Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 24, 2013, 11:25 PM - ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #26

I am truly heartbroken by this news. I don't even have the words to express my sadness at this news.

My prayers are with Bill and his family.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Jul 24, 2013, 11:25 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #27

I'm in shock.

My heart goes out to Bill and his family.
    Jul 24, 2013, 11:47 PM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #28

Quote asok said: View Post
    Hi folks my name is Christy Smith-Warren..I want to make sure that everyone knows that if you have ordered helmets the orders will be filled as promised. I have been working with Bill the last two years helping him and learning the trade. In his honor I will continue to use the name Asok. His wife Dawn and I will endeavor to treat everyone the way he would want and did. Please if you have questions pm me here under his board name. Thanks Art for your kind words about him. He is truly one of a kind.
    This was a complete shock to me as we had just exchanged emails this past weekend about an order and I would've never guessed this was happening on the other side of said emails these past few months. With so much shadiness in the world, Asok was as stand up of a guy as someone can get and I'm truly glad I am able to own something he helped create and I will cherish those helmets forever.
    Jul 25, 2013, 12:02 AM - ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #29

I talked with Billl for the last time, two weeks ago when he gave me the news himself. It was so difficult to comprehend that this could be happening to him. He told me that doctors gave him anywhere from 6 months to 5 years to live. i was blown away. Now this news.... I'm in shock.

When someone passes away, people get together and talk about how great they were. In this case its absolutely true. Bill is by far one of the nicest people that I have ever had the pleasure of calling a friend.

Godspeed brother.
    Jul 25, 2013, 12:10 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #30

Bill always just wanted to treat everyone the way he himself wanted to be treated.

9 years ago was when I actually met him and his wife Dawn. They helped me out with a place to live while I was going through some tough times. They got me into Star Wars Costuming. If you would have told me then that I would never move out of their house, I wouldn't have believed you.

Dawn and I have spoke and for those that have asked about donations, we would ask that if you are so moved to make a donation in his name to "Make a Wish" It was a cause that has been near and dear to him as we have trooped many events to benefit them.

We have spent the last 3 nights here at the hospital with him and starting about 2 or 3 each day the members of Bloodfin Garrison have trickled in. Stories of Armor Parties, Dragon Con, Celebration 2 and 3 here in Indy have been the topic of conversation. Stories of how Bill has helped just about every member of our Garrison with some part of their armor. There has been much laughter, some tears, but one thing is evident, Bill is a guy that was very loved.

Thank you to everyone for their kind words about him.

Christy
    Jul 25, 2013, 12:26 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #31

Asok ...Thank you for doing what you do...
    Jul 25, 2013, 12:45 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #32

So sorry to hear this. I personally don't have had any business or other relation with him, but he has indeed always been seen by me as a truly good guy.
    Jul 25, 2013, 12:46 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #33

Wow. I never had any direct dealings with Asok, but he has always struck me as an outstanding individual and a significant asset to the hobby! I am shocked to read this and wish him and his family and friends the very best.
    Jul 25, 2013, 12:47 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #34

Ah man i don't know what to say.... AOSK(Bill) was always a pleasure to work with when sending lids my way for work. Any thread that he posted in it was always positive and always was willing to lend a helpful hand. His contributions to this community will be long remembered for years to come. You and your family will be in my prayers.

And most of all May the Force be with you Brother!!!!!!!!
  10. I helped at SDCC '08 zxwing's Avatar
    Jul 25, 2013, 12:57 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #35

Absolutely shocked and greatly saddened by this news. I echo what others have said. Definitely a pillar of our community and a truly great person. He will truly be missed.
  11. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Jul 25, 2013, 1:11 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #36

Art, Kristen, Turo, Chris, Bob, and everyone else, thank you for the kind words and support for Bill. Over the years, I know I have had the pleasure of meeting a lot of you at TDH dinners at DC and other places and many I have heard your board names as he has talked about different things from here. He has truly loved being a part of this community. Reading all your kind words has had me in tears and I've tried to share them with him as best I can.
    Jul 25, 2013, 1:18 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #37

He's always been a genuinely nice person the variety of times I've been around him over the last decade, if not longer. While this is such a sad time, I am glad his "name" will live on with his helmet line (being handed over to Christy). It will keep him close to our community in the coming years.
  13. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Jul 25, 2013, 1:29 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #38

Very tragic news. I never interacted with him directly that I know of, but admired his presence & contributions here on TDH and on the 501st forums. I hope he finds some strength and peace. He will be missed.

