Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 21, 2009, 12:25 PM - Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #1

Hi everyone,

In light of circumstances in recent months regarding issues surrounding the the forced ban on the distribution of TDH's own reference materials, I would like to share this material with you. And I hope you will share this material with others.

The way this will work:

I will send said reference material to 10 members, geographically diverse, at no cost to them (this will include both Boba, and Jango). These members will agree to start redistribution efforts in their own region for the next member that requests reference material (at no cost to the next member) and so on. Both Boba and Jango must be distributed together (even if you only want one or the other), so that later it will all still remain available to the next member that requests it. This is "No Frills" packaging. No one will be expected to reproduce any cover art or packaging that may or may not be included with the original source materials. You will only be required to redistribute the disks. It would be appreciated if you could label each disk for the next member however. A magic marker will do With any luck, we can redistribute this material to everyone that needs it and keep it's fire burning.

For those that may not have the ability to copy CDs or DVD's, you can still participate. When it comes your turn, contact me privately for instructions. If/When I become unavailable, there will be a contingent member that you will always be able to contact that will assist you.

This is a ZERO profit effort. Each member will pay their own way (shipping, and supplies required after my initial investment). No one, and I repeat no one - reaps royalties from this project. It's up to YOU. The members of TDH to keep this alive. Brak's Buddy (now ART ANDREWS) put too much time and effort into this to simply let it die. This is in effect, a TDH owned endeavor We might even see it as a "Sticky" someday

The *Newest* source material will be prepared and sent to me right after SDCC '09.

Below is a list of members that I will be sending *masters" to so that they may begin
    over seas redistribution as well

Lets keep in mind, that each members involvement in this, is merely a single grain of sand in the hour glass of time (aside of my own as I will be around to see that this gets off the ground). There is no individual glory here. Once each member does his or her equal part, the torch is passed on and it will be up to the next member to run with it. The only thing we're doing at this point is figuring out how many masters I will be donating geographically to the cause so that these members can briefly take that torch, and run with me simultaneously. It's all a part of getting the ball rolling, and reducing the expense for other countries as an incentive to spread the love

Post away !

Best,

FP

** MASTER LIST ** (masters to be sent for redistribution) ** 10 masters will be made available **

U.S. - mrgr8ness
    U.K. / Europe - Mojo-Fett / mmgraphics
    Canada - peel1965
    Scandinavia- Mr. Stevens
    Mexico -
    South America -
    Eurasia / Asia -
    Africa - Not sure this is a concern as I don't know that we have a member presence here
    Australia / New Zealand -

Last edited by fettpride; Jul 21, 2009 at 3:02 PM.
    Jul 21, 2009, 12:46 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #2

I like this idea, count me in bro
    Jul 21, 2009, 12:50 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #3

Count me in. Guess I'm number 2...
    Jul 21, 2009, 12:54 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #4

Very cool guys, thank you :thumbup

So, pick your poison Mrgr8ness Whutcha waiting fer?

FP
    Jul 21, 2009, 12:59 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #5

I really like this idea! Sounds like a great way to keep the information alive. So are you sending the whole disk or is it only in parts? I wouldn't mind all the material to compare with what I already have done. But right now I could really use some reference on the ROTJ JP. WAY TO GO!!
    Cheers
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:03 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #6

All available material will be distributed in it's entirety as intended by the original "archivist" There is new source material being prepared for this. It's very comprehensive. I don't think there is anything that you will be left wanting for

FP
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:05 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #7

GREAT put me down for a copy when my turn comes
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:05 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #8

I can aid in UK/Eurppean distribution...
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:11 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #9

Mojo - That is AWESOME ! :thumbup

I had not considered that just yet, but of course it would be prudent to match up members with kindred geographic locations to save on expense.

Mojo is the first to distribute for our UK/Euro brothers and sisters As soon as I receive the new source material, I will send you a set as well to get that ball rolling Thank you for that !

I just edited my first post with some other newly added info I had not yet thought of, including this There's always bugs to iron out

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Jul 21, 2009 at 1:16 PM.
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:18 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #10

sounds like a plan. you can count me in
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:21 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #11

for german brothers count me in please!

Glad to help Chris spreading the reference material.

Cheers,
    manuel

PS: Will there be a list to follow? Maybe easier to see where it goes around.
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:23 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #12

Maybe like a tracking thread where you can post the CD's current location and where it is heading to next would probably be a good idea. That way everyone knows where the Cd is so less chance of it being a I swaer I shipped it to him type of thing.
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:29 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #13

Thank you Manual ! :thumbup That's the spirit I'm talking about here !!!

IrishFett22, mmgraphics - That is a terrific idea for tracking. However, I'm not exactly sure it's do-able. As with any rolling thread (Karma thread for instance) it's just on going from member to member. I don't know of any way that one thread could be continuously updated by different members along the way as the original member that created the thread (ie; ME) won't always be there to keep a list updated, and would be a logistical nightmare keeping track of messages from members regarding newest shipments, ect.

