501 acceptance

Bonded Hawk

New Hunter
I'm slowly making a ROTJ suit for my wife (with my ESB) to follow. I have tried to search for height requirements for 501 Acceptance on this site with no luck. I might be wording my search incorrectly. Can a 5'9" 120lb person get acceptance in the 501 as a Boba? Either way she wants the suit, 501 approval is just a bonus. Also the work filters doesn't like the 501 websites.

Bonded Hawk

The only costume there is a height restriction on, I believe, is Vader. So your wife should be just fine getting into the 501st at 5'9" :)

ahem...
The only requirements for membership are ownership of a Legion-approved costume representing villainous or malevolent characters from the Star Wars films or its expanded universe sources, wearability of said costume(s) and that the member must be at least eighteen ( 18 ) years of age.

This is the third time to try and write this at work. All I was going to say was thanks, the work filters don't let me go to a lot of sites.

I'm 5'5" and I am approved ROTJ Fett, so you're wife won't have an issue. The 501st doesn't really dictate sizes with the above mentioned Vader, if they did the club would be cut by over half.

i'm kind of an "acting" squad leader in my garrison, even though montana doesn't have enough members to be considered a squad, and when i meet people that are interested in building a costume and joining the legion, i encourage them to choose a costume that compliments their body type (height, weight, etc.), but if they have their heart set on a specific character or costume i'm not going to try to stop them from doing that. it's the costume that has to be screen accurate, not the person wearing it.

Size matters not!
The only time it really does is when LFL makes a requests to use troopers/Vaders. I know in Japan when we did some commercial shoots there was a minimum height requirement for Stormtroopers and Vader. One of the Vaders used for TV has even put in padding into his chest and shoulders to give him more a Vader build. He now does that every troop and it looks awesome. It's an extra step to go to be "screen accurate" but it isn't required for 501st membership.

If we're talking about movie accuracy, it makes sense to note how tall the actual actor was: I know that the IMDb states that Jeremy Bulloch is 6'1", but I'm 6'1" and he certainly doesn't seem as tall as me in this pic:

DSC_0779.jpg

I would tend to believe that he's about 5'10" or so, as stated on this site: Jeremy Bulloch Height - how tall

As a matter of fact, after meeting Jeremy, I was a little worried that I'd be too tall as Fett (especially since I'm about the same height as the Vader in our garrison). In short, I think your wife will be a more accurate Fett at 5'9" than I will be (when I finally finish my Fett) at 6'1"

I really appreciate all of the response. I tackled a "quick" version of Boba several Halloweens ago but always wanted to come back and do it correctly. For that Halloween my wife used a Rubies helmet that fit her well. I later tried to mod it, and that was a disaster. Finances and life kept me away until now. As for her doing another character more proportionate to herself, that won't happen. Not only is Boba the coolest character in SW, he also appears to be one of the most difficult to do right. She never makes it easy on me. I just look at her costume as practice for when I do mine.

BH

Hey BH - Look at it this way: you found a girl who is not only willing to put up with you spending countless hours making and wearing Star Wars stuff (not to mention draining your wallet for it), but one who is actually willing to get involved herself in this whole crazy hobby of ours. I'd say that makes her a pretty darn cool wife!

Markus Fett, I would love to agree about having someone to share this hobby with...but...she has more costumes than me, I make them, and I am currently finishing another one up for her as I type this. This just ain't right! Seriously it is nice to have this as common ground. I do find myself lucky.

BH

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back