Yvette
    Jul 25, 2013, 1:54 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #39

The name ASOK has always been a part of TDH and the costuming world for as long as I have been a part of it. I spent the second half of my teenage years constantly pouring over these boards, and Bill has always been an icon here. Bill, thank you for everything you have done, and for being a leader and role model to all of us. You will be missed.
    Jul 25, 2013, 2:57 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #40

Wow this is truly heartbreaking. Bill was the first person I dealt with when I began this hobby and if it wasn't for his kindness I probably wouldn't be still doing it. He's always been one of the best vendors and one of the nicest guys. Even though I don't know him like some of you do, this is so hard to take in. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Stay strong brother...
    Jul 25, 2013, 3:11 AM - ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #41

Wow, this is a shock to read and comprehend. I've talked with Bill many times through email and on here, got many many pieces of my suit from him, his helmet was really the start to the journey of building a full suit. He was always quick with encouragement and made time to give an opinion, he was very much appreciated. Its a tragic loss to the community, the hobby, the life, the world. My parts from him now mean more to me, and I will wear them that much more proudly.
  17. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Jul 25, 2013, 3:32 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #42

Sad news, my thoughts are with him and those who are close to him.

Craig
    Jul 25, 2013, 4:04 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #43

This is such sad news. As Rubio said, if there is any way we could help his family with a donation through here, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would want to contribute. Cancer is a vile, unforgiving, b****** of a disease. Our prayers are with you Bill.
    Jul 25, 2013, 4:31 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #44

My heart has just dropped out on hearing this news, Bill may your passing be peaceful painless , a great loss i'm very sure this will be to your family and friends.
    may your work live long, a privilege that sadly many good creative and giving people like Bill don't get. My best wishes to everyone close to Bill.
    Jul 25, 2013, 5:16 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #45

So sorry to hear of this news. I pray God's peace on you, brother, for you and your family.

daVID.
    Jul 25, 2013, 5:17 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #46

I, like everyone else here, was shocked to here the news. He was the first person I purchased from and treated me with respect and kindness. When I asked him about developing my kit he asked if there was anything he could do to help me out. Bill set the standard to which all of us should strive to achieve; a kind person that would go above and beyond to help someone that he didn't even know. This community has become an important part of my life now, and its Bill who I have to thank for that.
    Bill, thank you for everything you've done for me and this community. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    God bless you and you will NEVER be forgotten.
    Justin
  22. Jul 25, 2013, 5:55 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #47

Wow, what a shock. I've been on here for a few years now, and ASOK has always been a pillar of this community,his work ethic and the way he treated people was inspiring. Although ive never had dealings with Bill, i knew he was one of the standout members on here just from the way other members talked about him. Like other members on here, Me and my family have just gone through losing someone with cancer, it's one of the worst things to go through, and not much can help or comfort you in a time like this. Its really hard, but as horrible as it is to say, it gets easier as time goes on, the pain stays with you but you learn to live with it and remember the good times. I know bill is till here with us, so cherish every second you have. Just know that me, as well as everyone else on here, as well as many other boards, will be thinking and praying for both Bill and his family. I'm so sorry for you.

Rest easy brother x
    Jul 25, 2013, 6:07 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #48

This is so sad and heartbreaking for me to read and shocking to hear.
    I'm disheartened beyond words as I type this, and I honestly can't even begin to imagine what Bill and his family and friends are going through. Bill, I want you to know that even though I have never really had a chance to get to know you, I still consider you (like everyone else on here) an extended family member through this great and loving community. Please know that we are all here for you and thinking about and praying for you and your loved ones and that we will all be your rock till the very end. Take care and godspeed my friend. Much love from us all.
    Jul 25, 2013, 6:42 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #49

I have dealt with Bill in the past and found him to be an absolute professional, as well as an all-around nice guy. Be strong, Bill. Know that we are with you, and that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Jul 25, 2013, 7:15 AM - Re: ASOK - Bill Warren Update - All Please read! #50

Prayers incoming ! What sad news. I have delt with Bill many times .. He is kind , professional, helpful, and a master at his craft. He will be missed. I am proud to call him brother !! Bill .. thank you ..Again....

Prayers for him and his family...Incoming !!!