Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Anyone seen or spoken to Ruffkintoy?

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Anyone seen or spoken to Ruffkintoy?

Hi. Anyone seen or spoken to Ruffkintoy(Chuck)? I've been PM'ing him but he has not been on in a while. Please ask him to check his PM's if you talk to him. Thanks!

Paul

From
    Trondheim, Norway

Re: Anyone seen or spoken to Ruffkintoy?

I've also tried reaching him, but to no avail

From
    Central Upstate NY

Email is the best way to reach him, he sometimes goes awhile without visiting the site. If you email him, he will get back to you usually in a day or 2.

From
    Norwalk, CT

True dat. I emailed him directly and he got back to me within a week.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Madmartigan said: View Post
    True dat. I emailed him directly and he got back to me within a week.
    Will anyone PM me his e-mail? I could not find it in our PM's. Thanks Guys!

From
    Central Upstate NY

PM sent

From
    Michigan

Over the last week or two, he's been in the process of moving houses. Never fear, he'll get back with everyone once he has the chance.

From
    Northern Illinois, about 90 miles NW of Chicago and 30 mins from the Wis-Ill line

I talked to him at WWC back in June and he was great

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I usually chat with him over AIM. I haven't seen him online in a while though.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I'm still trying to contact Chuck. I have e-mailed him but no response back. Please, if anyone talks to him ask him to PM me or e-mail me back. Thanks!

From
    Cary, NC

I've been waiting on some stuff from him for a little bit too. The last email i got from on 8/6 him said:

"Sorry for the no response to this email, I just moved into my new place and just got the cable hooked up. I am trying to get everything sorted(can't find anything in the mess)"

I just said thanks for the update and he replied again within about 15 min saying sorry again for the wait.

I emailed him again yesterday for another update, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.
    He's busy, swamped I'm sure, with moving all his stuff and setting up his new place, in addition to the fact he has a good load of orders of items to get sorted.

The dude is busy but hasn't forgotten, just needs some time to get set back up again.

From
    Tallahassee, Florida

Hey I am waiting on a pair of gauntlets from him but i just got a reply from him today to my email. He has been really busy. I was just getting worried, but he isn't the most easy to get in touch with. But he useually will respond when he gets the chance.

Account Deactivated

i have had to wait to wait on items from Chuck as well, back in march and april...alot of people have their stuff done thru him, so he is very busy...i contacted him in leiux of another member....cough cough, irish... and he got back with me with the same info...give him time, he will come through for you guys, and you will be pleased.... and yes, email for sure, he isnt here very often, but when he is, he does get with you....hope that gives some comfort...i needed it back in april too!!

From
    Cary, NC

Got another reply from him, he's so busy trying to get all set up. Don't worry tho, he'll get back up and running soon!

From
    Grand Forks, ND

I've got a set of gauntlets comming from him..eventually.. he said they're done and just waiting to ship. But that was weeks ago. I sent him an email LAST Saturday and havent gotten a reply :-(

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Chuck never rips anyone off, he always pulls through.

From
    Grand Forks, ND

Oh i'm not worried about being ripped off. I know enough about his reputation to not be concerned there. Its just that I ordered the gauntlets in early June, and I'm just more worried about being able to do anything WITH the gauntlets when they do arrive. Winter's not that far off in these parts

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Thanks for your reassurance guys. I will sit tight and wait.

From
    Cary, NC

Rokeim said: View Post
    I've got a set of gauntlets comming from him..eventually.. he said they're done and just waiting to ship. But that was weeks ago. I sent him an email LAST Saturday and havent gotten a reply :-(
    I'm in the same boat. He's been telling me since around D*Con that my stuff is done, and he will get them out ASAP. Every other week, he apologizes for the delay and assures me they are going out soon.

About a week and a half ago, I expressed my concerns about not receiving my stuff in time to get it all painted and ready for my Halloween deadline. He replied on Thursday (9/18 ) saying it will go out the next day (9/19) and he will provide a tracking #.

