Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Assassin's Creed - Altair

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

Re: Assassin's Creed - Altair

Ha ha ha, yeah those 3, that about sums it up... but for me that's about my entire costume gallery :P ' cept for Snake

Thanks for the compliment!!! That means alot coming from someone who has done the same projects with an incredible amount of time and detail build into them.

My weathering usually consists of very bright colors, like red, blue and bright brown.
    I spray or rub those over the allready painted part. After that I might add washes in the same color, or the one of the base color.
    Once that is done I tone down the whole thing with an antracite, black or grey matt primer... depending on what color the part needs to be. So metal parts some times recieve a final silver or grey primer coat, after the weathering layers.

I hope that helps a bit? That's the way I do most of my parts anyways.

From
    Outer Rim, Ohio

I absolutely adore the Altair threads. I have been contemplating tackling them, but just never get around to it.

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

Chest symbol is bogus, just something to hold everything in place.

Need to do more knives, boots, symbols for the scabbard, the right arm bracer and ofcourse the trousers and sweater for underneath it all...

From
    Milwaukee Wisconsin

RBF said: View Post
    Ha ha ha, yeah those 3, that about sums it up... but for me that's about my entire costume gallery :P ' cept for Snake

Thanks for the compliment!!! That means alot coming from someone who has done the same projects with an incredible amount of time and detail build into them.

My weathering usually consists of very bright colors, like red, blue and bright brown.
    I spray or rub those over the allready painted part. After that I might add washes in the same color, or the one of the base color.
    Once that is done I tone down the whole thing with an antracite, black or grey matt primer... depending on what color the part needs to be. So metal parts some times recieve a final silver or grey primer coat, after the weathering layers.

I hope that helps a bit? That's the way I do most of my parts anyways.
    ah cool. That's really interesting. I usually stick to using a dark grey wash then wiping it away. I'll have to experiment some more with other colors.

This is looking great so far.

Forcebewitya.

From

It's almost complete now....

From

A little make-up test, has to be perfected, but it's a first try.

The scar is to prominent but might make it stand out more at a convention.

I' ll test some more:

I' m all done now, I' ll wear this costume upcoming weekend at an event.

From
    Jersey, Channel Islands, UK

Excellent work my friend. Attention to detail is amazing.
    I know it's jumping the gun a bit but after your finished up with this do you think you might have a go at Ezio? I would love to see that.

From

Thank you! I appreciate it!!

Well... Time is gonna be the main thing. I initially chose for Altair because I like the character more.

Who knows, I might one day.

From
    California

WOW!
    Great job.
    Love the costume.
    LOVE IT!

From

Thanks, that is great to hear!!!

From

It' s done!!!

Had a blast at F.A.C.T.S. 2010 in belgium last weekend, it was absolutly great!!!

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i've got a couple of questions. 1 - when you extend the wrist blade does it lock into the extended position? and 2 - does it hamper your ability to pull those daggers out?

it's a great costume man, you really look like you walked right out of the video game, but with better graphics, lol!

From

ha ha, thanks!!

No the knife extends for as long as I stretch my hand. When I make a fist the knife jumps back in.

This is actually... simple to make and it does the trick for the audience... It's like tapping "up" in the game... the knife shoots out and is almost immediatly withdrawn. It just works. I might figure a way out with a lock pin that keeps it extracted but... well the reactions to the way it popped out now were quite litterly open jaws of awesomeness... I was amazed byt hat actually....

My throwing knives are not withdrawable at all. I didn' t want them to be, in order to prevent trouble with law enforcement.
    The sword and dagger are withdrawable, though held firmly in place.

From
    Milwaukee Wisconsin

What make up techniques did you use for the scar? I havent tried to do a scar yet because I couldnt decide on the best way to do it. I have a bunch of stage make up maybe I should just play around with it.

Forcebewitya.

From

I used skin glue and then dip in a wee bit of liquid latex along the scar. Make sure the glue area is wider then the scar or the sides will let go. Once it dries add more skin glue over the whole thing and dip another round of latex over it.

then make-up your entire facve to finish it.

Here's a better look:

From
    Milwaukee Wisconsin

ah ok, I dont have any skin glue in my makeup kit that I know of unless that's the same as spirit gum? Looks really good with the make up too. I wear make up in my Link costumes but I havent done so in my Assassin's Creed stuff because I worry about it getting on the hood and covering up my already light facial hair. You have the perfect stache for Altair though I gotta say!

Forcebewitya.

From

Thanks man!!!

But I gotta say, I color my facial hair... :P I'm blond/red, so it is pretty light aswell. Rubbing it with make-up really helps in accentuating it enough.

The lenses + darker skin color + scar really does finish the look.

Here's something else... little difficult to take with me to cons but still... makes for cool pics!! :P

It was getting dark, so it is not entirly sharp... but still, I liked it!!!

More soon!!

From
    Milwaukee Wisconsin

Nice! I have yet to get Horse pictures, I did get some camel ones with Altair though . Well that's encouraging to know that you have blonde/red facial hair because I do too it's like blonde, red and black all mixed together lol. I gotta grow it out for the brotherhood Ezio costume too.

Forcebewitya.

From

I'm looking forward to that one!!!!

Test a bit out with the face paint and stuff. Get a ref pic and start putting it on, it really finishes the look!!!

When I put my hood on a wear a bandana/baclava to cover my schminked up face. Then when I am suited up, my wife pulls the baclava over my ears. It covers the hood from getting make-up on it and my hair is tucked away inside. Works very well!!

From
    Miami, FL

This is by far the best AC costume i have ever seen. good work love the attention to detail.

From

Sorry to bring up this thread again, but I thought this really should be posted here:

My baby girl is 6 months now. Since I have trooped in Altair for the release of Brotherhood here in A'dam, I have had a degree of contact with ubisoft.
    When they learned me and my wife had a little girl, they send over this jumper that said:

Assassin's Creed Revelations: The baby assassin's edition.

That and a note congratulating us. Ubisoft (Leon), you are the best!!!!

Here's the pics:

Also, I've made a film clip that you might like of Altair and a horse:

here's the link:
    ‪Assassin's Creed - Altair and Reportero.wmv‬‏ - YouTube

Enjoy!!

If you're still answering questions for this, could you tell me what material this is? (For the Belt)

I didn't realize how old this thread was but **** good costume. I finally beat Revelations yesterday and was toying about an Altair costume. It's so simple, yet judging from your WIP, so intricate.

From
    QLD, Australia

this is just gobsmackingly AWESOME!
    Altair is my favourite assassin out of all of them but with AC3 coming out soon I'm looking into doing an Aveline De Grandpre costume. if anyone is mightily interested i'll post up some pics once i'm done

From
    Cheshire, UK

Brilliant Costume!