Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Mar 15, 2008, 1:09 PM - Another newcomer #1

Hello everyone, new member here and wanted to take a moment to say "Hello!". About a decade ago I got the urge to create a Boba Fett costume for myself, but I didn't get very far due to a lack of time and money. Back then the resources available weren't as plentiful as they are now, which added to me abandoning the project.

Over the years the urge would return, but I was still never able to get it done. A couple years ago I was going through some boxes and threw out what I had done so far because I told myself I'd never be able to do it. Last summer the urge returned again, I had more time and money available to me than when I first started the project, but I decided to hold off incase the urge passed. It was about that time that I stumbled across this site. The desire for my own Boba Fett has yet to go away.

I've been trolling The Dented Helmet on and off since I found it and am amazed at the wealth of knowledge here. I've decided to pick up the project again, but this time the lack of resources isn't going to be a problem. I think the opposite is going to be a problem. There's so much information here that I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm not sure where to start. You guys (and gals) are amazing!
  2. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Mar 15, 2008, 2:04 PM - Re: Another newcomer #2

Welcome.

First question, what Fett are you thinking of doing?
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Mar 15, 2008, 2:33 PM - Re: Another newcomer #3

Scratch built ESB
    Mar 15, 2008, 2:45 PM - Re: Another newcomer #4

Welcome, and good luck!
  5. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Mar 15, 2008, 2:54 PM - Re: Another newcomer #5

Sounds good, look forward to following your build.
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Mar 16, 2008, 5:31 PM - Re: Another newcomer #6

Welcome aboard! You're definitely in the right place if you're looking to build and ESB Fett from scratch. I don't mean to discourage you, but you may want to take a look at this thread if you haven't already:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=17421
  7. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Mar 17, 2008, 3:52 PM - Re: Another newcomer #7

Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Welcome aboard! You're definitely in the right place if you're looking to build and ESB Fett from scratch. I don't mean to discourage you, but you may want to take a look at this thread if you haven't already:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=17421
    I read that thread before I started this project. It didn't discourage me at all. Spread out over time the cost won't be as bad. Although it does make me wish that I had an obsession with Mario instead. A pair of overalls, a read t-shirt, and baseball cap would be alot cheaper!
    Mar 17, 2008, 3:53 PM - Re: Another newcomer #8

Welcome!