As far as I know, the best way we can do this, is to create the initial list, and each member will add to it, and pay it forward as well. This will not guarantee that we won't have a slip-up from time to time with a scenario like you mentioned. It's the honor system. And it's flawed. But that is a chance we take. I'm sure if we have a laps of integrity at some point, there will always be someone that has already participated that will be willing to assist (if not me or the designated contingency member). Anything more may start to convolute a simple idea

FP
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:41 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #14

Maybe we can handle it this way:

mrgr8ness has the copy for the US-based members
    Mojo has the copy for UK
    I am taking a copy for germany

We could (mrgr8ness, Mojo and me) open individual threads (maybe sticky) called Reference US, reference UK and reference germany. The members can post in there and we automatically have a list for each country.

As Chris already said, itīs not easy to control it itīs more a fact of "honor" to keep this list alive.

But as far as I know the members here at TDH, itīs possible to keep this thing running!

MM
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:50 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #15

Having a separate thread for different geographical locations sounds like a great idea. I'm just not sure that the administration will agree with so many stickies regarding one particular project topic. We seem to have entered a new era of "KISS" (keep it simple stupid) Now, I don't mean that as an insult to the administration here at TDH in ANY way whatsoever. it's a Marine Corps acronym. But I do know that the administration likes to see things kept simple.

My mindset at this point is, if that is what you chose to do after my initial involvement, that is certainly your choice and I support you But I believe that if we're going to make it a "sticky" we should probably keep it all together to reduce clutter. The administration may end up combining all of the threads into one anyway, which will ultimately defeat the purpose of your idea

FP
    Jul 21, 2009, 1:53 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #16

If we're going by geography I guess I can spearhead the Canadian contingent....
    Jul 21, 2009, 2:09 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #17

Thank you Blair ! :thumbup

If you're all going to go that route, I think it should be based "basically" and "loosely" by continent for like/kind shipping expenses for our members.

What we have left to keep it relatively simple is:

U.S. - Fettpride to mrgr8ness
    U.K. / Europe - Fettpride to Mojo-Fett and mmgraphics
    Canada - Fettpride to peel1965
    Mexico -
    South America -
    Africa - Not sure this is a concern as I don't know that we have a member presence here
    Eurasia / Asia -
    Greenland/Denmark - Could be squeezed into U.K. / Euro or even Canada
    Australia -

Of course, countries like Italy, or Turkey, ect. will fit somewhere in one of the basic categories. But again, it's all about what you chose to do after I fire off the masters to each of you on this list to copy from. I'll update post # 1 with the list of masters to be sent.

I think it's great to see so many willing to keep this alive !!
    :thumbup

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Jul 21, 2009 at 2:22 PM.
    Jul 21, 2009, 2:19 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #18

Oh well... looks like PEEL1965 beat to the Canadian start. I'd still like to be in on this great venture though.
    Jul 21, 2009, 2:30 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #19

I saw there was a space for Denmark, I'm norwegian and I could do the scandinavian contries, like Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland.
    Jul 21, 2009, 2:32 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #20

Jango72 - Absolutely brother !

Lets keep in mind, that each members involvement in this, is merely a single grain of sand in the hour glass of time (aside of my own as I will be around to see that this gets off the ground). There is no individual glory here. Once each member does his or her equal part, the torch is passed on and it will be up to the next member to run with it. The only thing we're doing at this point is figuring out how many masters I will be donating geographically to the cause so that these members can briefly take that torch, and run with me simultaneously. It's all a part of getting the ball rolling, and reducing the expense for other countries as an incentive to spread the love

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Jul 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM.
    Jul 21, 2009, 2:33 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #21

Quote Mr. Stevens said: View Post
    I saw there was a space for Denmark, I'm norwegian and I could do the scandinavian contries, like Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland.
    Perfect ! Thank you brother ! :thumbup List updated

FP
    Jul 21, 2009, 2:41 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #22

Just for the fun of it, why not keep a signature list with the CDs/DVDs that gets passed on; when you get it, sign it with your screen name, real name and city/state/region or as much of that info that you feel comfortable with. Just a fun way to see "where's fett been"
    Jul 21, 2009, 2:47 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #23

^I just posted the exact same thing. I just type slower^
    Jul 21, 2009, 2:53 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #24

Quote Chucko said: View Post
    ^I just posted the exact same thing. I just type slower^
    You REALLY DID !!!! I saw the quoted email notification I hate when that happens !!

Now THAT is an awesome idea guys !!!

Ok. We can give it a shot ! I hope it doesn't get lost though

Any ideas on how to do that with one piece of paper, when I'm sending out 10 masters???

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Jul 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM.
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Jul 21, 2009, 3:14 PM - Re: Boba Fett / Jango Fett Reference DVD's (Let's pay it forward !) #25

Hey guys, if someone wants to send me a copy of said disk...I can make a few hear at work. Don't need it for the refs, but don't mind helping either.