ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read!

I was avoiding TDH so I would be tempted to blow my budget this week until I came upon the post on FB and I was shocked at this terribly sad news. Asok's helmet was the reason I started by costume and I have 4 now. I found him to be a patient soul and professional. I pray for you are yours.

I am truly sad to hear this news. I never met Bill but I had dealt with him buying a rangefinder kit. What an outstanding person to deal with. Very professional and very willing to communicate with you. Reading all of these posts here and on facebook really truly show what type of person Bill is. My thoughts and prayers go to Bill and his family.

I meet Bill and Dawn in 2004 for the first time when I troop'd a Star Wars movie event in Indianapolis. From that time on, no matter what event I went to I could always count on Bill and Dawn to be there - they were the "main stays" of what the Bloodfin Garrison Family is all about. I was absolutely crushed yesterday evening when I walked into Bill's hospital room. I have always had resources to call upon in time of battle - if my men or team members were injured I could call and make sure they got fixed - I can't do that - and I hate it. Despite this, I can only image what Bill's family, Dawn, and friends are all going through. This man was so detailed and calm - I envied him. No matter how chaotic my life was - I would often think of Bill and how he was ALWAYS there for the rest of us - helping - giving advice - doing whatever he could - that my friends is Greatness - and although we part here in this life - there will be a time when we all get together for a lifetime CON.

You will see amazing things my brother - and I will smile once more when I look on your face in Heaven and know that I am among my brethren once more.

Peace upon you and journey well, Bill Warren

Joe White
Bloodfin Garrison
501 st

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received word this morning that Bill has passed away. His passing was described as quick and peaceful. His family will be posting more information when they have a chance.

Thanks for what you did and will still do through your family and friends Bill. You'll be missed....he just sent me a few things with a little extra as a gift...super awesome guy.

I had a poem given to me when I was a child and it gave me such peace. It is well known but I felt I had to share for those who may not have read it before;

'I am standing on the seashore,
A ship sails and spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
And starts for the ocean.
She is an object of beauty and I stand watching her till at last she fades on the horizon, and someone at my side says “she is gone”.
Gone where?
Gone from my sight that is all.
She is just as large in the masts, hull and spurs, as she was when I saw her,
and just as able to bear her load of living freight to its destination.
The diminished size, the total loss of sight is in me not in her, and just at the moment when someone at my side says “She is gone”
There are others who are watching her coming, and other voices take up the glad shout.
“here she comes.”
And that is DYING.'

-Bishop Brent

My prayers are with his family, and Bill, your greatest adventure is just beginning. God bless

Rest in Piece brother Bill. We'll miss you for now. I have so many fond memories with you. You and Dawn always brought a smile to me every time I saw you guys. You were and will always be a great person and I'm very grateful you have been part of my life. I will never forget that. Until we meet again Asok. :D

RIP Bill, you will truly be missed.

The impact you made on this community during your life is a testament to the character you demonstrated to us all. I was called a "hack" for Asok on several occasions because people would ask where to get a helmet and I would STRONGLY suggest Bill. There was no personal gain for me I just believed in Bill and his work.

I wish I lived closer so that I could show my respects in person.

RIP Bill. Thank you for everything you did, and for giving so much of yourself to the community. I didn't know you outside of buying a helmet, but you helped set me on this journey. You will be sorely missed brother. :(

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back