Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Aug 8, 2009, 12:54 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #51

count me in for Asia distribution (if still needed..)

rid
    Aug 8, 2009, 1:00 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #52

torrent is a good idea Art!

Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    BTW... was recently talking to our friend Tyler Durden and he suggested doing a torrent instead of trying to do a DVD tree.... is everyone familiar with Torrent technology and how it works?
    Aug 8, 2009, 1:11 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #53

That is a great idea Art ! Not sure that everyone would have the patience for it, but it's most certainly another avenue to go

I'm still up for what we've discussed here. Glad to hear you're getting it all together. If you still want to proceed with the hard copy distribution, I'm here

FP
    Aug 8, 2009, 1:27 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #54

I'm not familiar with torrent. Would still be in for hardcopy deal....
    Aug 8, 2009, 2:05 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #55

Quote fettpride said: View Post
    If you still want to proceed with the hard copy distribution, I'm here

FP
    Still waiting on the disc bro... I can do my part
    Aug 8, 2009, 3:02 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #56

I like this idea and I like the Torrent idea!
    Aug 8, 2009, 3:27 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #57

I think the torrent idea would be easiest for everyone, but the "pay it forward" plan would work just as well. I say that it would be best to do both. Those that have slower internet connections or don't use torrents would lean toward the hard copy, but people like myself would be more inclined to go with the torrent. If you have a reasonable amount of seeders, you can download an entire discography in less than an hour. Doing a reference cd would be easy and fast if everyone seeds.

Kody
    Aug 8, 2009, 6:12 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #58

Just saw on the new list that Scandinavia is out of the list?
    Would be great if I still could get this part, since most of the builders meet up regularly often, and that would make distrubution here more cheap and simple.
    Aug 9, 2009, 5:31 AM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #59

Meaby I say a stupid thing...why don't use Megaupload?!?!?
    If someone send me the DVDs i could upload them on Megaupload.
  10. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Aug 9, 2009, 10:55 AM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #60

I think this is a Great Idea FP... Count me in, of course I can give only what I've been allowed to give in terms of unseen/seen ref photos...but I will do my best to get higher res shots of what we've already seen for sure.

Just out of curiosity... does anyone have one of the REALLY OLD V1.0 CDs (back before it was a DVD) that had a ton of pics of replica fett costumes on it?
    I have the old one...
    Aug 10, 2009, 12:07 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #61

Just out of curiosity... does anyone have one of the REALLY OLD V1.0 CDs (back before it was a DVD) that had a ton of pics of replica fett costumes on it?
    I have one !

Where to sent a copy ?!?

Greets
    Florian
    Sep 28, 2009, 5:44 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #62

Any news on this? I'd love to have those pics, and I'll make copies to those in my area that wants them too if I can get hold of the disc.
    Sep 28, 2009, 6:37 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #63

I could be the one in Spain...

But i have one question.... do i have to pay for all the expenses of all the copies that people from Spain will request from me?

=)
    Sep 29, 2009, 11:59 AM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #64

I would be willing to seed a torrent and send out DVDs.

Alan
    Sep 29, 2009, 8:09 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #65

Chris, I'm willing to help out in the Asia region if need be and i have the Sandtrooper Disc as well. LMK. This is a great idea!
    Oct 1, 2009, 9:29 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #66

I agree that torrents would be the easiest way to distribute them. For those that want a hard copy, everyone who is willing to distribute a copy of the CD could state that in part of their signature, or maybe something indicating that under their avatar.
    Oct 1, 2009, 10:06 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #67

Hello FP, not sure if you have it covered yet but I can do Mexico if you allow me, I reside in Houston but all my family is back in Mexico, I go there very often (~2 months) and Im enrolled on a few of the SW groups down there

Let me know

Thanks, regards

EAGC
    SL 5234
    TX 5234
    Last edited by eagc; Oct 3, 2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Ortography.... (entolled??)
    Oct 2, 2009, 12:48 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #68

Art, I have that CD, it's right here next to me. Need it? LMK.

Stay safe,

Tim.
    Oct 2, 2009, 1:45 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #69

Is this happening yet??
    Oct 4, 2009, 10:38 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #70

Can I get in the distro list please? Washington State here
    Oct 5, 2009, 1:22 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #71

the torrent idea sound good i'd be up for seeding also
    Oct 5, 2009, 3:43 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #72

ooh ooh, what about Hawaii >_<

hehe
  23. Dec 14, 2009, 5:09 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #73

What is the current status of this project? Is there a torrent file to download? That would be the best and easiest thing to do. If not, how do I get on the list for the reference DVD? I would like to cooperate with this program to get these pics. I have only found a limited number of hi-res reference pics of Jango online.
    Dec 14, 2009, 6:34 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #74

I believe that it was decided to go "torrent" at first ?

I'm still willing to do hard copies and have had a few requests that I have been unable to fill because I had a bad computer crash that contained the torrent as well as the burnable digital copy. Just last week actually. I've been meaning to contact Art to see if he could re-seed it for me. I will do that now

Best,

Chris
  25. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Dec 14, 2009, 10:23 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #75

How big is the data ?

If it fits, I would like to help for the Asia region. I have a server in Singapore, perfect for serving Southeast Asian and Australia/New Zealand area.