Here I am, a week later, worried as all hell that I won't be able to have my costume ready for Halloween, and I still have not heard back from him with a tracking number. I am only hoping he sent the stuff, but never got around to emailing me the tracking number. I have no way of knowing though.

I've seen firsthand Chuck's work from another member in my area, and he was not the only person to refer me to Chuck for my armor needs.
    PLEASE tell me that my anxiety is for naught. People say "just sit tight, the gauntlets and armor will be worth the wait."
    I am beginning to think that after 3 months passed the original ETA, maybe it is not worth it, especially if it keeps me from meeting my deadline for Halloween (which would be 4 and a half months after I placed my order).

I know (per what he told me) he's been extremely busy at cons all summer, he did just move and is getting set up again, his dog died, and he took a whack to the head so he's a little off his game, but I am really worried. Maybe I caught him in a bad year??

Does anybody have Chuck's number?

Account Deactivated

i had to wait a loooooooooooooong time for my jumpsuit, got numerous excuses and promises unfufilled when told that it was coming...it is inexcuseable to lead people on like this...it is NOT THAT DIFFICULT to drop a line letting someone know what the deal is...DONT TELL someone that their stuff is shipping out and a tracking number will be sent, and then NOT DO IT!!!!!!! im sorry if i offend anyone, break rules, etc...but this kind of thing has got to stop...these vendors refuse to pass on their skills to others so that there can be more people doing these items, and help keep orders from getting backed up...STOP TAKING ORDERS UNTIL PREVIOUS ONES ARE DONE, OR AT LEAST DONT TAKE PAYMENT UNTIL READY TO START ON THE ORDER!! i have Chucks gauntlets, i finally got my jumpsuit, which is another story, and he does good work...but dude, really? how many people are in this postition waiting for their stuff? im sorry, unacceptable...

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I'm in your boat too. I'm trying to have my Boba done by mid October. I have been e-mailing him as well but I have not gotten a response since August. I would appreciate it if anyone who has had more recent contact mention my name to him. Thanks.

Paul

From
    Tallahassee, Florida

Just wanted to let everybody know that last week I finally got my gauntlets in the mail!!! I ordered them back in April and I got them in September. Well, he does eventually pull through but if you order from him don't be in a rush. I have to say he has the best gauntlets for the price but for such a cheap set with good quality I guess the trade off is the waiting. I am not saying that when I got the gauntlets they were ready to wear.....they will need some "care" and I have to rework a few parts. So basically to sum it up....

if your in a rush I would not recommend. Yet, if you got some time, I woudl highly recommend them. I hope all of you guys get your stuff soon.

Cheers!

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I think I first contacted him in May... so maybe my order will be up. Thanks.

From
    Cary, NC

I originally ordered Gauntlets in April, but ordered the rest of the armor in May. I asked him to hold onto the gauntlets until the armor was done, so he could ship everything all together and save me some shipping costs. I was gracious that he accepted to do so, he wasn't obligated to but it was for my benefit.

So on Wed, 5/21/08 (when I sent payment for the rest of the stuff) he gave me an ETA of 2-4 weeks. I even gave him a full 4 weeks before I bothered him again. I'm still waiting.

He's being doing this for years, so I know he is not about to start 'jacking anybody's money and rip them off. He has good quality items at an attractive and affordable price tag, but the down side seems to be that you have to wait 4 times longer than he tells you it will take.

Not bashing, just expressing my worries. Still would like his number if anybody has it.

From
    Cincinnati, OH

Just remember that the artists/vendors here do this in their spare time. Things come up and sometimes that is just part of it. When I've dealt with Chuck he was awesome, good communication and super fast turn around (just a couple of weeks at Christmas time!). Everyone has life issues to deal with. The time frames you guys are talking does seem a little excessive, but really isn't all that uncommon when you are dealing high demand props made by a hobbyist in their own home on their own time. As to the exchange of money, did Chuck ask for it or did you just send it to him? He doesn't seem the type to ask for money in advance knowing full well he won't get around to filling the order for awhile.