Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read!

From
    Pennsylvania

Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read!

Even though I didn't really know Bill, I have really been effected by his passing. Reading all of these posts shows just how much of a positive influence he had on the entire consuming community. I pray for his friends and family and I hope that we (the members of TDH) can come up with something to help keep his memory alive and try to show how much this community will miss him.

From
    Denver, CO

ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read!

Peace be with you....... My condolences to your family
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

duo-mando-jpg

For BILL - ASOK and Jai Fenn - thanks again for being there for every one of us!

From
    Chicago, South Suburbs

When I got the news of Bill`s passing from another member I was in total shock. The last time I saw Bill was a few years ago at Dragon Con. I met Bill through friends in the Bloodfin Garrison and I will echo what everyone has said here. He was just one hell of a guy...honest and genuine....traits that hard to come by these days. I spent most of my time talking to Bill on the Bounty Hunters guild forum....of which he was a wealth of knowledge over there. As we get older, life begins to take things from us, instead of giving us things. In this case, it took a friend of all of ours waaay too soon.

RIP Bill......you`ll be missed.

Craig

From
    Sherwood Park, AB, Canada

Sadly I've never met Bill in person - but over the years I've always found him to be a reasonable, level headed, true to his word sort of man. My heart goes out to his family in these dark times. Makes the helmet I got from him only a few short weeks ago that much more special.

Rest in Peace - you are one of a kind.

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

Shocked beyond words. RIP Bill.

From
    Chicago, IL

Visitations today. Second visitations and Interment Tuesday.

I'll be there on Tuesday if anyone wants to meet up after the interment and celebrate Bill's life.

info here:
    Book of Memories

From
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

It is with deep sadness and heavy heart that I send my respect and well wishes to Bills friends and family. I too never had the opportunity to meet Bill in person, but through discussions with him here on other forums, I had a deep respect for him. I was contemplating upgrading the resin knee darts I purchased from him some time ago to an aluminum set, but now I find that I cannot... I will continue to wear his knee darts with pride, and think of him always.

Farewell Bill, you will be missed but never forgotten.

From
    Richmond VA

I will miss Bill so much though I only knew him as Asok. He was great to deal with, always more generous than expected and always a solid foundation of the forum. Respect and love.

I just found out today......Back before I got my Boba in the legion I had lots of questions. Bill was one of the incredibly patient mandalorian build mentors that helped me finish a boba and Jango. For this I am incredibly thankful.
    My helmet is off and my heart is heavy. My prayers are with his family.

RIP. You will be missed, you were always a class act. Thank you for everything you have done.

From
    Poland, Torun

God bless You Bill. My condolences to His family and friends.

I am glad I got to know him through TDH. I just got one of his helmets not too long ago and he was very easy going and great to deal with. As I work on my Fett I notice a lot of the tips and topics I use have been contributed by him. TDH lost a very great man and grievances go out to his family and friends.

From
    Darwin River Northern Territory

May the big fella in the sky look after him! R.I.P. and my condolences to the family.

So incredibly tragic. Although I never met him face to face, Bill offered me one the best compliments I could have received a while back. He offered to buy my night owl helmet mold. From what I heard and saw from his posts, he seemed like a fantastic human being.

My deepest sympathies to all his family and close friends.

I have been busy with another project and haven't been here in awhile. This is hitting me hard reading all of this at once.

Like a lot of others here, Bill was one of the first to welcome me and show me the spirit of this community. He was professional, talented, honest, and most importantly a friend.

Billy's family already knows what a great man he was, but I want them to also know that everyone here knows it too. My condolences and prayers to all who loved him.

Bill, I can't wait to finally meet you.

From
    United States

I'm so very sorry for Bill's family.

He was a good friend, and I will miss him.

Godspeed Brother.

Sean

My deepest condolences to his Family.

i once bought a Set of helmetparts from him years ago. He was a very nice contact to mail with.

Requiesta in Pace Asok.

From
    San Diego

I never knew Bill my self but I have read all his posts here over my short time here on the TDH. He had nothing but positive and encouraging words of wisdom and advice. He has truly become one with the force. May he rest in peace. Until we meet again on the other side.

-Adam

From
    Las Vegas, United States

oh wow, RIP Asok. I had no idea this happened...

From
    Indiana

Thank you everyone for the outpouring of love and support that we have seen here. Dawn and I have shared a lot of the posts about Bill with his parents and they have just been amazed.

Arturo, thank you so much for coming down to the services it meant a great deal to us.

Bill will be very missed both here at home and in the legion. If I've learned anything from him it's to be the most honest person you can be and just to show respect for your fellow man.

Christy

From
    Cloud City

wow..
    lost of words..
    he will be missed and I was very happy when I did business with him, a shinning example of a person.
    Always the helper and a honest being.
    Thank you for helping others live there dreams and make magic for others to be part of.
    You will not be forgotten cause your deeds are a legacy now.

From
    Ohio

Every man hopes to leave some kind of legacy, some way for people to remember him when he's gone. Every time someone troops wearing a ASOK Helmet, Bill will be there, smiling knowing he helped that person. He may physically be gone but his spirit will live on in the memories of all the people he touched. Rest in Peace Bill

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Just heard the news, terrible news, and my heart is broken. Always wanted to pick up one of Asok's helmets just to paint up and have around the house, I really wish I had now. Bill will be missed in the Star Wars community for more than what he has contributed to us, he was one of our brothers and Bill will be deeply missed.

From
    Myrtle Beach, SC

I've spent most of the day here reading and researching so I can start assembling my own Fett. When I read this thread about a man I never knew or got the honor to converse with I cried at as I read each posting and how he enriched this community. I lost my mother three years ago to cancer and this month my wife's mother found out she has cancer as well so I guess this hits close to home as I'm sure it does with any who have lost loved ones to cancer. I've been a Jedi with The Rebel Legion for years and now want a character for the 501st; I'm glad I choose Boba Fett and I'm gonna make it my mission over the next year to assemble a good one. Seems the very least I could do to honor someone who put so much into their craft and contributed so passionately to the community. Rest in peace sir, my prayers are with you and your family. May The Force Be With You, Always.