Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 25, 2013, 6:32 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #51

Sad news indeed. Thoughts and prayers go out to Bill and his loved ones.
  2. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Jul 25, 2013, 6:35 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #52

Im a recent member. Haven't had much time to personally get to know you... Wish i joined earlier.. Definitely missed a good opportunity to make such a down to earth friend. I'm really grateful for people like you trying to make the community a better place and helping fans of fett with so many projects. You will be in my prayers tonight.

Kai Martin
    Jul 25, 2013, 7:12 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #53

This is very saddening. I saw Art's post last night on Facebook and my heart dropped. I only knew Bill(Asok) here on the forums, and I have one of his helmets. Through the whole process he was kind and genuine. He was helpful and answered all of my questions when I was working on my helmet and even sent out a new RF topper without question when mine wasn't working out. I hope that the hospice can ease any pain he has. I've seen my own family in hospice care and I know how much that sucks. My prayers to Bill's family.
  4. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    Jul 25, 2013, 7:14 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #54

Oh man, I am speechless. My prayers to him and his family.
    Jul 25, 2013, 7:14 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #55

The HELMET will not be the same.
    God speed brother!

Thank you...
    Jul 25, 2013, 7:37 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #56

Peace be with you, Bill....always.

Rob
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Jul 25, 2013, 8:32 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #57

I'm just totally shocked and heartbroken by this news. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
    Jul 25, 2013, 9:02 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #58

He and his family are in our thoughts and prayers. For such a great guy who has done so much for this community, can't even think of what to say.

Vor entye ori'vod
    Jul 25, 2013, 9:24 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #59

Though I'm new to the site, and have yet to even finish my build, Bill (Asok) was one of the first to step out and lend a hand with advice and gave me direction on how to start. He was so very helpful and just reiterated why I wanted to troop in the first place; to meet and fellowship with people like him. Bill, you and your family are in my prayers, and I want to thank you for being so nice and helpful to another die hard Star Wars fan! There just aren't words brother
    Jul 25, 2013, 9:58 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #60

Quote xaoslord said: View Post
    I have dealt with Bill in the past and found him to be an absolute professional, as well as an all-around nice guy. Be strong, Bill. Know that we are with you, and that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    My thoughts exactly…Too sad, you are our Brother and we will never forget you!
  11. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Jul 25, 2013, 10:13 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #61

I don't know Bill very well but I found him to be very professional when dealing with props. Definitely one of the best makers I've come across in my lifetime. I am saddened by this news. Thank you Bill for your dedication to this community, you won't be forgotten.
  12. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Jul 25, 2013, 10:15 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #62

Quote MrsAsok said: View Post
    Art, Kristen, Turo, Chris, Bob, and everyone else, thank you for the kind words and support for Bill. Over the years, I know I have had the pleasure of meeting a lot of you at TDH dinners at DC and other places and many I have heard your board names as he has talked about different things from here. He has truly loved being a part of this community. Reading all your kind words has had me in tears and I've tried to share them with him as best I can.
    You are welcome Dawn. And please, since we can't be there, give Bill a hug and kiss from each of us and tell him how much we love him. He is our brother
  13. Jul 25, 2013, 10:45 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #63

As with many others, I never met ASOK in-person, but my communications with him here on the HELMET were always those of support and encouragement. He has obviously made a tremendous, positive impact on many of the individuals, and on the Costuming/Star Wars Community as a whole. My thoughts are with him and his family.

His helmet was my first costuming piece. It's my pride & joy. When I suit-up as JANGO, I will feel ASOK with me.
    Jul 25, 2013, 10:58 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #64

Oh my...!

