Any Odd ESB moments??

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

Any Odd ESB moments??

Hey everyone,
    I was just reading thread on another board regarding the 30th anniversary of the ESB movie, and how it was the best movie in his opinion. I happen to agree with him but it led me another thought. In ESB after the Empires troops have landed, there's a scene on HOTH where a young officer is telling other officers where they'll be going. The acting is bad, turning his back to look behind him and the guy is painfully trying NOT to look at the camera. I always wondered, WHY did George include this scene? I know it's random, but that scene sticks out.

Any others you can think of??

From
    Cookeville, TN

Re: Any Odd ESB moments??

Well, if you're tallking about the scene in the rebel hanger, the acting was bad because they weren't actors but rathe ILM staff.
    Joe Jonston, Ralph McQuarrie, and Mike Panagrazio I think was the third officer. It never stuck more than any other scene
    other than the fact that they were in front of a matte painting. In fact, the only worse matte to me is the ROTJ hanger when
    Lando talks to Han about the Falconbeing in good hands.

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

Muad'Dib said: View Post
    Well, if you're tallking about the scene in the rebel hanger, the acting was bad because they weren't actors but rathe ILM staff.
    Joe Jonston, Ralph McQuarrie, and Mike Panagrazio I think was the third officer. It never stuck more than any other scene
    other than the fact that they were in front of a matte painting. In fact, the only worse matte to me is the ROTJ hanger when
    Lando talks to Han about the Falconbeing in good hands.
    Yep, that's the scene. AH, that completely makes sense. It just rubs me the wrong way when I see it. YES, the Matte in that ROTJ scene is THE worst...

From
    Same planet as you, in a country that is below sea-level... the Nether-realm.. Oh wait.. Netherlands

When Vader is being kicked by Luke.... rewind and play the UGH over and over again... just weird...

From
    Cookeville, TN

Slow wirework is the culprit in that one. It looks kinda like it was slowed down for some John Woo-style. LOL!