Subscribe
    Dec 23, 2008, 10:44 AM - BAD DAY!!! #1

Well I want to hear some good news folks for those out there having a good day. MINE IS JUST PLUCKY!!!

I started off with my alarm on my cel phone not going off because it was set on silent. I jumped out of bed and rushed out to go to the base (doing some reserve time) and 2 miles down the road realize I don't have my military ID card...this means I will have to talk someone into meeting me at the gate and signing me in.

I notice that it is starting to drizzle again...The weather man said nothing about this!!! I have the back of the truck filled with the last load of mannequins destined for the post office. Due to the high wind speed, cold temps and moisture in the air one of the packages comes open and starts showering the road with shredded paper then BAM it flys out of the bed onto the highway...GRRRRR!

I get it back into the truck and get to base. I am an hour late and a friend has to pick me up at the gate to give me a ride onto the base. I find my ID card in my PC where I left it and he gives me a ride back to the gate to get my truck. I get back on base and it starts to get really nasty weather wise so I decide to get to the post office to mail the mannequins before the cardboard is totally ruined and find that in all the junk this morning I have lost my wallet. Usually this is no biggie, just cancel the credit cards and move on but I have my Police commission card, certification cards and NUMEROUS other pieces of ID that will take MUCHO PAPER WORKO to replace!!!

Now I am trying to motivate myself to do some work after making all the calls to cancel everything.... it is only 10:00 is this day over yet???

To boot, I just found out that I am on Santa's Naughty list....
    Last edited by Boomer Fett; Dec 23, 2008 at 2:19 PM.
    Dec 23, 2008, 10:49 AM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #2

Buddy, I am so sorry to hear this!!! Dang! Not a good start for the day so close to Christmas Eve....Man!!! If I can do anything for you brother, just let me know!

(Today might be a good day to change your sig....)

G-Fett
  3. Dec 23, 2008, 10:57 AM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #3

whoa, rough day bud, hang tough!
    Dec 23, 2008, 11:01 AM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #4

Wow, that really sucks. Hopefully tommorrow your luck will change, hang in there.
    Dec 23, 2008, 11:10 AM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #5

Hang in there buddy.
    Dec 23, 2008, 11:24 AM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #6

The only bright spot is that my wife drove the 30 miles from her work to bring me money and have lunch with me.
    Dec 23, 2008, 12:05 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #7

Sorry to hear about your day Boomer! Hope things will turn out for the better! Despite what happened, I wish you and your family a happy holiday!
    Dec 23, 2008, 12:07 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #8

Quote TD2253 said: View Post
    Sorry to hear about your day Boomer! Hope things will turn out for the better! Despite what happened, I wish you and your family a happy holiday!
    Thank you for the encouraging words folks!
    Dec 23, 2008, 12:40 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #9

I feel your pain, bro! Only mine has been an ongoing Hell-week! Got into a car accident on Thursday, slipped on the ice and banged myself up on Friday (didn't know bruises came in such a variety of colors!), found out on Saturday, after trying to reach this store for 3 weeks, that one of my fiance's Christmas presents wasn't shipped out, Sunday I made a purchase with my debit card for $5. When I got my bank statement yesterday that same store charged me an extra $40 for nothing and then today I got a letter from my credit card company telling me that my $3,000 credit card has been reduced to a limit of $500 due to the economic recession.

So, I'm right there with ya Boomer. We can comfort eachother!
    Dec 23, 2008, 12:42 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #10

Wow, Boomer....sorry to hear about that! I hate when bad things happen to good people -- karma is a fickle *****.

Happy Holidays, though, my friend!
    Chris
    Dec 23, 2008, 12:46 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #11

Quote Madmartigan said: View Post
    Wow, Boomer....sorry to hear about that! I hate when bad things happen to good people -- karma is a fickle *****.

Happy Holidays, though, my friend!
    Chris
    You know I just needed to vent. LOL! These mannequins are taking their toll on my sanity. I am packaging them up for three hours a night and loading them up every day and they don't seem to be going away!!!! I think I need to use some for target practice to be rid of a few...
    Dec 23, 2008, 1:45 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #12

Wow Boomer, that sucks man. I'm sorry!

I hope your wallet turns up so you don't have to do all that paperwork.

Hope the rest improves too.

I know those mannequins have to be driving you insane but i just wanted to say I do appreciate you doing that for us.

Take care brother.
    Dec 23, 2008, 1:53 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #13

Sorry your day sucks bro!

Paperwork and calls aside... in 48hrs it'll Xmas morning!
    Dec 23, 2008, 2:16 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #14

Quote Nyx Mandalore said: View Post
    Wow Boomer, that sucks man. I'm sorry!

I hope your wallet turns up so you don't have to do all that paperwork.

Hope the rest improves too.

I know those mannequins have to be driving you insane but i just wanted to say I do appreciate you doing that for us.

Take care brother.
    Hey!!! Thats cause we be family here!!!! I think the remaining mannes would look god in the bottom of my pond!
    Dec 23, 2008, 2:40 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #15

Boomer I think of it this way. You are going to drill in the Airforce. If it was the Marines you would be doing pointless field ops in the cold. lol.

Hope tomorrow brings ya better luck buddy.
    Dec 23, 2008, 2:43 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #16

True. Instead I am sitting in a heated office updating my threads while working on the training roster and file plan for my office. Not too bad. At least I am not in the field in this 7 degree weather with a strong norht wind...BRRRR FRIGGIN BRRRR!!!8)
    Quote 22ssplt said: View Post
    Boomer I think of it this way. You are going to drill in the Airforce. If it was the Marines you would be doing pointless field ops in the cold. lol.

Dec 23, 2008, 3:09 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #17

Quote 22ssplt said: View Post

Pointless field ops. Aint that the truth. I remember raking lines in the sand at twentynine palms to " make it look neat"
    Dec 23, 2008, 3:37 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #18

oh how i hate day's like yours , but you know how i like your spanish
    Dec 23, 2008, 3:48 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #19

Quote maycol said: View Post
    oh how i hate day's like yours , but you know how i like your spanish
    LOL!!! Don't you start with me MIJO!!!
    Dec 23, 2008, 10:09 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #20

Well, Here's something to consider. At least you are still alive to complain about how bad your day was. your still on top of the grass!! LOL!
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Dec 24, 2008, 7:49 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #21

*hug*

Hope things pick up for you mate!!!

Have a good holiday!
    Dave
    Dec 24, 2008, 8:04 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #22

man that sucks..... hope the rest of the week is better.
  23. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Dec 24, 2008, 10:00 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #23

Heya Ivan,
    I hope today was a bit better for you! Have a wonderful Christmas and hug the wife and kids. That will truly make it better.

Merry Christmas!
    Dec 25, 2008, 10:48 AM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #24

Yeah Ivan...hope things are bouncing back and you're enjoying xmas with your wife and all those mannequins Take care buddy!
    Dec 25, 2008, 8:30 PM - Re: BAD DAY!!! #25

Today was a GREAT DAY! Thanks folks...