Subscribe
    Aug 31, 2008, 9:57 PM - Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #1

People from around the Cincinnati area know Gold Star (I much prefer Skyline myself); Cincinnati has a very unique style of chili known as Cincinnati Chili, Gold Star and Skyline being 2 of the most well known resaurants.

Anyway. Today I saw a new TV ad staring the Bengals Stormtrooper, who is pretty famous around here and elsewhere, I think he's been on TV a couple of times during games. He walks into a locker room and crushes a plastic cup someone is drinking out of and hands him a Bengals/Gold Star mug with a straw. Later he's "drinking" out of the straw of the mug through the front vent area. Pretty funny.
    Aug 31, 2008, 10:26 PM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #2

Gotta love local SW refrences. When I was in Florida the few times I had been there, in those little booklets they have evrywhere, theres always a couple ads in them for something (You can tell I realy cared about the AD itself, hu?). But the guy who ownes the company is always dressed up as a SW character in a SW enviroment. I think one he's dressed as a Rebel Pilot, and he's in an X-Wing, and in the other he's dressed up as a Jedi or something. Man....I miss Florida. And their little SW refrences.
  3. Sep 1, 2008, 1:00 PM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #3

I saw it too... and I immediately thought "good thing LFL doesn't get Cincinnati channels."

I'm with you: Skyline is better.
    Sep 2, 2008, 1:06 PM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #4

I was wondering about permission from LFL too...From what I hear the guy that owns the costume isn't even a Star Wars fan. That might not be true though.
  5. Sep 2, 2008, 9:39 PM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #5

I had heard (aka RUMOR) that the Bengals Trooper is a bar owner who was looking to promote his bar.

If thats the case, I think it works.
    Sep 5, 2008, 7:52 AM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #6

There's a news story about it over at theforce.net with links to a music video as well as the Gold Star ad

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...ial_117503.asp
    Sep 6, 2008, 8:58 AM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #7

I still cant believe Chad Johnson legally changed his name to Chad Ocho Cinco... thats crazy! That gives me an Idea...hmmm Tony Fett... I gotta go to the courthouse... be back L8r!!
    Sep 6, 2008, 9:27 AM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #8

Hasbro called....They want their repaint concepts back.
  9. Sep 6, 2008, 11:40 AM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #9

I saw that guy at a couple games and thought.hmmmmm....Wouldn't a bengal fett be great competition.I have really thought hard about this idea, and with me being a cincinnatian and all,I'd be a fool not too right? It really would not be hard to pull off.
    Sep 7, 2008, 9:14 AM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #10

I didn't know you lived in Cincinnati, or are you just from here and moved?
  11. Sep 7, 2008, 10:38 PM - Re: Bengal Stormtrooper stars in Gold Star Chili TV AD #11

all my life.