Last edited by Syper; Jan 7, 2014 at 9:00 PM.
  19. redkraytdragon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,068
    Jan 7, 2014, 8:26 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #19

    DeathProof said: View Post
    Believe me, I have high hopes. You can count on me still dressing up and waiting in line to see that flick when it does come out. I've just been so disappointed with Hollywood the last 10 years or so. It's tough to remain positive. I'm equally as worried to see what happens with Episodes 7,8,9. Bad acting, over-use of CGI, terrible (and disconnected) story....any movie has the potential of being bad...it just hurts that much more when it's a series I've loved since I was a kid.
    ^^^^ So much this^^^^

    You do have a good point Verbal. If they did something along those lines it might not be bad...but I'm still torn about the whole idea...I guess it really just depends on how well it's made and if they're not just making the movie for the sake of the almighty dollar. If it does materialize, I pray that it's done right.
  20. Wolfsburg's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    234
    Jan 8, 2014, 12:38 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #20

    Yeah, in my opinion a Fett movie is a tricky proposition. While it has every potential to be awesome if done right, it could also quite easily be the complete opposite. Anyway, if they do make a Boba Fett movie, the helmet needs to stay on at all times. I may ruffle some feathers here but I want them to go back to the original concept of a mysterious, Eastwoodian man of few words and hope they just sort of forget about the prequels. To me Boba Fett will always be Jeremy Bulloch and Jason Wingreen so I'd like to see an effort to at least try to approximate the body type of the former and voice of the latter. I absolutely hated George inserting Morrison's voice in TESB and frankly didn't at all like Boba's backstory that he concocted for AOTC. Frankly, I would be totally fine if the "Boba Fett" we saw in the OT was actually a guy that had killed Jango's personal clone at some point and simply assumed the name. That would instantly wash away the AOTC backstory and bring back the mystery of the character, leaving us wondering "Who the heck is THIS guy?"

    If Disney/LFL can put out a movie that makes little or no reference to the prequels and delivers a western-in-space, "Man With No Name"-type tale, with a Fett that confidently lives firmly in the "grey area" of morality and happily plays both sides when it suits him, I will be (surprised and) quite happy.
  21. redkraytdragon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,068
    Jan 8, 2014, 1:57 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #21

    Totally agree with you there, Wolf!
  22. Jan 8, 2014, 6:21 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #22

    Wolfsburg said: View Post
    Yeah, in my opinion a Fett movie is a tricky proposition. While it has every potential to be awesome if done right, it could also quite easily be the complete opposite. Anyway, if they do make a Boba Fett movie, the helmet needs to stay on at all times. I may ruffle some feathers here but I want them to go back to the original concept of a mysterious, Eastwoodian man of few words and hope they just sort of forget about the prequels. To me Boba Fett will always be Jeremy Bulloch and Jason Wingreen so I'd like to see an effort to at least try to approximate the body type of the former and voice of the latter. I absolutely hated George inserting Morrison's voice in TESB and frankly didn't at all like Boba's backstory that he concocted for AOTC. Frankly, I would be totally fine if the "Boba Fett" we saw in the OT was actually a guy that had killed Jango's personal clone at some point and simply assumed the name. That would instantly wash away the AOTC backstory and bring back the mystery of the character, leaving us wondering "Who the heck is THIS guy?"

    If Disney/LFL can put out a movie that makes little or no reference to the prequels and delivers a western-in-space, "Man With No Name"-type tale, with a Fett that confidently lives firmly in the "grey area" of morality and happily plays both sides when it suits him, I will be (surprised and) quite happy.
    You should wright the screen-play
  23. Jc27's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,773
    Jan 8, 2014, 8:26 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #23