I never met Bill or talked with him, but he IS a part of the TDH family for so long and he is/was always positive with everything he did here. I'm struggling to not shed a tear and the fact that right now (as a pure coincidence) I'm listening Guns N' Roses -So Fine (song dedicated by Duff McKaggan to Johnny Thunders) doesn't help me, but this somehow fits pretty well here:

It's a story of a man
    Who works as hard as he can
    Just to be a man who stands on his own
    But the book always burns
    As the story takes it turn
    And leaves a broken man
    How could he be so cool
    How could he be so fine
    I owe a favor to a friend
    My friends, they always come through for me.
    May the force be with you, Bill! Always!
    Jul 25, 2013, 2:13 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #65

I'm quite new to this community but I've already experienced a few times before whenever you decide to join a group like this here you make out some guys who's kindness, knowledge and crafting abilities are remarkable. You are sure that as long as you listen to these people you can't do so much wrong any more. ASOK is one of them for sure!
    I've alredy had the chance to deal with him and it was pure pleasure. He always stated that he treats people like the way he wants to be treaded.
    I feel kind of shocked as well. In moments like this I am reminded of the fact that real life isn't always a fairy tale like Star Wars with a happy ending and sometimes the best of us have to go first.

May the force be with you!
    Jul 25, 2013, 2:18 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #66

This caught me completely off guard! Bill sent me my GMH just ten days ago! And that is after he recast it because of a minor casting issue on the tenth! A pleasure to deal with and quick to return emails. Always handy with words and advice. Quite frankly I feel sad and guilty. If I had known Bill and his family were going through this right now I would never have bothered them with a GMH order. At the same time, I realize had I told Bill this, he would have said something along the lines of "It's no problem." and probably tried to cast me a helmet in the hospital, or made Christy do it..... Haha.

Bill, I have never heard or read a single thing about you other than what an amazing guy you are. My own interaction with you lead me to the same conclusion. I am saddened I never met you face to face, but glad there are those offering up so much support. Just remember what Obi Wan said to Vader during their light saber battle, and may the force be with you!
  17. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Jul 25, 2013, 3:17 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #67

Hi, I'm just some guy on here. I bought a helmet from Asok/Bill late last year. Bill was very kind and clear in communications start to finish, and on-target for delivery. I was really happy to work with him after reading so much about the helmets, and later I was excited to receive a quality helmet at great value.

Bill, sharing the news of your cancer is a sobering reminder to us that if we have the opportunity for reflection before our time comes, will we be comfortable with how we lived our lives and treated others? I hope you are, for please know you have enriched so many other people through your living examples.

As I now read these other shared thoughts from Bill's friends, fellow fans, and family, I see a great reminder lesson to carry and exemplify on a daily basis: "Treat people the way you want to be treated." Someone who lives that creed to the core of their being is a true joy in life to encounter, and we can see that by how many people have come forward with stories of how Bill has lifted them up.

Thank you, Bill, for your contributions to this community, and to everyone who you have enriched through your actions and personal examples.

May your BMF Battalion / 187th Legion march on!

- Tom
    Jul 25, 2013, 4:30 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #68

Man, this sucks...
    My prayers go out to Bill and his family.
    Thank you for all you have done for this community, and may the force be with you!
    Jul 25, 2013, 5:36 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #69

WOW, I can't believe this is happening, Bill has always been a pleasure to do business with.....So sad that this is happening. Prayers incoming and God bless.
  20. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Jul 25, 2013, 5:50 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #70

My thoughts are with you and your family, Bill. If this forum was a cake, I would vote you as everyone's favourite part: the icing. You are a consumate professional, you do outstanding work, and you are a pillar of this online community.

I have probably written and deleted my post about 10 times now. Nothing I write seems to be able to live up to what you deserve for your passion, professionalism, and positive attitude you bring to everything you do. I am seriously going to mis you, Bill.
    Jul 25, 2013, 6:38 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #71

I remember once, my friends mother was told by doctors repeatedly that she only had a few months left to live. She refused to believe them. That was about 15 years ago, and she is still here today. Proof that miracles do happen. Keep fighting Bill, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  22. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Jul 25, 2013, 6:47 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #72

Such sad news, though I've never had the pleasure to meet Bill my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family in these difficult times. God bless.
    Jul 25, 2013, 7:00 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #73

God bless you Bill. Thank you so much for all the positivity and good will you've brought to this board and everywhere else over the years.
    Jul 25, 2013, 7:13 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #74

Bill thank you for the amazing Gmh helmet you have been great in your Pm's and emails to me I can't even process this.

You are in my thoughts and my prayers go out to your friends and family.
  25. Jul 25, 2013, 8:07 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #75

So sad to hear. Thoughts and prayers to Bill and his family.