    I am hopefully that they will come up with a good story. I do like Wolfs idea of someone other than the clone, but that probably won't happen, they will want to maintain continuity with the (******) prequels. The few episodes of the clone wars that boba appeared in could help set the foundation of how he became the bad ***** he is.
    On a side note, for those that like to read I recommend darth Plagueis. It changes the entire storyline for the phantom menace by outlaying the reason naboo was invaded and how exactly sidious began the clone wars. Reading the book makes it a much better movie.
  24. Jigglenomicon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    169
    Jan 8, 2014, 11:50 AM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #24

    I hope they dont do the period between ROTS and ROTJ i dont wanna see Boba as some angry hi pitched kid and later a whiny angsty young adult (Lloyd and Hayden as Anakin Skywalker springs to mind.. uhg... -_- ).
    I just wanna see him as a ****** mysterious bounty hunter .
  25. rubio95's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    315
    Jan 8, 2014, 1:12 PM - Re: Boba Fett Movie Spinoff Confirmed #25

    Verbal21 said: View Post
    I don't really know what you guys are talking about, a cheesy "death" and AOTC already ruined anything mysterious and cool about him. I'm up for a movie where he can redeem himself on-screen and show why Vader respects him highly in ESB. And I've read a few EU stuff too but I'm strictly talking about on-screen here. I'd love to see a Dredd-like film with Boba tearing ****** up to get to his bounty.

    And lack of merchandise? Boba? lol
    They did this. The Star Wars Holiday Special. Laugh if you want, but that's all the background I need visually.

    Wolfsburg said: View Post
    Yeah, in my opinion a Fett movie is a tricky proposition. While it has every potential to be awesome if done right, it could also quite easily be the complete opposite. Anyway, if they do make a Boba Fett movie, the helmet needs to stay on at all times. I may ruffle some feathers here but I want them to go back to the original concept of a mysterious, Eastwoodian man of few words and hope they just sort of forget about the prequels. To me Boba Fett will always be Jeremy Bulloch and Jason Wingreen so I'd like to see an effort to at least try to approximate the body type of the former and voice of the latter. I absolutely hated George inserting Morrison's voice in TESB and frankly didn't at all like Boba's backstory that he concocted for AOTC. Frankly, I would be totally fine if the "Boba Fett" we saw in the OT was actually a guy that had killed Jango's personal clone at some point and simply assumed the name. That would instantly wash away the AOTC backstory and bring back the mystery of the character, leaving us wondering "Who the heck is THIS guy?"

    If Disney/LFL can put out a movie that makes little or no reference to the prequels and delivers a western-in-space, "Man With No Name"-type tale, with a Fett that confidently lives firmly in the "grey area" of morality and happily plays both sides when it suits him, I will be (surprised and) quite happy.
    Absolutely no way on Earth that this happens (the helmet part).

    If they follow through with this, Hollywood formula DEMANDS that the mask comes off for most of the movie. The audience must see the protagonist's face. One of the few exceptions that I can think of is 'V for Vendetta,' but that character 1.) has a mask that looked like a human face and 2.) is extremely talkative. Boba Fett has/is neither. The movie would also DEMAND a love interest.

    All of this goes absolutely against the character that has been presented on-screen and fleshed out (at length) in the Expanded Universe. True, the EU is not considered 'canon', but in order to write a feasible major motion picture, a movie studio CANNOT stray from that formula, Disney or not.

    As much as we'd all like more Boba Fett, I think this is a horrible idea. I really don't want to sound like a party pooper, but seriously, there's just no feasible way to do the character justice on the silver screen. A character like Boba Fett is MUCH more suited to being the protaganist of a series of video games.....

    If the film happens and I'm wrong, I'll be THRILLED to eat crow, but I just don't think they can pull it off.

Similar Threads

  1. Boba Fett Movie Confirmed
    By Verbal21 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Mar 13, 2013, 7:50 PM
  2. Boba Fett Movie???
    By OBrotherRacing in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Sep 8, 2011, 12:58 PM
  3. New Boba Fett Movie !!
    By Bortas69 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 18, 2010, 11:21 PM
  4. Confirmed-Boba in CG movie
    By Mandocommando in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2008, 10:23 PM